Kings Island Camp Cedar to Open Spring 2021

5 hours ago, PatchesC said:

Great to know about the fireworks. I don't mind minor issues, that's just the way things go with anything new. It's pretty much a test visit to see if we want to stay they for daughters 13th birthday in September. 

The one I'm kinda wondering about is if the transportation to the park is operating. I've never been able to drink at the park cause I'm the driver, so kinda looking forward to a cocktail lol

It should be operating I believe, they have 2 that shuttle between KI and CC

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Interesting...but I know some places do this as part of a lower rate option?  Maybe you got a promo rate and that was a condition?

I got the passholder rate, confirmation says balance due on arrival. Nothing on their website stating funds taken days before checkin. The letter states to speed up checkin, but don't see how that is any different than doing day of. It's not like they have charging privileges for guests like Disney or Uni, or even additional deposits. 

No big issue personally, but if someone is waiting on a paycheck, that could put them in a bad spot. Their cancelation policy is less than 72hrs: lose deposit. If I were to in theory cancel Thursday, I would be waiting on a refund for the balance they have prematurely taken, vs just losing deposit. 

• Like 1

So preliminary things to note with a Hickory cabin so people can plan ahead. Shower is 6'6" floor to ceiling, I didn't notice until I realized how easy I can reach the shower head. If you're tall chances are you'll be sitting on the bench to get water on you. 

432 does NOT currently have blinds at the bunk beds. Some cabins around us do though. Having only 3 of us, daughter chose the loft. None of the lofts have blinds. We took the fitted sheets from the bunk beds and was able to drape them over the windows for privacy. A fitted crib sheet would cover them well if you have a large group. Bedroom, the side away from the door you've got about 20" between the bed and wall. The upper window above also has no cover, lofts in the cabin next to you can see in. I'll say the privacy thing is a bit annoying personally. 

If you plan to use the sofa bed there is very little room to walk between it and the kitchen island, maybe a foot. So put whoever is going to wake up first there lol.

Kitchen has pots and skillets, but no pans for the oven. Considering they sell biscuits in the shop, a bit surprising.

The is is not flat, and depending on your cabin you may have a steep slope vs flat land to play on.

The booking page says there is an electric fireplace, there isn't. Maybe they plan to put them in during colder months?

Shuttle to the park is decent and A/C who doesn't enjoy that. They run until 10:30pm. The driver said there are two of them running consistently. If one pulls off, the other with be by in less than 10 minutes. 

Ironwood Grill breakfast this morning started at 8am and ran until 10am. Decent prices and serving sizes. Hashbrown casserole is a favorite, servers are friendly and food maybe took 10 minutes.

The pool is deceptively larger than I expected from pictures I'd seen. Decent amount of chairs, pool towels are provided as well. 

When I get home tomorrow or Monday I'll get pictures uploaded and notes about other sites around us. We are beside the interstate, if you're a light sleeper, you'll want background noise. 

• Like 4

Here's a few pictures of Hickory, we rigged some sheets to cover windows. Also folded the sofa bed out to give you a better idea how much room there is. Interior cabin width is 11ft (yes I took a tape measure lol)20210724_124424.jpg

I like that you can use some of the space under the ladder for storage. There is also a small cubby above the fridge, and under the bathroom sink is open as well. The bathroom cabinet is all the linens, no room for storage there. 

The bedroom has 2 small closets, there were no hangers in ours though. Used a suitcase as a bedside table. 

Honestly if I had to put up with 8 people in this cabin for multiple days, I'd probably be spending as little time in it as possible because it does seem to be a bit tight. 

I plan to book an Aspen for Haunt when they release dates. The kitchen layout may make it feel less cramped.

20210724_101850.jpg

20210724_102123.jpg

20210724_122511.jpg

20210724_124452.jpg

20210724_120404.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The pool is wider than it appears from this angle 20210724_094904.jpg20210724_094814.jpg

Saturday they gave out Popsicles for the fireworks. Not a bad view if you want to get kids to bed afterwards.20210724_220305.jpg

Funniest item for sale at the shop, only $119 lol20210724_093203.jpg

I'll post pics about the sites around us later. Back to work boooo

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

What I can remember about the other sites. This is the further most site still under construction. It's shown as Wood Sorrel Way on the site map. 20210724_095258.jpg

These are the cabins behind next to one lake, 510 is closest to the road. Not much yard space.20210724_095842.jpg

Cabins 440, 442, & 444 seem to have good size and almost flat yards if you want to have games. 

20210724_100233.jpg

Other parts I wasn't able to take pictures of: Cottages 426-428 have shaded firepits, but not a large yard if thay what your looking for. 

433 & 434 have a steep slope starting at their patio/picnic table (if you like to get pretty tipsy maybe avoid or you'll have a fun roll down the hill)

The RV sites don't seem to have much lawn but of course are flat. Best chances for space would be on the corner lots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We stayed in a Hickory cabin this time. It's a good 2ft wider than the Aspen and given the kitchen isn't U shaped it seems more spacious in the living area. Even with the sofa pulled out, it's easy to walk around. The bedroom is smaller with less closet space, and have to turn sideways to walk beside the bed. But there are multiple closets in the Hickory vs the couple in Aspen. Bathroom also isn't as cramped, easier to change in, and has storage for toiletries. Between the 2 cabins if we had a large family the Hickory would be more functional as long as 4 kids didn't mind sharing the loft. 

The pool was still open if you wanted to take a polar plunge. And Fall activities we also posted.

Also took time to walk around and noticed the lack of blinds in the loft and beside the bunk bed has been resolved, and could see many other cabins had them installed as well. 

Wood Sorel Way continues to have some work done, seems to be slow going. 

Hemlock area has blacktop, picnic tables, and grills. 

20210924_194537.jpg

20210925_093836.jpg

20210926_095548.jpg

20210926_095558.jpg

20210926_095653.jpg

20210926_095711.jpg

20210926_100407.jpg

• Like 4