What was your first ever post on KIC??

KIfan73

I've always thought it would be a neat to have a thread where you share your first-ever post on KIC. Some will definitely go further back in time than others.  I have to say, I have two college degrees, but I think I have learned more about the world from being on this site.  I look back through some of my older posts and it's definitely some face palm material.  Most of all, through good times, and some not so good times, I've always appreciated to have someplace to go where I can just talk and read about my "Fun" place.

From this topic

On 11/24/2004 at 8:15 PM, KIfan73 said:

I have been researching a lot of the history of Kings Island on the Internet, and its interesting how the whole park was sort of one big theme at one time. International street used to have some really interesting and diverse shops and attractions. Of course, PKI has to keep up with the times, but I think somewhere down the road they should take another look at International street, and maybe sort of rededicate that section of the park and recreate some of that atmosphere that used to be there. Maybe have a museum set up that would have photos of the way the park used to look and pictures of old rides. The theme would be "Early days of Kings Island", since the park has definitely taken on a life of its own over the last 32 years. Maybe to appeal to the older guests, as the rest of the park is definitely progressing as it needs to be, also.

"I miss the walk up coolangatta racer and going on the down under thunder"

(I still have headaches about my grammar) Good old 2012 me, still missing BB and reminiscing the good old days. Which I'll still admit Orange on Paradise Plunge is the fastest and most scenic. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2012 at 9:37 AM, VortexBFForever said:

I was also at KI on August 4th! I just didn't know it was a KIC day, and the fact that I wasn't a member yet...You were on WindSeeker for the fireworks? I was on Adventure Express at the same time. ^_^ Nice report!

This was mine, in response to a 2012 KIC Day trip report.

• Like 3

Here's mine:

On 5/28/2012 at 9:58 AM, MDMC01 said:

I like riding Vortex in the very back seat as there is a ton of airtime on the first drop. I tried 5-1 when I went the other day, but I prefer the back

And @Stitch, I found mine by going to my Profile, See My Activity, and then clicking the rightmost arrow and scrolling down.

• Like 2

Mine was way back in the fall of 2009 on one of the many SOB threads at the time due to it being a few months after it closed for good after the incident it had that year.  It was regarding how CF was handling SOB in relation to Paramount. 

I did post a lot on here back then and up to the 2013 Banshee decoding thread (aka the greatest decoding thread in history) both because C-Net had very little in the way of fellow OH/KY/IN members and as a way to be an affiliate member here so I could use said info on Coaster-Net as I was an amateur journalist for the site before it became awful and I left.  

And the rest is history.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 5:55 PM, Snowball said:

That sounds really cool. I've never heard of anything like it. I'm assuming it attaches to the track via wheels? I'd love to see this thing so I can understand it better.

Sorry for the double post. This was my first post from the Diamondback track inspection thread.

• Like 1

My first post on KIC was a topic I created, it asked out if the rides given, which would you ride? This was way before I visited Kings Island, so I was extremely nervous about the rides here at this awesome amusement park, and sweet [mention]VortexBFForever [/mention] only had less than 600 rides at that point if I remember correctly. Correct if I am wrong sweet VortexBFForever with that number, I can’t remember how many you had while writing this post here, but it was certainly more than me total.

If you could only ride these rides (at Kings Island, which one would you ride (you are able to ride again), and why?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=71075&share_tid=32694&share_pid=761164&url=https://KICentral.com/forums/interface/mobiquo.php/index.php?/topic/32694-If-you-could-only-ride-these-rides-%28at-kings-island%2C-which-one-would-you-ride-%28you-are-able-to-ride-again%29%2C-and-why%3F/page__view__findpost__p__761164&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, standbyme said:

I also migrated over from PKIUnlimited...my first post here was a smart a$$ comment about Son of Beast...and how the park came to their decision of where to place the on-ride camera. :rolleyes:

A27B22D1-2266-4929-A75F-80472D08F341.jpeg

I am glad you still have the same sense of humor now!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, standbyme said:

I also migrated over from PKIUnlimited...my first post here was a smart a$$ comment about Son of Beast...and how the park came to their decision of where to place the on-ride camera. :rolleyes:

A27B22D1-2266-4929-A75F-80472D08F341.jpeg

LOL:lol::lol:. It's hilarious today!!

• Like 1