What area in Kings Island needs the most care right now?

Dj325

What area in Kings Island needs the most attention right now?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kings Island has a few areas that I think don't need any updates and are fine the way they are right now. But there are unfortunately some areas in the park that I think having been getting the love and attention it deserves. What areas in the park do you think need the love and attention that you think they haven't been getting? You may also include why, if you want to.

Action Zone and Oktoberfest both need a lot of attention in their own ways, for Action Zone they just need a cohesive theme they partially did this in 2014 with Banshee and renaming flight deck to The Bat, and with Oktoberfest they just need to add some more attractions and restore the biergarten to its former glory 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Sixflags82 said:

Action Zone and Oktoberfest both need a lot of attention in their own ways, for Action Zone they just need a cohesive theme they partially did this in 2014 with Banshee and renaming flight deck to The Bat, and with Oktoberfest they just need to add some more attractions and restore the biergarten to its former glory 

Would love it if they just abandoned the "Action Zone" facade and made the whole area Oktoberfest. Refresh AE with some new theming and lights + all the other non-Bavarian rides with "German" names. 

• Like 5

Maybe they could "retheme" Action Zone to X-Base. They could have it be connected the storyline/backstory from the new Area 72 where Orion and Flight of Fear are located, since Invertigo is in Action Zone and is a part of Orion's backstory. Like Invertigo is the "study of balance", Banshee could be the "study of paranormal activity". But for Octoberfest, I've got nothing nothing yet.

I voted Action Zone which I believe needs a complete overhaul. I think Oktoberfest is fine, but it would be nice if they added more flats and renovated the Biergarten. I think Coney Mall and Rivertown are fine, but I think Planet Snoopy is starting to show its age. I think the next area revamp will probably be a transformation of Planet Snoopy into Camp Snoopy.

If we are talking smaller sections of the park, however, I think the walkway behind the Eiffel Tower needs a lot of love. Right now it is just cracked pavement with no trees. It would be nice if they added pavers back there and maybe added in a permanent large ivy tunnel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If we are talking smaller sections of the park, however, I think the walkway behind the Eiffel Tower needs a lot of love. Right now it is just cracked pavement with no trees. It would be nice if they added pavers back there and maybe added in a permanent large ivy tunnel.

An ivy archway would be nice right there.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

An ivy archway would be nice right there.

If they ever were to add back an ivy tunnel, I feel like that would be the best place for it. I don’t think one would work between Planet Snoopy and Rivertown like there used to be, but I could see one leading into Rivertown from that walkway behind the Eiffel Tower. They also already put up a temporary light tunnel there during Winterfest if I recall correctly, so why not install a permanent one?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Action Zone has fallen way from it's former glory. I would love to see a retheme/overhaul like they did with X-Base.

I think AZ looks fine, but to somehow bring all the rides together under one theme would be nice.

Assuming Banshee and The Bat names would stay, Whar would everyone rename CF, DT, Delirium and Invertigo?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I think AZ looks fine, but to somehow bring all the rides together under one theme would be nice.

Assuming Banshee and The Bat names would stay, Whar would everyone rename CF, DT, Delirium and Invertigo?

Yeah, you raise a good point. Right now AZ is kind of all over the place when we are looking at theme, but I still think it could use some touch-ups here and there. Plus, I loved the design they used to have on the pavement too, and something like that would look nice. Although they did add a seating area in that spot, so maybe it could go someplace around Drop Tower? Idk, just thought I'd mention it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Yeah, you raise a good point. Right now AZ is kind of all over the place when we are looking at theme, but I still think it could use some touch-ups here and there. Plus, I loved the design they used to have on the pavement too, and something like that would look nice. Although they did add a seating area in that spot, so maybe it could go someplace around Drop Tower? Idk, just thought I'd mention it.

