Busch Gardens Williamsburg Year Round Operations

Credit to @KIghostguy for pointing this out to me and of course BGWFans.com for sharing on their twitter.

No "official" word from the park but its on their Fun Card passes so I consider it credible.

If this is legit then it's a definite game changer for Kings Dominion. I don't believe BGW would operate the same way BGT does in its winter months but only time will tell. Seeing how BGW will operate in the winter months is something I'll look forward to.

• Like 2

Six Flags making this move with favorable weather parks, too in recent years. I wonder if Cedar Fair considers it at some point with Carowinds, despite the inability to operate the B&Ms below a certain temp (at least for Cedar Fair). Kings Island is probably too far North to consider it, sadly. 

2 hours ago, JimParker85 said:

Six Flags making this move with favorable weather parks, too in recent years. I wonder if Cedar Fair considers it at some point with Carowinds, despite the inability to operate the B&Ms below a certain temp (at least for Cedar Fair). Kings Island is probably too far North to consider it, sadly. 

Maybe its time more of these parks start investing in coasters and rides that can run in sub 40 temps. We know GCI and RMC's can run. Mystic can run below 32 as long as the temp starts out at 34 or above I think and 2019 Winterfest Twisted Timbers was running. Dollywood has heaters in the stations.

Anybody know why Carowinds runs Afterburn and not Fury for Winterfest? Woodies with PTC trains like Hurler, Racer Beast and Voyage could probably run too but I think PTC doesn't want the trains run below 40 for some reason. Indiana Beach strongly hinted that they are planning a Christmas event for this year too. Would they run their coasters on that windy lake in sub 40 temps?

On 1/5/2021 at 12:54 AM, JimParker85 said:

Out of curiosity, what is the temp cutoff point for the Cedar Fair B&Ms? I've ridden while it snowed, temp that day was probably -2 C. Was cold enough I only re-rode once.