Indianan Beach To Add 2 Rides for 2021

My guess is this will be a parking lot coaster.  It’s pretty compact, it appears to be 130’ x 260’ when I measured it on Google maps.  Likely to be located next to Steel Hawg.  

If the park is planning to continue to expand we will likely see more rides located in this lot and people will have to park in the grass lots and walk in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenban said:

My guess is this will be a parking lot coaster.  It’s pretty compact, it appears to be 130’ x 260’ when I measured it on Google maps.  Likely to be located next to Steel Hawg.  

If the park is planning to continue to expand we will likely see more rides located in this lot and people will have to park in the grass lots and walk in.

How often do they fill up both grass lots anyways? They could pave them. Would be a great idea to use up parking lot space if they have too much. Or buy some of those shady looking motels and get rid of them.

49 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

How often do they fill up both grass lots anyways? They could pave them. Would be a great idea to use up parking lot space if they have too much. Or buy some of those shady looking motels and get rid of them.

Land should not actually be a problem.  This is complicated, but the park used to own like 150-200 acres because they have a giant campground across the street, and they are not even using large sections of that land.  Apex sold all of the land to a holding company and was paying a lease.  I remember the new owners of the park had stated before the purchase closed that being able to repurchase the land was a requirement.  But I have never seen any evidence either way if the land purchase occurred.  The counties GIS website still lists Store Master Funding as the owner, but it also still lists Apex as owning the rides and structures.

• Like 3

This coaster has a interesting history including two deaths in 2019 before arrival at Indiana Beach

In late 2020, Quimera was reportedly being carefully dismantled for relocation from La Feria. The park's Ratón Loco and several other rides had already been removed from the site some time ago.[8] However, it wasn't until the days leading up to the announcement that individuals with inside knowledge had posted information online regarding Quimera's future, stating that it would find a new home at Indiana Beach in Monticello, Indiana. Rumors promptly began to circulate, but it was only days later, on November 24th, 2020, that until Indiana Beach released a press statement confirming such

I have a huge concern with the purchase of Quimera. It was different than the Mindbender accident where a car axle detached due to maintenance and engineering oversights. The reason why Mindbender was reopened was that there was nothing wrong with the physical structure and track.

However, with Quimera, investigators ruled that the ride was riled with defects. There has been numerous reports of track and supports having severe structural issues, and the loop appears to have significant structural issues (check out the deflection between 2010 and 2019). It looks like whatever refurbishment will be needed will likely cost more than the current value of the ride.

The final concern I have is that the ride can not run with any condensation on the track. The ride was removed from Flamingoland for this exact reason. Furthermore, it being built by the lake may result in the ride being closed more than it is open.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

I have a huge concern with the purchase of Quimera. It was different than the Mindbender accident where a car axle detached due to maintenance and engineering oversights. The reason why Mindbender was reopened was that there was nothing wrong with the physical structure and track.

However, with Quimera, investigators ruled that the ride was riled with defects. There has been numerous reports of track and supports having severe structural issues, and the loop appears to have significant structural issues (check out the deflection between 2010 and 2019). It looks like whatever refurbishment will be needed will likely cost more than the current value of the ride.

The final concern I have is that the ride can not run with any condensation on the track. The ride was removed from Flamingoland for this exact reason. Furthermore, it being built by the lake may result in the ride being closed more than it is open.

Is there a source?

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 4:16 PM, gforce1994 said:

Yikes:blink: I hope it’s safe!

One other note on the intensity with the Schwarzkopf, the one being placed at IB has circular loops.  That alone makes a world of difference.  Whereas with the teardrop shape loops, you only have brief moments with the positive G's, with circular ones, those G's are sustained longer.   The big ones also whip through there pretty fast if you ever catch a POV or an off-ride video.  Anton was was less calculating in his designs than his the competitor Ron Toomer. 

Also, a lot of the design lines you'll find on Schwarzkopfs helped influence both Intamin and B&M as engineers from both have roots working with Anton. He's one of my favorite influential figures in the history of roller coasters because of how most of the higher end steel coaster companies derive their designs from his work. 

In case you missed it, Gene Staples mentioned that quite a few new rides have been acquired.  A second new coaster will be installed within the next year.  They plan to add a new ride each year. Skip to about the 11 minute mark on this video.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsandReview/videos/vb.271345239574505/414930102976641/?type=3&theater

There is a lot of speculation that the second coaster is Cascabel 2.0.

https://rcdb.com/353.htm

18 hours ago, DiamondbackFan said:

In case you missed it, Gene Staples mentioned that quite a few new rides have been acquired.  A second new coaster will be installed within the next year.  They plan to add a new ride each year. Skip to about the 11 minute mark on this video.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsandReview/videos/vb.271345239574505/414930102976641/?type=3&theater

There is a lot of speculation that the second coaster is Cascabel 2.0.

https://rcdb.com/353.htm

Boi....

By the way, Quimera has been confirmed and it is currently getting disassembled to start getting shipped.

http://screamscape.com/html/indiana_beach.htm

You will find it on this link somewhere, the links on the post are pulled straight from IB's Facebook page.