How many times have you ridden Orion?

Orion13

Orion opened in July this year and I went to the First Rider Auction Night that was on July 1st. I was able to ride Orion 10 times that night. I rode it 3 more times throughout the rest of the year. I would like to know how many times you guys have ridden it and how many times you think you guys are going to ride it by the end of 2021.

• Like 1

I've ridden 86 times. I've ridden in pretty much every row and in multiple different times of day and weather conditions. Imo night time is the best to ride as well as right after a downpour when the track is wet. It's a toss up between front or back, but right now I'm leaning towards back row since I love getting whipped through the elements. 

• Like 1

I rode it 5 times during the first riders auction. Could've ridden it more but I took a break to get some coney bbq. I only visited the park one more time after that and didn't ride Orion. It feels weird that I only visited the park two times this season, I visited 32 times last season.

As someone who delights in accruing unconventionally high ride counts, I took Orion's 300-foot plunge 219 times. I don't have all-season Fast Lane, for those of you who may be wondering, though every once in a while I buy it if I have friends visiting and getting it too.

60 of those times were in the same day, as I did a day-long marathon on August 10 to pay homage to my previous day-long marathon on Vortex on August 9, 2019.

Dare I say it, but Orion could be the first ride to match my Vortex ride count (1221 1/3), if my 334-ride WindSeeker count doesn't get there first!

• Like 6

I have only gotten one (1) ride on Orion in 2020 with sweet @VortexBFForever, I am unsure how many rides I will get in 2021 due to living in Nashville Tennessee or going to college at Murray State University (Go racers), but I hope to get more than just one ride in 2021. I don’t want to start a debate about COVID-19 here, but I have parents in the dangerous age range for the virus, and I want to keep them safe. I am forever thankful they let me go to Kings Island even just once in 2020, I am forever thankful for this awesome community, and keep up the awesome work y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I will admit  I do have the all season Fast Lane so I ended up with 277 total rides on Orion this year. I had 19 visits this year including the First rider event. Had I not missed 2 visits late in the year I would have hit my goal of 300 , I did do 38 in one day. I did have the pleasure to riding with someone on Aug 10 when she was doing her marathon run of 60. Let see goal for next years total I haven't really decided but I would be shocked if I don't get to the 1000 mark as long as I get in 50 visits in 2021. I have been coming down for a long time but it was back in 2012 when I moved to the area and got a platinum pass that my visits really increased. I wish I would have lived this close sooner but I will just have to make up for lost time.

• Like 3

Haven't been active on the forum much since early september but I've had a lot going on recently. I did manage to go a lot after that and really tried to focus my rides on Orion. I managed to get 307 rides in with the last ride being Sat Oct 31. I did go to Cedar Point on the 1st, but unfortunately didn't ride any coasters as everything but corkscrew was closed due to the wind lol

• Like 1

Before the pandemic hit I bought a heavily discounted ticket during the President's Day Sale and a Fast Lane.  I rode this ride 3 times.  My only regret was I never spent anytime in line so I didn't get to see much of the "hangar" or whatever you'd call it before you go up the steps.  Because you're moving so quickly in the Fast Lane and you don't want to hold up those behind you.

Typically a ride doesn't scare me.  I don't have a fear of heights.  I have a fear of what I call unsecured heights.  My first ride was in the front row.  That first view from top gave me a momentary "oh ****" feeling.  After that I was good.  Absolutely thrilling ride.  Dunno why it did that to me.  I've been on Top Thrill Dragster and other taller coasters.

Edited by BruceWayneWins
add info rather than reply spamming.
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Ok guys with the new season here I have piled on some rides on Orion already. I ended last season at 277 but i now stand at 357, I have a bet with a friend on whether I can hit 1000 total by the end of June. After that I will take a break from ride count chasing and just enjoy the park. I have only missed one operating day so far this season but I am out of town on vacation from June 7th to the 13th which makes that 1000 total a bit tough but hey if anyone wants to tag along I am always looking for ride buddies. See ya all at the park

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Well since the year is almost over and each visit this season makes a new personal high for me 90 visits after 6 Winterfest visits. I finished this season with 1245 rides on Orion making my 2 year total 1522, this year I had nearly 1800 total rides on rollercoasters and added 24 new credits to my total bringing me to 150 different coasters ridden. I attempted to hit 100 rides on Orion twice this past season failing each time mostly due to issues with the ride but did hit a high of 69 rides in one trip. You can usually find me at the park hanging out with fellow passholder Jeff Hellman. If anyone else out there is over 1000 rides or getting close come find me, even if you are not say hi I love meeting fellow coaster lovers.  I am going to try and get in 50 new credits next year to hit the 200 mark but only time will tell. See ya all at the park

• Like 4

Well since the year is almost over and each visit this season makes a new personal high for me 90 visits after 6 Winterfest visits. I finished this season with 1245 rides on Orion making my 2 year total 1522, this year I had nearly 1800 total rides on rollercoasters and added 24 new credits to my total bringing me to 150 different coasters ridden. I attempted to hit 100 rides on Orion twice this past season failing each time mostly due to issues with the ride but did hit a high of 69 rides in one trip. You can usually find me at the park hanging out with fellow passholder Jeff Hellman. If anyone else out there is over 1000 rides or getting close come find me, even if you are not say hi I love meeting fellow coaster lovers.  I am going to try and get in 50 new credits next year to hit the 200 mark but only time will tell. See ya all at the park

My family got 6 flags memberships this summer and hit the following in one week, gaining 44 new credits in the process.

America
Great adventure
New England
Great escape
Darian lake

What’s your plan for hitting 50 next year?

On 12/22/2021 at 12:01 AM, chuck norris said:

Really depends on work, but I am going to go west out to Silver Dollar City for sure hitting Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World on  the way, a trip to PA would help the counts as well, if covid numbers drop enough I will hit California for sure which would make it easy to get the 50 in.  I plan on hitting Canada's Wonderland in 2023, but I am thinking I might need to get a Six Flags membership too because Texas has a lot of coaster credits and would make for a great vacation in the fall of 2022. As you can see I don't really have a plan yet in place but I have only scheduled 1 of my vacations so far .

My family got 6 flags memberships this summer and hit the following in one week, gaining 44 new credits in the process.

America
Great adventure
New England
Great escape
Darian lake

What’s your plan for hitting 50 next year?

On 12/21/2021 at 5:43 PM, Vince Overfield said:

That is amazing; Congratulations! :DThe most I've gotten in one trip is like 3-4 rides. I think I've ridden Orion 12 times total (as in, ever - this season was my first year riding it as I didn't go last year)

• Like 2