Missing Winterfest 2020

IndyGuy4KI

3 hours ago, DownInRivertown said:

They go into serious detail in every corner of the park, changing all the restaurant and shop names.

I agree, you almost don't recognize the park from the summer with all the changes. I am very glad when they brought it back they really thought it through.

• Like 3

That’s my favorite time of year to go to the park. Even if most of the rides are closed it’s just amazing being there at night with all of the lighting.    

based on the video that I have seen of what Carowinds is doing  this year, it’s best that they just didn’t have Winterfest at all instead of something like that.    Lots of tacky decorations and very few lights.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, super7 said:

That’s my favorite time of year to go to the park. Even if most of the rides are closed it’s just amazing being there at night with all of the lighting.    

based on the video that I have seen of white Carowinds did this year, it’s best that they just didn’t have Winterfest at all instead of something like that.    Lots of tacky decorations and very few lights.  

I agree completely with what you said. Carowinds still looks nice for its guests inter event, but it has like 20% of the lights it usually has up for Winterfest. I hope Winterfest can return next year with all of its lights and live shows.

• Like 1

Which one of these is not like the other lol

KIMG0296.JPG

Though I did miss Haunt lot more this year, Winterfest was cool too. I've gone outside a few times and thought it was "Winterfest weather" - where it's cold, but not too cold, but you know that it'll get a bit chillier once the sun goes down. Good times!

Also, that cookie I made one time lol:

KIMG0356.JPG

I showed some friends afterward and they thought it was funny!

Finally, something I had never done before 2019 WF was go in the snowglobe. I remember it was like going into space or something as they had different chambers and (IIRC) you got briefed before going into each one.

KIMG0355.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...