Alabama Adventure Teasing New Big Attraction

On social media, Alabama Adventure has been teasing that "something big is coming", and it shows a birthday present over an empty area. This area used to belong to some sort of auditorium I think. This is the teaser video:

https://www.facebook.com/78871446304/videos/753981448867500

This new attraction is going to be revealed on Christmas morning (stated by the park). Any ideas?

1 minute ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I have never been there, would that location work better for a dry or wet attraction?

It's hard to say. Alabama Adventure is mostly known for their water park so they might be bringing it the crowds, but they also need to expand their theme park. They only have one big thrill ride, and that's their CCI Rampage. They need something new in their dry park, but the water park could steal the show because of the popularity.

15 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

This park is owned by Holiday World currently so IDK.

It is owned by some people with the last name Koch who at one point in time owned part of and ran Holiday World but is not owned by Holiday World. It is true that is is being run like Holiday World minus the amazing dry rides Holiday World has.

8 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

It is owned by some people with the last name Koch who at one point in time owned part of and ran Holiday World but is not owned by Holiday World. It is true that is is being run like Holiday World minus the amazing dry rides Holiday World has.

I guess *was partially owned* by Holiday World.

Alabama Splash Adventure is owned by Dan Koch and Pat Koch.  Dan is the brother of the late Will Koch, and Pat is their mom.  There was a dispute over how much shares were worth of Holiday World several years back (in 2013, see the article link below) (from what I gathered, it got fairly nasty, and the courts were involved) between Dan and Lori Koch, Will`s wife.  The end result was that Dan and Pat left Holiday World.  I don`t know if they still maintain any ownership in Holiday World, or if it is now owned by Lori and their three kids (Lauren, Leah and Will).  Shortly thereafter, Dan and Pat purchased Alabama Splash Adventure.

https://duboiscountyherald.com/b/family-feud-rattles-holiday-world

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Alabama Splash Adventure is owned by Dan Koch and Pat Koch.  Dan is the brother of the late Will Koch, and Pat is their mom.  There was a dispute over how much shares were worth of Holiday World several years back (in 2013, see the article link below) (from what I gathered, it got fairly nasty, and the courts were involved) between Dan and Lori Koch, Will`s wife.  The end result was that Dan and Pat left Holiday World.  I don`t know if they still maintain any ownership in Holiday World, or if it is now owned by Lori and their three kids (Lauren, Leah and Will).  Shortly thereafter, Dan and Pat purchased Alabama Splash Adventure.

https://duboiscountyherald.com/b/family-feud-rattles-holiday-world

No wonder the park is so dead. I feel bad that Holiday World had to go through that, they run an amazing park. Thanks for the info