Could Kings Island get a record breaking Dive Machine?

Cedar Fair Fanboy

17 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Is it possible for that to happen, if yes, what's your opinion on it?

Should we see outpost 5 return and trying to kill The Beast?

Or should we see a Brand new theme that we didn't see in the park?

What's your opinion?

Brand new theme. I don't think they'll use a name that was used in the past. I think they'll come up with an original name. For coaster, I don't want a dive. If I had my way, I'd go for a ground up RMC or an Intamin multi launch. While I think The Vortex plot is a very likely spot for a coaster, part of me thinks they should focus on Action Zone next since it's been 6 years since they did anything with that area. Plus Action Zone doesn't really have a theme and I think an update to Action Zone in the style of what they did with A72 with a new name would be nice. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

We need a vertical/beyond vertical drop coaster. We don’t have a single one. I would love to see either a dive coaster or a eurofighter. A dive would fit perfectly in our lineup.

How about a ~135' GCI Titan Track with a infinity flyers, chain lift, 95° Drop, midcourse LSM boost, and 3 inversions? 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

How about a ~135' GCI Titan Track with a infinity flyers, chain lift, 95° Drop, midcourse LSM boost, and 3 inversions? 

Good idea lol

But if we are going for the more “literal” approach I would say the worlds steepest eurofighter that is 230 ft tall, has 5 launches and sixteen inversions with the most airtime in the world and lap bars. :D

• Haha 1

I agree that the kids area could use a refresher and a couple new rides.  The Camp Snoopy area at Carowinds has a very nice feel to it.  Cedar Fair has done a decent job upgrading the look and feel of Coney Mall, Riveertown, and International Street.  Planet Snoopy hasn`t really received any tlc or aesthetic updates to the entire land since really 2006 (prior to the Peanuts gang moving in).  Yes, we saw the addition of two new kiddy rides in 2015, but the area could use something added to it.  There just seems to be a lot of open, unused space in kiddy land right now.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, rhyano said:

Dive Machines and RMCs are getting stale, once you ride one you've pretty much rode them all, at least that's what it feels like to me, so I'd really like to see something unique take Vortex's plot of land.

Have to disagree on the RMC part. RMC introduced a host of new elements and continues to do so. For example only Storm Chaser and Twisted Timbers have the inverting drop, Goliath has it's great stall out of a half loop and Outlaw run has a double corkscrew that is unique to RMC. While certain elements are repeated I think they have done an excellent job of differentiating their rides.

• Like 4

I think Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance were the high point of airtime focused RMCs. Untamed went heavy on inversions, Zadra and Iron Gwazi look to be more focused on high speed large scale transitions, all while still offering great inversions and some airtime as well. They continue to evolve. With their cost being relatively lower, I think a ground up RMC in The Vortex plot would be, by far, the best use of that space. An RMC also fits in really well for the park's lineup and that area of the park, in my opinion. 

• Like 2

If Kings Island were to place a Dive Coaster/Vertical Drop Coaster, I would want it to be a eurofighter like Hangtime at Knott's Berry Farm. I've ridden Valravn at Cedar Point, and after a few more rides on it I quickly started to get bored of it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dj325 said:

If Kings Island were to place a Dive Coaster/Vertical Drop Coaster, I would want it to be a eurofighter like Hangtime at Knott's Berry Farm. I've ridden Valravn at Cedar Point, and after a few more rides on it I quickly started to get bored of it.

I tend to agree, I really, really enjoy Hangtime. The only thing I could see holding KI back on this would be capacity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dj325 said:

Hangtime is an Infinity coaster, not a Euro-Fighter.  I really like the lighting package on Hangtime and I would rather see a coaster like that at Kings Island instead of something that Cedar Point already has.

11 minutes ago, DiamondbackFan said:

Hangtime is an Infinity coaster, not a Euro-Fighter.  I really like the lighting package on Hangtime and I would rather see a coaster like that at Kings Island instead of something that Cedar Point already has.

Yeah, I'm very good at remembering ALL the different types of roller coasters, so thanks for letting me know that:D

• 3 weeks later...

The only way I can see us getting a record breaking dive is if it breaks like one record. For example, I doubt we'd get the "world's tallest" or "worlds fastest." 

Maybe it would be possible to get the "longest" or "most inversions" 

To break records it would have to:

• Have a drop taller than 245ft
  • Go faster than 80mph
  • Be longer than 3,625ft
  • Have more than 4 inversions

7 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

The only way I can see us getting a record breaking dive is if it breaks like one record. For example, I doubt we'd get the "world's tallest" or "worlds fastest." 

Maybe it would be possible to get the "longest" or "most inversions" 

To break records it would have to:

• Have a drop taller than 245ft
  • Go faster than 80mph
  • Be longer than 3,625ft
  • Have more than 4 inversions

Not inversion breaking, but breaks everything else. I think it'd be a good fit.

• Like 2