What is the future for the Action Theater?

Dj325

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, the Action Theater is located in between the two turn-around points on The Racer near WindSeeker. It used to be a simulator attraction. Now it's only used during the park's Halloween Haunt event as a place for a haunted maze attraction called Urgent Scare. I think it deserves a little more than this. What do you think the park use the "building" for other than a location for one of the haunted mazes during their Halloween Haunt event. Of course, be respectful of other people's opinions.

1 hour ago, Sixflags82 said:

I think that it would be cool if they used it for a new coaster station and make the layout of it go into The Vortex plot of land 

That could actually work!

1 hour ago, westcoaster said:

Futur Dark ride 

Possibly:o.

14 minutes ago, goettablitz said:

We have the old Crypt building that is in plain sight and they do not seem too concerned about that one.

I really hope that they do something about it soon, imagine the views you would get of Diamondback from the entrance to The Beast without that big ugly warehouse in the way

Paramount put the Action Theater in a bad location. You wouldn't even know it existed if you weren't a regular park goer. When it was open you'd have to walk to the back corner of the park to ride it. Its for this reason why I don't believe its returned yet. If it was in a location that saw heavy foot traffic I could see the need to bring it back; but it's not.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Paramount put the Action Theater in a bad location. You wouldn't even know it existed if you weren't a regular park goer. When it was open you'd have to walk to the back corner of the park to ride it. Its for this reason why I don't believe its returned yet. If it was in a location that saw heavy foot traffic I could see the need to bring it back; but it's not.

I agree it really was put in a bad location in the park when it was still open, many people didn't even know it was there. They really should have built it in the front of the park, possibly in Action Zone, which would fit the theming perfectly. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

^ I know Kings Island uses the Action theater for the haunts usually, but would they ever consider using it as a new indoor ride? I'm not sure what kind of interactive ride you could put in there now in days because they gutted the old stuff from the 90s and early 00s. I guess my question is would it be more cost effective to just rebuild the whole a new building If they were to put in a new interactive ride?

Right now AT is mostly storage. One side is storage for a few departments and the other side houses Urgent Scare. I don’t really see them doing anything with that area for the next 10 years, there’s other spots to build and the building is being used. The most I could see is a new haunt maze, Urgent Scare is quite old at this point, and with coronavirus, I could see it not making a return.

I couldn’t see them turning it into a theater again unless it’s torn down and rebuilt with new, more modern technology. The equipment is quite old and probably not worth starting up again as a “new” attraction, and that doesn’t take into account that motion theaters are largely a thing of the past by now.

If they do anything new with the area, I’d like to see them tear it down and use the land to build a new attraction, maybe some flats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1