Kings Island Camp Cedar to Open Spring 2021

Year-Round Luxury Outdoor Resort Will Welcome Park Guests, Families and RV Travelers

Construction of the $27 million Kings Island Camp Cedar is underway, and the new luxury outdoor resort is scheduled to open in the spring of 2021. The resort will feature modern lodging that will welcome Kings Island guests, families, vacationers and recreational vehicle (RV) travelers.

Kings Island Camp Cedar is owned by Small Brothers, LLC and Terra Firma Associates. Through a unique partnership and licensing agreement, Kings Island Camp Cedar will be managed by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, owner of the Kings Island amusement park. Cleveland Construction serves as the general contractor, McHarris Architects as the project architect and The Kleingers Group as the project’s civil engineer.

“It’s natural for us to partner with Cedar Fair, the owners of Kings Island,” said Jon Small, Chairman and CEO of Small Brothers. “As a top destination in the area, their ability to entertain and provide a place to create lasting memories is exactly the type of experience we want our visitors to have at Kings Island Camp Cedar.”

The new luxury outdoor resort is located on more than 50 acres of land less than a mile from Kings Island’s front gates. Once complete, it will complement Warren County’s exciting tourism attractions including Kings Island, the Western & Southern Open, Warren County Sports Park and other popular southwest Ohio destinations.

“We are excited to offer our guests a unique lodging experience and a contemporary outdoor retreat so close to Kings Island,” said Mike Koontz, Vice President and General manager of Kings Island. “The addition of Kings Island Camp Cedar luxury outdoor resort will make a visit to our park even more memorable.”

The Kings Island Camp Cedar Experience
Kings Island Camp Cedar is a hybrid resort and camping destination that will open in spring, 2021 with 73 beautifully appointed cottages and 164 full-service RV spaces, with 100 additional cottages planned. Resort guests will be able to take advantage of outdoor entertainment including recreational and adult exclusive pools, ponds, walking trail and unique dining options. Plus, they will find camping must-haves including bathhouses, laundry facility, firepits, grills and picnic tables. For those visiting Kings Island, there will be a number of exclusive resort perks like Stay and Play packages.

Kings Island Camp Cedar

Guests will be able to enjoy state-of-the-art resort experiences including:
• The Grand Lodge will include a signature indoor/outdoor restaurant and bar, shopping, exercise facility and expansive fireplace.
• An outdoor cantina will offer a casual outdoor dining and bar experience offering American, Mexican and Italian fare in a grab-and-go food truck-inspired experience.
• Outdoor pools will include a family activity pool with water play features and a separate adult-exclusive pool. Both will offer poolside service and cabana facilities.
• Peanuts character appearances such as Character Breakfasts, Smores with Snoopy and more.

For more information about Kings Island Camp Cedar go to visitcampcedar.com.

About Small Brothers
Small Brothers, LLC is a privately owned real estate development and holding company. Small Brothers, LLC seeks to acquire, develop, and invest in income-oriented real estate assets throughout the United States. The company’s current portfolio includes various income producing properties of all types including; hospitality, office, assisted living, mixed-use, industrial, warehouse, flex and residential properties. For more information, go to http://www.smallbrothers.com/
About Terra Firma Associates
Terra Firma Associates is a Cincinnati real estate development company founded in 1999 by Richard Haglage and Craig Kolb. They have been responsible for the development of over three million square feet of Greater Cincinnati area projects involving all aspects of commercial real estate. For more information, go to terrafirmaassociates.net

Kings Island Camp Cedar Aerial Rendering.jpg

• Like 7

Kings Island Camp Cedar is owned by Small Brothers, LLC and Terra Firma Associates. Through a unique partnership and licensing agreement, Kings Island Camp Cedar will be managed by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, owner of the Kings Island amusement park

Very interesting about ownership, licensing and management of that property.  I am sure that will help Cedar Fair with some out of park revenue opportunities without having to front the capital costs of developing the property.  I wonder if long term plans for the property include trying to buy out the developers/original owners.

• Like 1

Tbh I'm not surprised Cedar Fair took action to be a part of this project. Mainly due to how well it'll benefit the park so I think having some sort of ownership in the facility will help CF long term and may lead to more big investments. This should also help the revenue boost up to help recover from the pandemic losses. 

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Yes, here is an areal pic.

