Orion on 10 Best USA Today Favorite 2020 New Attraction

IndyGuy4KI

16 hours ago, Kodistict said:

Voted Orion! Although it is very strange how West Coast Racers is so low, I heard it is a very good ride.

I rode it in February, a few weeks before the park closed for Covid. It is a really good ride. One of my favorites in the park and they have a lot of coasters.  I had to pause with my vote before picking Orion. WCR is very close to Orion for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This poll is extremely askewed at its current poll position, granted they have 10 days left in the poll but somethings we know are above others and vise versa that should not be from a realistic perspective.

To say Catwoman's Whip is above Runaway Railway Or Cheetah Chase well above Rise of the Resistance? I want to take polls like this seriously but this just does not feel genuine. I want to see the parks and hard working teams that worked years of their life on for these attractions to receive the gratitude and recognition that's deserved. But (for example) to the imagineers that works years on a an original attraction such as Runaway Railway be outdone by Catwoman's Whip is just not right. 

I ask you please don't repeat vote for Orion just because you want to see it #1, vote for the attractions if you repeat vote that deserve the recognition! I can tell you now there are many on this list that well deserve it!

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

This poll is extremely askewed at its current poll position, granted they have 10 days left in the poll but somethings we know are above others and vise versa that should not be from a realistic perspective.

To say Catwoman's Whip is above Runaway Railway Or Cheetah Chase well above Rise of the Resistance? I want to take polls like this seriously but this just does not feel genuine. I want to see the parks and hard working teams that worked years of their life on for these attractions to receive the gratitude and recognition that's deserved. But (for example) to the imagineers that works years on a an original attraction such as Runaway Railway be outdone by Catwoman's Whip is just not right. 

I ask you please don't repeat vote for Orion just because you want to see it #1, vote for the attractions if you repeat vote that deserve the recognition! I can tell you now there are many on this list that well deserve it!

Why do you want to take this pole seriously? You can literally vote once a day. Parks can share links in which once you click you’ve automatically voted for their product.  Clearly it’s for marketing, not for actual statistics. So if you want to throw your local park a bone then go for it.  At least KI will utilize it in their advertising. Lord knows Disney won’t tout being rated #1 in a RD poll. They build the greatest attractions in the world. They know it. The world knows it. They don’t need a few thousand fan boys confirming it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Why do you want to take this pole seriously? You can literally vote once a day. Parks can share links in which once you click you’ve automatically voted for their product.  Clearly it’s for marketing, not for actual statistics. So if you want to throw your local park a bone then go for it.  At least KI will utilize it in their advertising. Lord knows Disney won’t tout being rated #1 in a RD poll. They build the greatest attractions in the world. They know it. The world knows it. They don’t need a few thousand fan boys confirming it. 

So you would agree this is just a fanboy poll?

• 3 weeks later...

Orion wins

Kings Island is proud to announce that its new coaster, Orion, has claimed the title of Best New Amusement Park Attraction in this year’s USA TODAY 10Best.com Readers’ Choice Travel Awards poll. 

Read more on the KIBlog here: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/december/orion-named-best-new-amusement-park-attraction-for-2020-in-national-poll

See the results here: https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-new-amusement-park-attraction-2020/

readerschoice1400.jpg

• Like 4