What is the worst roller coaster you've ever ridden?

• 8 months later...
On 10/4/2021 at 6:29 PM, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Flying Ace Aerial Chase. Boring and very very rough. I don’t like The Beast either, mostly because last time I rode on a wheel seat

I believe that is the first time I've ever seen FAAC described as very very rough.  I've always found it silky smooth and sneaky fun.  Its aim is the 4-7 year old kid and their parents, so I get the boring in comparison to your typical coaster.  I've always found it fun.

My worst coaster... Excalibur at ValleyFair! or Cedar Creek Mine Ride.

My worst ever was, is, and always will be Serial Thriller aka Thunderhawk at SF:WoA/Geauga Lake with Red Racer 2020 and Raven 2020 being tied for second.  They did a phenomenal job with the off season re-track work on Racer, and I am not sure about Raven 2021 as I did not make it to HW this year.

3 hours ago, medford said:

I believe that is the first time I've ever seen FAAC described as very very rough.  I've always found it silky smooth and sneaky fun.  Its aim is the 4-7 year old kid and their parents, so I get the boring in comparison to your typical coaster.  I've always found it fun.

My worst coaster... Excalibur at ValleyFair! or Cedar Creek Mine Ride.

It’s not the track that’s rough, the trains just have a super bad shakiness and it feels like it’s about to fall apart.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

It’s not the track that’s rough, the trains just have a super bad shakiness and it feels like it’s about to fall apart.

Agreed. It was fun and cool as Reptar as a kid, but yeah… Flying Ace’s trains are a little shaky. Though my last ride on it a few months ago (in honor of it’s 20th Anniversary!) wasn’t too terrible; I’ve had worse.

As for the worst ride I’ve been on? Mean Streak, especially that one time it really jackhammered at the bottom of the first drop. If it wasn’t rough, it was mediocre as it just meandered around the course. It always had potential, but never lived up to what it could have been. Thankfully, Steel Vengeance far outclasses Mean Streak multiple times over and is a fantastic ride. Honorable mentions would be Dorney Park’s Wild Mouse (so rough and janky, even during a Zen Ride - and it’s not the coaster type as Hershey’s Wild Mouse (ridden on the same trip) was much better!) and Son of Beast (specifically the Rose Bowl and the nothingness that occurred where the loop used to be (I rode it both with and without the loop).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Worst coaster I have ever ridden was Mean Streak. The best way I can describe the experience would be putting on a jackhammer like a backpack then attempting to sit on concrete while the jackhammer is on. Horrible coaster, thankfully it is no more.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 4:44 PM, Tr0y said:

Worst coaster I have ever ridden was Mean Streak. The best way I can describe the experience would be putting on a jackhammer like a backpack then attempting to sit on concrete while the jackhammer is on. Horrible coaster, thankfully it is no more.

SOB for me and then Mean Streak in 2nd place. 

• Like 1

Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom was absolutely horrible! Super rough, had to wait over and hour, then had rude cast members. The ride itself was complete garbage and beat the heck out of everyone...hence the reason it hit the scrap pile a few years ago

Unlike many others my sister and I always liked mean streak. I never thought it was too rough (wasn't smooth) but if I had a choice on walking on mean streak 10x or riding steel vengeance 1x I would take mean streak. Now I love steel vengeance but my point is that I liked mean streak too. I'd rather marathon a 7/10 coaster than ride a 10/10 once...but that's just me

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

I second SOB, it literally made both my knees swell a good 2 inches and was unable to work for a week.

With the premier trains, as long as I was in a middle seat SOB was fine. Smooth even. The wheel seats were atrocious but at least it had that middle seat option. I only ever rode Mean Streak in the 2000s (I think) but it was astonishingly bad. Anyone remember how it was in its early days? I rode Texas Giant in the early 90s before it got rough and loved it.

Worst for me might be Flight Deck/Top Gun at Canada's Wonderland or most SLCs. But weirdly enough, FoF with its original restraints probably had just as much headbanging but I still liked it.

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The G trains were just atrocious. As much as I loved the first drop on SOB. The G trains made the rest of the track unbearable.

That and because they were lighter trains, they ran through the course a lot slower. If you look at older POVs of Son of Beast without the loop, it moves extremely slow towards the end of the ride. Looks as if it could valley very easily.

1 hour ago, DoomPlague said:

With the premier trains, as long as I was in a middle seat SOB was fine. Smooth even. The wheel seats were atrocious but at least it had that middle seat option. I only ever rode Mean Streak in the 2000s (I think) but it was astonishingly bad. Anyone remember how it was in its early days? I rode Texas Giant in the early 90s before it got rough and loved it.

Worst for me might be Flight Deck/Top Gun at Canada's Wonderland or most SLCs. But weirdly enough, FoF with its original restraints probably had just as much headbanging but I still liked it.

I rode SOB once, and I'm pretty tall, my knees banged off the metal handle used to hold onto.  It was so painful,  I had tears all the way through the ride. I was somewhere around 18. There was nothing I could do, I tried sticking my fingers in between my knees and the handle and that would of broke them if i left them there. 

17 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

I rode SOB once, and I'm pretty tall, my knees banged off the metal handle used to hold onto.  It was so painful,  I had tears all the way through the ride. I was somewhere around 18. There was nothing I could do, I tried sticking my fingers in between my knees and the handle and that would of broke them if i left them there. 

It seems many have come off there in tears while it was open.

• Like 1

SOB is definitely the worst, it was a bad ride, and couldn't wait for it to be over.  Our group rode it just for cred.  

Mean Streak before it closed was rather unpleasant.  It was one of those rides that wasn't so bad if "you knew how to ride it" :P which just means you either worked with it or it beat you to death.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1