The KI criticizers

Dj325

Basically, here you can make fun of or criticize any roller coaster at KI in any way you want. As long as it's appropriate and respectful to other people.

Here are a few examples of this stuff:

Anyways, enjoy! Let the criticizing begin!

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

CS and his so called GF are becoming unbearable to see anymore.

What does the GF stand for?

14 minutes ago, TOPGUN1993 said:

The Shed

LOL:lol:. I still don't know the reason why they put The Shed at the END of the ride. Are all those sharp turns just you being a unexperienced truck driver and somehow get trapped inside the shed and get killed by the monster (The giant, giant snake, and the giant "scary" tree)?

Here's my honorable mentions list for my top five roller coasters at KI:

Honorable mentions:

• Mystic Timbers- It would've been number 5 on the list if it didn't have a LONG line all the time!
  • Surf Dog- I know it's "Arguably a coaster", but for now I'm not going to count it as one. But that doesn't mean I don't like it. It's a great family ride!
  • Woodstock Express- I've never had ANY issues with this ride. It's not very rough, and doesn't ALWAYS have a VERY LONG line (I'm looking at you Mystic Timbers!). But when it comes to my "Top Five Best coasters at KI", it just wasn't able to make the cut.
  • Flying Ace Arial Chase- Why did I put this in here?
Edited by Dj325
I was adding a joke.

35 minutes ago, Dj325 said:

What does the GF stand for?

LOL:lol:. I still don't know the reason why they put The Shed at the END of the ride. Are all those sharp turns just you being a unexperienced truck driver and somehow get trapped inside the shed and get killed by the monster (The giant, giant snake, and the giant "scary" tree)?

Here's my honorable mentions list for my top five roller coasters at KI:

Honorable mentions:

• Mystic Timbers- It would've been number 5 on the list if it didn't have a LONG line all the time!
  • Surf Dog- I know it's "Arguably a coaster", but for now I'm not going to count it as one. But that doesn't mean I don't like it. It's a great family ride!
  • Woodstock Express- I've never had ANY issues with this ride. It's not very rough, and doesn't ALWAYS have a VERY LONG line (I'm looking at you Mystic Timbers!). But when it comes to my "Top Five Best coasters at KI", it just wasn't able to make the cut.
  • Flying Ace Arial Chase- Why did I put this in here?

GF = Girlfriend.   

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

unlike a certain theme park reviewer.

Are you able to name this "reviewer"?

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I've hung around him a few times along with koaster kids (you can find me in a few of their vids). 

I actually got a picture with Logan at the Orion First Riders Event.

IMG_20200701_211902.jpg

• Like 1

Kings Island is one of those parks that's extremely successful and historic throughout its existence. Its success can stem from it's perfect placement near big midwestern and southern cities like Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, Lexington, and Louisville. As of 2019 these cities have a combined metro population of 12,583,076 people and are experiencing 5.5% growth. To top that off, with exception to the 2020 covid season, Kings Island regularly breaks over 3 million visitors a year as a seasonal park. 

Concerning their rides, I don't believe there's a single defunct attraction that people don't miss (with maybe exceptions to SOB.) The park had many 1sts in the industry like with Racer, The Beast, the 1980s Bat, King Cobra, Vortex, and yes even Son of Beast. Even the park's modern coasters like Diamondback, Banshee, and Mystic Timbers are argued to be the best of their kind. Though we don't have a flat collection like Canada's Wonderland I still think Drop Tower, Delirium, WindSeeker and others are fun. The park itself is also constructed very well. Its extremely hard to get lost in and all the rides are easy to get to (maybe not The Bat). Our kids section was consistently ranked the best in the world for nearly two decades. Our water park is nice because its in its own area and not taking up in park space like you get at Canada's Wonderland, Kentucky Kingdom, or Kings Dominion. 

With all of that said I really don't know what there is to criticize. Yes we don't have crazy intense coasters like the young enthusiasts want and that's fine by me. I'd rather have something smooth, comfortable, and reliable that I can ride while I age as opposed to super intense ones that experience downtime that I won't be able to ride when I get older. I hate that whole "you hate us because you ain't us" mentality but I think that applies to us. We have an awesome giga coaster, a great hyper, an awesome invert, a great collection of wooden coasters, awesome supporting coasters, a great kids area, I could go on. 

The only thing I could see people criticizing fans for their unrealistically high expectations. For example I see people on Reddit posting about how we should have a dive, a wing, a flyer, a multi launch, and an RMC which I think is completely unnecessary. Other than that I think we're solid.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't understand why people hate Taylor so much. He's actually a nice guy unlike a certain theme park reviewer. I've hung around him a few times along with koaster kids (you can find me in a few of their vids). 

I've met Taylor and Coaster Bob and both of seem really nice. Sat down near the end of Coasterstock 2019 and had a nice chat with Coasterbob. I don't quite understand the Taylor and Sarah thing. More so the fact that there is always some other dude in the videos who could be her boyfriend but nobody really says. Not like I care. It is just the fact that Sally mentioned the gf. In regards to the Starbucks hint the only guy I know of that frequents Starbucks and points out when it is closed is The Daily Woo. I would not call him much of a theme park reviewer though.

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Kings Island is one of those parks that's extremely successful and historic throughout its existence. Its success can stem from it's perfect placement near big midwestern and southern cities like Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, Lexington, and Louisville. As of 2019 these cities have a combined metro population of 12,583,076 people and are experiencing 5.5% growth in their population. To top that off, which exception to the 2020 covid season, Kings Island regularly breaks over 3 million visitors a year as a seasonal park. 

