Change the Trains of One Coaster

SonofBaconator

Trains  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I chose Diamondback. Although the "wing" seats were a cool feature when it first opened, I now wonder how Diamondback would be with standard 4-across trains. Maybe they could keep two trains as is and bring one standard train in as an experiment.

Also, non-KI related, Skyrush. I think that ride would be an instant Top 10 for me if they just fixed those thigh-crushing restraints! I mean, I get why they are there due to the intense forces of the ride, but a maybe something similar to a T-Bar (Millennium Force) or even Maverick's newer vest restraints could work.

I voted Flight of Fear. Even though the current lap bars are loads better than the overhead restraints, there's still room for improvement. Flight of Fear always has a long line, and if it had an extra train, they could potentially launch after the train clears the MCBR. Also I think part of this coaster's roughness is the small claustrophobic trains. Especially for a taller guy, these trains are the least comfortable in the park, I'd even go as far to say worse than Invertigo.

• Like 2

I choose The Beast. I don't like the idea of millennium flyers since I feel they wouldn't be heavy enough to keep the classic Beast rumble. I think they should make the cars like Tornado at Adventureland. Put in a lot of padding that helps you stay comfortable while the ride is shaking and get rid of the divider. And of course (truly cannot stress this enough) bring back the buzz bars! The newer lap bars really pin you in and are very unfriendly to bigger guests.  

14 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

I'd love to see something like Millennium Flyers or Trimberliners on The Racer along with a refresh of the original paint scheme, some retracking, re-vamp of the station, etc. 

I mean, if you’re willing to ditch the PTCs on a classic you might as well put Millennium Flyers or Timberliners on The Beast. I think it might actually benefit more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I mean, if you’re willing to ditch the PTCs on a classic you might as well put Millennium Flyers or Timberliners on The Beast. I think it might actually benefit more. 

If it improves the ride, I'd be all for it. Beast and Racer are both great coasters, but the rides are a bit hampered by the fact that the experience is so dissimilar depending on where you sit (middle row of a car above no wheels is great, front row on a wheel is ok, back row on a wheel can be awful) and that the individual lap bars are awkwardly shaped. 

Not sure about the engineering behind it all and how articulated trains would run, but even the visual appearance of some fresh trains would nice alongside a general revamp of The Racer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

If it improves the ride, I'd be all for it. Beast and Racer are both great coasters, but the rides are a bit hampered by the fact that the experience is so dissimilar depending on where you sit (middle row of a car above no wheels is great, front row on a wheel is ok, back row on a wheel can be awful) and that the individual lap bars are awkwardly shaped. 

Not sure about the engineering behind it all and how articulated trains would run, but even the visual appearance of some fresh trains would nice alongside a general revamp of The Racer. 

The bad part is Racer is most expensive coaster to do that since they would need 4 trains. Maybe they can get a Black Friday sale,  buy 3 get one free? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

I choose The Bat. Vekoma designed floorless swinging suspended trains to replace old Arrow swinging suspended trains. There are currently 2 being used on Vampire at Chessington Worlds of Adventure. 

I definitely think that would be cool for something different and maybe add a smoother experience, but I feel like the arrow swinging trains give The Bat part of its unique charm. 

• Like 3