Drone Pic.jpg

Well this won't be the only campground near a Cedar Fair park that will be right across from a McDonald's. The campground I stayed at in Sandusky was right across the street from McDonald's lol. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Cedar Fair will own it within 5 years.

Calling it now.

It does look like something Cedar Fair would be interested in owning 100%.  So they can in turn receive 100% of the profits.  I wonder how their management contract is set up.  We likely will never know, but I wonder if they get a percentage of profits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

It does look like something Cedar Fair would be interested in owning 100%.  So they can in turn receive 100% of the profits.  I wonder how their management contract is set up.  We likely will never know, but I wonder if they get a percentage of profits.

I’m sure they wouldn’t manage it and have their name on it if they weren’t getting money out of the deal. I’d imagine they get a nice chunk of the profits.

• Like 2

This is good news for KI,  congratulations to KI and  Small Brothers, LLC and Terra Firma Associates,  this looks wonderful!

I wonder how long CF is going to let the old Kings Island Inn property sit there and be empty?  I'm sure they could buy it, to make some more revenue for the park,  or go into a deal with someone like this project.  

• Like 1

I'll be curious the pricing points of the sites. I was hoping it would be a reasonable nice campground but luxury says$$$$ we're not far but camping across the street for 40-50$  Would be a nice way to enjoy the park with back and forth privileges.  But if it's like cp at 120$and up that's too much for a parking spot.

I agree with that....although what I have heard from what Chad Showalter mentioned on News 5 that Kings Island guests along with Kings Island Gold Pass Members (this includes me as I am about to become 4th year Gold Pass Member) and Cedar Fair Platinum Pass Members will be getting expanded special perks as part of the new deal with both Kings Island and the new Kings Island Camp Cedar.... At least it's better than nothing.  Yes, that fact.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, David Ellis said:

I agree with that....although what I have heard from what Chad Showalter mentioned on News 5 that Kings Island guests along with Kings Island Gold Pass Members (this includes me as I am about to become 4th year Gold Pass Member) and Cedar Fair Platinum Pass Members will be getting expanded special perks as part of the new deal with both Kings Island and the new Kings Island Camp Cedar.... At least it's better than nothing.  Yes, that fact.

That will be nice! Gold pass here as well. It's one thing for camping that's far away but we're local enough to drive daily. But if it's reasonable would be convenient to be just a short drive or shuttle away would be nice occasionally. Plus I'm sure you could see the fireworks what wouldn't be nicer than some s'mores and fireworks :)  

12 hours ago, rollininhot said:

Well that looks hot! Like literally...why take out every possible tree to build a campground. #smh

Will be a nice lodging option though, excited to see it coming to fruition. 

it looks absolutely dreadful. That was a full forest of trees and they removed all of them. The location behind fast food restaurants is equally as awful. Why not just park in the Walmart parking lot? This cannot be advertised as a luxury resort when it is nothing but a glorified parking lot.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, super7 said:

it looks absolutely dreadful. That was a full forest of trees and they removed all of them. The location behind fast food restaurants is equally as awful. Why not just park in the Walmart parking lot? This cannot be advertised as a luxury resort when it is nothing but a glorified parking lot.

I guess that depends on what you mean by "forest."  The times I was at one of the fast food places, I saw nothing but Japansese Honeysuckle (considered a noxious weed), some dead ash trees (from the emerald ash borer) and osage orange and water maples.  The last two are not desirable tree species.  Of course this was just visible from the parking lots, I have no idea how much old growth forest was back there.  

While I agree that being surrounded on the front side by fast food and a warehouse is unfortunate, there is an opportunity to take a neglected property and enhance it and turn it into an asset.  I would think this is something you can appreciate with your emphasis on design and attention to detail in previous posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, super7 said:

It takes a lot of bulldozing and grading to build something like this, the original KI campground was pretty light on trees at first too, and for that matter so was the developed part of the park itself. Give it some time to grow back in.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DiamondbackFan said:

At first, I thought this guy had some sort of beef with the park because all of his videos and articles begin with "Don't Wa$te Your Money".  It comes across weird.

Ikr. It seems WCPO has been having him do all the Kings Island news reporting lately. Probably because of how much attention he got when he did his story on the SOB rumors (before KMAA was announced). He then has done almost every Kings Island related story since. People who were on here during the Orion decoding thread connect me with John because I started sending him stuff through Facebook messenger and some people on here still clown me around on that.

• Like 1