Which coaster needs a repaint the most?

Sixflags82

Which coaster needs a repaint the most?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Diamondback has looked really bad recently with its incredibly faded paint job. It dominates Rivertown to such a degree that repainting it would liven up the whole area to an extent. Cedar Fair recently repainted Intimidator at Carowinds which is one year younger than Diamondback, so that gives me hope a Diamondback repaint is coming soon.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, larralu said:

I picked the Woodstock express. It was one of my first rides growing up and now my six-year-old loves it. I’ve been saying for the last few years that it could definitely use some love.

The old yellow color would fit right in with Woodstock too :)

26 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Diamondback has looked really bad recently with its incredibly faded paint job. It dominates Rivertown to such a degree that repainting it would liven up the whole area to an extent. Cedar Fair recently repainted Intimidator at Carowinds which is one year younger than Diamondback, so that gives me hope a Diamondback repaint is coming soon.

My vote was also for Diamondback.  Definitely agree that it is looking really faded these days and a refresh would give Rivertown as a whole a sharper look.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Here is a comparison for DB. This is the best similar photos that we have. It is amazing what the sun does to paint.

DiamondbackM-11.jpg

20170625_105858_001.jpg

Diamondback looked way better in 2009 than it looks now. It’s not even close! That section of Rivertown just seems more dull these days. The splashdown is still an amazing visual spectacle though.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kyle100991 said:

Seeing all the work that's been going into The Racer, I think a repaint should be on the list too.

I don’t think The Racer looks bad (at least from angles viewable to park guests), but it definitely could benefit from a repaint (maybe they could repaint it to its original colors). However, I still think Diamondback needs a repaint more.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Personally, I would like if the supports were repainted to match the rest of the supports on the ride.  Also, if that were done, when the paint does fade, it isn`t as noticeable with the tan paint, compared to the yellow of the lift/drop supports.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I agree Diamondback is in need but The Racer should get it first. If you look at it from the antique autos it's like white and grey because all the paint is chipped and worn off the wood. Racer and Diamondback are definitely the 2 in need but I'm praying The Racer gets the red white and blue color scheme! 

banner-coasterdebate-1.jpg

d5ff0b0fb3f2e5808cea96bb24e64e1d.jpg

racer1024x512.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well Racer got it's repaint and looks great. Hopefully next offseason they will repaint Diamondback. I feel like it sticks out the most of any of the others as well due to it's size making it even more noticeable how faded it has gotten. I like the striking visual of the yellow supports but wonder if it would be better to just make them tan like the rest so it isn't as noticeable in the future when the yellow fades.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Say what now? The turnarounds weren't ready for opening day but they got them completed over the next couple of weeks.
Unfortunately they only did the track and handrails. The supports were not done as you can tell if your in line for Hotel St Michelle.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rhyano said:

Diamondback desperately needs something, I feel like there was mention that Diamondback is getting painted this off season, but I'm unsure, a close second is Banshee, it's looking pretty bad.

Personally I think Banshee needs it more simply because the more naturally looking color of Diamondback works fine when faded, especially in an area of the park that's supposed to be more rustic. Can't really say that about a purplish-red (what color is that?) tracked ride in an area with a lot of colorful signage/buildings/etc.

On 10/13/2022 at 2:26 PM, silver2005 said:

Flight of Fear may not need paint, but the track could use a scrubbing as it has a bit of a vibration.

Also, I'm for Diamondback to go all red and black.

You said it. FoF has been a lot rougher this season for some reason to the point my 40+ year old family members threatened to stop riding it. After riding Mr Freeze at Six Flags Over TX, I'm realizing how smooth Premiere Coasters could be and for some reason FoF isn't smooth. 

I think Dback is next candidate for a repaint. I like the Red and Black suggestion over the Red and Yellow. Change it up guys! The GA Scorcher is Red and Black and look really nice! Definitely Red and Black is the way to go... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Now that Diamondback is off the board, I suggest Backlot Stunt Coaster or Woodstock Express. It would be cool if they painted Backlot’s track an actual color vs just having it be all dark. It would also be cool to see Woodstock Express get repainted back to Yellow from its Scooby Doo days, but unfortunately Yellow fades fast.

• Like 1