I personally find the current non-themed Action Zone appearance to be better than the old Paramount Action Zone even when it first opened. I feel like the old theming like the pavement in the center, the signage, and the colors used on the rides was a little tacky. I actually think Cedar Fair’s additions of the seating area, Banshee, and repainted rides have gone a long way. However, I think there are still parts of Action Zone like the area by Xtreme Skyflyer and The Bat that would benefit from a little bit of TLC.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I think the next area revamp will probably be a transformation of Planet Snoopy into Camp Snoopy.

That would be a GREAT IDEA!!

15 hours ago, Kodistict said:

like they did with X-Base.

Here's something that I said earlier that might interest you:

"Maybe they could "retheme" Action Zone to X-Base. They could have it be connected the storyline/backstory from the new Area 72 where Orion and Flight of Fear are located, since Invertigo is in Action Zone and is a part of Orion's backstory. Like Invertigo is the "study of balance", Banshee could be the "study of paranormal activity". But for Octoberfest, I've got nothing nothing yet."

• Like 2

Banshee was built relatively recently and was not themed to "Action Zone" at all, so I always thought they were thinking long-term about retheming that entire area. The Bat and Banshee right next to each other have led people on previous threads to talk about it being a fully haunted area, which would be strange, but unique and at least cohesive? And I love the prospect of a relocated Phantom Theater. It's such a hodge-podge of themes now that I'm not really sure what the plan is. I used to joke that the theme of that area is "concrete" because it's just one big hot concrete slab. Such a shame adventure village was abandoned because that would be such an easy theme to expand upon.

Kiddie land needs some love, but as someone with two kids, I can safely say that Snoopy is not cutting it haha! Didn't realize how good we had it with Hanna Barberra and then Nickelodeon! I wish CF owned some better IP, but since they don't, what if they developed their own narratives and characters? They're kind of dabbling with that idea in the grownup areas like with MT and Area72. Phantom Theater was a great example of all-original characters that became extremely recognizable and, if it had been kept, could have had the sort of icon-status that haunted mansion now has. I think there's a big opportunity there, though it would take a lot of dedicated creative vision. Unique storylines with recognizable characters would differentiate this park from every other regional park that just slaps some recognizable IP on the entrance of a ride and calls it a day. I'm sure it would require different ownership, but CF has let KI play around a little bit, so maybe there's a chance!

• Like 2

On 12/14/2020 at 6:46 PM, PKIDelirium said:

Action Zone and Oktoberfest are conveniently adjacent neglected areas. I'm staying with my previously posted opinion to merge AZ into Oktoberfest, and Bat/Banshee could be the Black Forest part of it. Then you'd have a good-sized, proper Oktoberfest like Busch Williamsburg.

This is what I would do with it as well. Feel like a Black Forest/dark forest goes well with Bat and Banshee as well. A simple re-theme for the other rides would be good and plant a bunch of trees to give more of a forest vibe. I would add an ivy tunnel between the two to bring it back and help with the transition between the two areas. I would also spruce up Oktoberfest as well. Move or remove Slingshot to open space for a small flat (Der Spinning Keggers or a Skywarp ride for a modern Bayern Kurve) and retheme Adventure Express to the Black Forest.

I would take out Invertigo and Congo Falls and Timberwolf if possible. A new RMC and a Mack water coaster would be my main additions, and another flat ride around SoB's old station to give something else on the long path back to The Bat. Probably do a new style Enterprise or a Top Scan themed to a windmill.

Last addition would be more for Coney Mall but add a Skyride that has a station in Oktoberfest with the ladder game space utilized for a queue and the station above the marketplace there.  Hank's and Marketplace would get a Bavarian exterior to match.

15 hours ago, DiamondbackFan said:

I voted for Action Zone.  I think they could replace Invertigo and Congo Falls with a Mack PowerSplash and then retheme/update the rest of the area.

I always thought this would be a great addition. Would keep a fun thrilling coaster experience along with the water ride. Plus something like Poseidon or Storm Force would be fun and easy to add some simple but effective theming to whatever theme they wanted to do for Action Zone