A new section for PKIC

Greetings y'all,

I had an idea about a section for PKI-related topics. When I say PKI-related, I mean links to video games and movies related to PKI attractions. There are several video games starring Lara Croft, Scooby Doo and I think some Nickelodeon characters too. Additionally, there are plenty web sites which describe the movies at PKI (TR, Top Gun, Wings, Face/Off, Days of Thunder, Scooby Doo, etc.).

Hence, I think it'd be cool to have links, movie & video game reviews (written by PKICers), etc., related to attraction at PKI would be cool. Just an idea.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

We'll have to weigh this idea a little bit before we take any action. Our goal for the past few months has been to aim all conversations in the direction of PKI. Having threads about Scooby Doo and Lara Croft, in my opinion, is too loosely related to the park for this site. Of course, that is simply my opinion and there are currently four staff members, so take that for what it's worth. I'd have to warn you that if we added another forum, chances are that we'd delete one too, which would probably be "discussion".

I've already said that I think it's a good idea, but I think I should probably tell reasons why. I think there's only so many times that people can speculate about what BB will be like or what's coming in '05. During the off season, there needs to be someone where people can get a little off topic (but not much) and still converse with those on these boards. This seems like the perfect opportunity to let people do just that. There can be talk about movies, and television series that are PKI related and it'll still stay close to on topic. I think that I'd be willing to set up a board for members of PKIc to come a discuss whatever is on their minds if people would be receptive to that idea; that way this site could stay totally PKI related but people would still have a board to hang out at. Now I understand that this might get moderated, but I was just putting out the suggestion for all those interested. I mean no disrespect to any of the Pkic staff.

^ No moderation needed. You have a good idea there. I get the feeling the myself as well as the rest of the PKIC staff has shot down the idea. We already have a "discussion" forum which you guys can discuss anything that you'd like. To be honest with you, I don't like it at all, but I'm not the owner so it stays.

If you choose to make a forum as you described, you'll have the full support of PKIC.

Feel free to review PKI-related things in the discussion forum. The general feeling amongst the PKIC staff is that we are already playing an extradorenary gamble with our fun and friendly enviornment with the discussion and battle room forums. The reason why we feel as though we can have those is due to the fact that we've been around for about six months now without a major war, and from that you have earned our trust.

Unfortunately, if we have both a discussion forum and a forum for loosely PKI-related threads, it would turn overwelmingly into non-PKI related topics.

The intent of this site is for PKI enthusiasts to come together and discuss PKI. As far as I'm concerned, that leans a lot more toward the rides, shows, and attractions of PKI rather than the movies of which they are themed.

Thanks,

Ryan