Holiday World's Raven Gets Track Work

10 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I bragged to my Wife how awesome holiday world was. I was disappointed when we got there. All the rides were so rough I couldn't wait to get off expect Thunderbird. 

I felt that way about the Raven. I was disappointed in it. After riding the Raven I could not understand how it won multiple Golden Tickets.  I thought it was rough, and way too short. The turn over the water was a cool element though. I did however love the Voyage, and did not think it was rough, and the Legend was a great ride, but a tad rough. Doubt we ever go back, but Holiday World was fun to experience. Glad they are putting the TLC into their coasters.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I bragged to my Wife how awesome holiday world was. I was disappointed when we got there. All the rides were so rough I couldn't wait to get off expect Thunderbird. 

I heard Voyage was running well this year. Last time I went in 2014 it was a one and done ride. 

I haven't been to Holiday World since maybe 2016, but before then there were years where I went multiple times per year. IF the park takes care of its coasters like it did back then, the wooden ones run night-and-day better in the spring and fall. They aren't good rides in summer--they'll all jackhammer in many places. I've never noticed such a polarity at other parks, but then again, KI is the only other wood coaster-heavy park I've been to many times per year.

On 11/21/2020 at 5:32 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

I heard Voyage was running well this year. Last time I went in 2014 it was a one and done ride. 

You heard correctly, Voyage was running great when I was there in mid July.  Raven sucked rocks.... I Love(d) that ride and its never been a one and done for me, until this year.

• Like 2