The Racer 2020 Off Season Track Work

Kyle Kruthoffer

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

And yet most of the comments on the post are people begging for them to run it backwards again despite the park saying multiple times that it'll never run backwards again.

Never say never. It's always a possibility. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

And yet most of the comments on the post are people begging for them to run it backwards again despite the park saying multiple times that it'll never run backwards again.

People miss it so of course they're going to continue to ask for it to come back. I'm sure people had a lot of fun memories when it ran backwards. 

I was fortunate enough to take a ride on Racer tonight at the friends and family event.

Blue side, second seat.

Best Racer ride for me in years. The new outbound stretch was whipped cream smooth and the entire ride was great.

Great job to KI and GG for all the TLC on Racer. I’d still love a backwords ride, but short of that, I’m thankful that Racer is running fantastic again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buckeye Brad said:Blue side, second seat.

Best Racer ride for me in years. The new outbound stretch was whipped cream smooth and the entire ride was great.

Rode blue side in the first seat earlier today, I can definitely say it was the smoothest ride I’ve ever had on Racer by far. The difference was incredible.

• Like 1

I was at Friends and Family night yesterday as well. I rode Blue Racer in row five, and one thing I noticed is that all the non-wheel seats and the front seat were labeled probably to indicate smoother seats. My ride was very smooth, and the airtime on the outwards run was very good. The first two airtime hills, and the airtime hill before the turnaround felt a lot less drawn-out and delivered great airtime. However, the return trip after the turnarounds is still a little rough, and it is noticeable after coming off a such smooth first half. I really hope Kings Island has Gravity Group come back next offseason to re-track and re-profile The Racer’s second half.

• Like 3

I also rode Blue Racer last night, in row 9 (a wheel seat!) and it was the smoothest ride I have ever had on it. There were still small bumps here and there as expected, but it is a night-and-day experience from my first ride in 2008 (which was the roughest). As the first big coaster I rode, I have a whole new appreciation for Racer and will definitely make sure to ride it more often!

• Like 2

The first two airtime hills, and the airtime hill before the turnaround felt a lot less drawn-out and delivered great airtime. 

@FUN&ONLY!, I just got off The Racer and totally agree with this. Smooth and more direct pops of air. I really appreciate the new track work.

• Like 2

I have never liked The Racer... That said, I rode 1 ride today and got decent airtime (which I never get on The Racer) and the ride was so much more smooth! (specifically the re-tracked portion). 10/10 good job to everyone involved! Please redo the rest and repaint Racer and Diamondback for the 50th and I would be in love!

I rode it today. Wow. Best ride in over 25 years on it. Not like the early days pre-individual retrainents, but the best since then. I rode the front seat red train. Butter smooth. Floater airtime that gently brought you back down to the track instead of slamming you. I'm very impressed with Gravity Groups proprietary process to smooth this ride out. Now, maybe Beast can get some love in the next couple of years, 

Couldn't agree more.  The first half of the ride is butter smooth.  Problem is it makes the last half seem rough.  Not that it's rough, just not as smooth as the 1st half.  Here's hoping the do the last half so it may be enjoyed for 50 more years!

• Like 1

I rode both Blue and Red and really enjoyed it!  Hopefully they will retrack from the turn around back to the brake run for next season because it is now evident of how needed it is!  Ever since I rode Racer 75 in 2016, I was hoping Racer would run as well.  I (mostly) got that wish yesterday!

• Like 1

Reading everyone's reviews makes me feel good about trying to ride it... I've always wanted to ride Racer and Beast but I have a bad back and have always been nervous about trying to ride them cause I don't wanna be in pain afterwards lol. Think I just might have to get my first ride in on It this season. I know my limits and have always stuck to them but at the same time I've always felt like I've been missing out on these classic coasters :) glad to hear the retrack has made it smoother... I feel like I can deal with half of the ride being rough just not all of it lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk