KI's locker situation

Dj325

I don't know if you've noticed, but there are some rides at KI that have PAID lockers (Banshee, Mystic Timbers, and Orion) while other rides in the park don't. Those that don't have bins that are either located in or near the ride's station. To me, this is very strange and I want to have idea for "why" KI does this. See if you can give a good and reasonable explanation why this is happening.

Yeah i think the last major coaster in the chain that has traditional full bins is Leviathan. Maybe HangTime also but i can't remember. Yukon has the fun new moving bin system but its complicated. Other than this year obviously i ride Leviathan a lot. You can really tell the dispatch difference between it and Fury/Orion. With the simplicity of the clamshell KI was flying with Orion dispatches like Fury does. On Leviathan, my wife and I noticed a few years ago how everyone at Wonderland seems to always have loose articles so most of the train crosses over to use the bins. Slows it down for sure. The Yukon moving bins were interesting, rode it i think 8 times last year but they aren't simple. Also even with emptying your souvenir cups a guy from our train the one time was angry when he grabbed his drawstring bag that it got wet. 

59 minutes ago, robintodd said:

Cedar Point has a locker system that allows you to use any locker once paid.  You can use lockers at one coaster and then at another coaster.  Not sure of the particulars but would be worth it if you could pay once and use multiple lockers (one at a time).  

Cedar Point also charges more for that perk. Last I checked you had to pay for the whole day and not pay the dollar an hour rate that park and King's Island have. So I always end of leaving my stuff with Steven...

Lockers benefit guests and the park at the same time, though they provide more benefit to the park. As a guest, you experience shorter load times. The park gets passive income. The reason some rides don’t have the lockers is because they were built before they started using them instead of storage bins.