Will Orion always be the tallest coaster at Kings Island?

Sixflags82

Yeah probably. I don't think the park will build a coaster taller than the Eiffel Tower. Plus even if they were to build taller, most options would be pretty irrelevant and wouldn't make sense. An xcelerator would be exciting, but would be a maintenance nightmare like dragster and xcelerator at Knott's. A second b&m giga would be irrelevant since we literally have a b&m giga and the GP would think it is way too similar to Orion (more than Orion is to Diamondback). 

• Like 1

Unless a new model comes out I don't see what KI could get. A giga dive is still years out. The only other type of coaster that would be semi-realistic would be something like Red Force but with TDD being in the same state that would make no sense. 

IMO once a park adds a coaster that breaks the 300ft mark... that's it. I don't see Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland, or Kings Island getting coasters taller than their respective gigas.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah probably. I don't think the park will build a coaster taller than the Eiffel Tower. Plus even if they were to build taller, most options would be pretty irrelevant and wouldn't make sense. An xcelerator would be exciting, but would be a maintenance nightmare like dragster and xcelerator at Knott's. A second b&m giga would be irrelevant since we literally have a b&m giga and the GP would think it is way too similar to Orion (more than Orion is to Diamondback). 

I honestly don't understand this idea people have here that Kings Island is really concerned about making sure no coaster is taller than the Eiffel Tower. I honestly think that had absolutely 0 to do with how tall Orion is. If it had been in the budget, they probably would have gone ahead and made it a little taller. Don't get me wrong, I understand the logic I just think it's wrong. Yeah the Eiffel Tower is an important landmark there, but I HIGHLY doubt they feel it's important that they limit themselves on what kinds of attractions they should build based on this thing they built in 1972. If they came to the conclusion, for example, that building a TTD clone at KI would bring tons of people to the park for some reason, I don't think the height of the Eiffel Tower would come into play in that decision at all really.

However I agree that they probably won't be building anything taller than Orion anytime soon. I'm having a hard time even thinking what the point would be. If you're looking for really tall coasters with big drops, they kind of have that covered already. Personally I think they'll be looking for a different kind of experience for the next few coaster additions.

• Like 7

I fully agree with you on that. I don't think taller will be the next coaster addition or in the next few. Experiences are getting different all the time. Could be a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster that goes into Vortex's old spot. Could also be several other options that they can go with...dive, wing, or multi-launch, etc. It will be interesting to see what comes next.