Kings Island Camp Cedar to Open Spring 2021

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Just speculating here, but you are probably correct.

That's all we can do without access to demand and pricing data.  :)

I will say that I see and know of plenty of people with RVs and campers, but few people ever even talk about tent camping.  Anecdotal, yes, so take it for what it's worth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, teenageninja said:

It was pretty well grown in, prior to them bulldozing all of it.  They installed a second entrance/exit off of Columbia road in the past few weeks as well.

I would love to have one of those spots right next to the McDonald's Truck Parking Lot.  I've heard that is a common overnight stay area for some local lot lizards.

image.png

It's a little deceiving, since the drone footage is from leaf-off conditions.  Looks like the majority of clearing took place on the south portions of the lot and the wooded area towards the back was partially kept.  The growth on the south site was probably all noxius, honeysuckle, cedars and briars (similar to any highway right of way).  image.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kings Island said reservations would open up in January 2021 for Camp Cedar which has now come and gone. Also, Kings Island has provided no updates at all for Camp Cedar since the project was first announced. I wonder why there has been such silence regarding the project, and I wonder when reservations will actually be available. I hope there haven’t been any setbacks in the construction and opening of the campground.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Cedar Point charges around that much

For the cottages, same summer night I checked, Cedar Point charges about twice as much..  A bit under $400 for 2 nights at KICC, vs. $800.80 for 2 nights at CP's Lighthouse Point (cheapest unit at each). *

Don't forget the $9.99/night resort fee!

Also, passholders should not forget to use Promotional code PASS for 10% off with a Kings Island Season Pass or a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass!

* Lighthouse Point's smallest unit sleeps 6, vs. Camp Cedar's only sleeps 4.  Hard to get a good comparison since Camp Cedar then jumps to 8.  As always, be sure to comparison shop the different lodging options you're interested in at the occupancy level your party requires.

11 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

@jsus I was referring to the actual campsites for rvs being close to $109

I got that but wanted to share another price comparison between the two resorts. :)

To your point, for a random Thursday in July, CP LHP is $124.00 with no resort fee, while KI CC is $118.99 including $9.99 resort fee.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 3:08 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Cedar Point charges around that much

and  i don't camp at Cedar Point for that reason. Last time i went to CP we camped at a place iirc like 20 mins around from the bridgeway to cp. but that was 20 years ago and anything on site is too rich for me.   Just like i probably never will at KI. Also Disney Camprground is only 120 cheap season 170 prime _Most expensive camping slab i've been to but that price is expected its disney not a regular amusement park.  i don't think this resort even compares to cost as much as they want.  I can camp at an amazing KOA near dollywood for less than 109 a night and it has just as nice amenities.  I bet they find out once the Newness wears off they wont find that price sustainable to fill it. then the deals will emerge.  they should of had a low rent pad section for those of us just wishing to camp instead of drive back and forth each day- its too rich for me to negate a 30/45 min drive instead.   But since camper sales are through the roof right now maybe theres more people with disposable income than i know.  

• 2 weeks later...

Take an exclusive up-close look into the all-new Kings Island Camp Cedar via the Kings Island Blog during a construction hard hat tour that took place Thursday. You'll get to learn a bit more about what the final product will look like when guests stay at this state-of-the-art luxury outdoor resort.

BLOG: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/april/take-an-exclusive-look-into-kings-island-camp-cedar

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Inquiring minds want to know are the reservations required for Soak City more to do with making sure KI can staff Camp Cedar under their contract to manage the operations and nothing to do with covid....

If they limit the number of guests in Soak City, they can better manage the number of employees needed in Soak City and provide staff to the Camp... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Inquiring minds want to know are the reservations required for Soak City more to do with making sure KI can staff Camp Cedar under their contract to manage the operations and nothing to do with covid....

If they limit the number of guests in Soak City, they can better manage the number of employees needed in Soak City and provide staff to the Camp... 

I didn't ask...about Covid...Soak City...a contract to manage Camp Cedar...or if Soak City employees...would Staff...Camp Cedar.  ;)

But you did say it should be a positive beacon...and it isn't a positive beacon if they don't have staff and the $15/hr rate isn't resulting in an abundance of employees...and lack of staff could be why not much is heard about that spot either and what if that is delayed as a result...or the PR department is responsible for promoting that place :P

d....i....s...c..o...2....0....0..0...0 ;)

• Haha 1

It should....be a positive....beacon in these dark...hours. Yet nothing....is being....communicated.

Maybe you....should start discussing it....if you discuss Camp Cedar.....in at least half of your posts....it would be discussed at least 800 times in ....a day!  (sorry, just giving you grief, friend).

b...e....a....s....t...f...a...r...m...e...r...

• Haha 1

Due to staffing levels, Camp Cedar reservations can only be made for days that begin with C or have a C in them:P 

But an exception will be made on the days Kings Island is open past 8pm, subject to change up to one minute before your check-in time if we don't have staff regardless of the real reason;)

And if the night crew doesn't show, we will force you out on the street at 2am;)

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that Camp Cedar opening has been postponed until late June, as folks are posting on social media that their reservations for earlier on in the month have been cancelled.

They do have an office staffed--I called today and asked if non resort guests could eat at the resort.  There are no plans for this.  I hope that changes once the labor issues ease.  It sounds like they are going to have some good food.

41 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Seems that Camp Cedar opening has been postponed until late June, as folks are posting on social media that their reservations for earlier on in the month have been cancelled.

They do have an office staffed--I called today and asked if non resort guests could eat at the resort.  There are no plans for this.  I hope that changes once the labor issues ease.  It sounds like they are going to have some good food.

Aren't we shocked.

Did you ask if the food is on the meal plan once you can go over :P