Concerning their rides, I don't believe there's a single defunct attraction that people don't miss (with maybe exceptions to SOB.) The park had many 1sts in the industry like with Racer, The Beast, the 1980s Bat, King Cobra, Vortex, and yes even Son of Beast. Even the park's modern coasters like Diamondback, Banshee, and Mystic Timbers are argued to be the best of their kind. Though we don't have a flat collection like Canada's Wonderland I still think Drop Tower, Delirium, WindSeeker and others are fun. The park itself is also constructed very well. Its extremely hard to get lost in and all the rides are easy to get to (maybe not The Bat). Our kids section was consistently ranked the best in the world for nearly two decades. Our water park is nice because its in its own area and not taking up in park space like you get at Canada's Wonderland, Kentucky Kingdom, or Kings Dominion. 

With all of that said I really don't know what there is to criticize. Yes we don't have crazy intense coasters like the young enthusiasts want and that's fine by me. I'd rather have something smooth, comfortable, and reliable that I can ride while I age as opposed to super intense ones that experience downtime that I won't be able to ride when I get older. I hate that whole "you hate us because you ain't us" mentality but I think that applies to us. We have an awesome giga coaster, a great hyper, an awesome invert, a great collection of wooden coasters, awesome supporting coasters, a great kids area, I could go on. 

The only thing I could see people criticizing fans for their unrealistically high expectations. For example I see people on Reddit posting about how we should have a dive, a wing, a flyer, a multi launch, and an RMC which I think is completely unnecessary. Other than that I think we're solid.

I'm sure there are things that can be criticized, but I don't know if they are specific to KI only. You could talk about some staff (I've always found that while ride, shop and maintenance crews are always very friendly at KI, their food services staff often is kind of lacking), but that's probably a situation wherever you have lower-paid, young, hourly employees. At least with CP, you could criticize how they have so many rides but you can only ride like a handful of them in a given day because of lines. Or you could poke fun at how all their new rides have so much downtime. Or that it's a park that satisfies thrill-seekers and bores the heck out of little kids. KI is really well balanced and well operated. 

You could, though, poke a little fun at KI's proclivity to hype up a bold new attraction -- and then it's a family ride. They do that quite a bit (but the joke doesn't really work well when their "family rides" are top-notch -- and Mystic Timbers is a solid coaster, whether or not it can be ridden by the whole family). 

• Like 1

Tough to find much to criticize, but I would say:

1. They need to do something to get the Crypt and Action Theatre buildings working again for the full season, not just Haunt. A new dark ride and/or experience. Especially with the park open for Winterfest, they are prime indoor locations going mostly unused. 

2. Festhaus is underdeveloped. Should offer better dining options than standard fare and Chinese IMO. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I've met Taylor and Coaster Bob and both of seem really nice. Sat down near the end of Coasterstock 2019 and had a nice chat with Coasterbob.

I've met Bob and Sean Flaharty before. Both great people. Sean even knows me buy my username since I've commented on his videos multiple times so when I told him my screen name, it rang a bell to him.

21 hours ago, JimParker85 said:

Tough to find much to criticize, but I would say:

1. They need to do something to get the Crypt and Action Theatre buildings working again for the full season, not just Haunt. A new dark ride and/or experience. Especially with the park open for Winterfest, they are prime indoor locations going mostly unused. 

2. Festhaus is underdeveloped. Should offer better dining options than standard fare and Chinese IMO. 

Oh, those are definitely two good ones. I would recommend just tearing down both, although I wouldn't object to putting a good, new dark ride in either one. But keeping them up is just a waste of good spaces. 

Festhaus, 100%. It should be one of their prime locations -- that should be where some of their biggest and most spectacular shows play (it used to be, at least). Now the shows (at least, pre-COVID, when shows were a bigger staple) in there feel like afterthoughts. And the food is really disappointing. Panda Express just isn't something I want in a theme park, but that's just me. While I love the LaRosa's Pizza in other locations, I've noticed that the Festhaus' pizza is consistently lower quality than there. 

Here's what I'd love for Festhaus: Clear out the arcade games and all that crap. Get a good bar in there, not just the beer cart. Install some more serving areas and make it a Taste of KI-type thing, where every eatery in the park has at least one selection -- maybe a BBQ pork sandwich, a burrito bowl, a burger, LaRosa's, Skyline, etc. Maybe have the Brewhouse staff operate the bar. I'm sure there are contracts and logistics that might complicate that, but it needs some variety. Or, just make it the park's high-end eating establishment (particularly if they aren't going to bring back International Restaurant). 

And get a great show in there, not just some country filler or something with lame songs. I remember the days when Festhaus was home to an ice skating show, and it was packed. Do that. Or make the stage space smaller and book local acts from across the area to come. Or get a KI house band established. Right now, it just feels like a catch all. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chad_1138 said:

The parking lot.

so very much this ^^^^^^^  good lord at the very least top coat and repaint the lines.... and fix the potholes.  its really an eye sore ( though i guess they keep getting away with it because you are looking up at the coasters on the skyline.)  but really take some pride in the first thing people see as they enter.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I've met Taylor and Coaster Bob and both of seem really nice. Sat down near the end of Coasterstock 2019 and had a nice chat with Coasterbob. I don't quite understand the Taylor and Sarah thing. More so the fact that there is always some other dude in the videos who could be her boyfriend but nobody really says. Not like I care. It is just the fact that Sally mentioned the gf. In regards to the Starbucks hint the only guy I know of that frequents Starbucks and points out when it is closed is The Daily Woo. I would not call him much of a theme park reviewer though.

This guy?

Screenshot_20210126-155920_Twitter.jpg

I know a lot of them personally especially Sean Flaharty. He’s a good friend. He is different from the rest. He’s not out for the clicks, likes or being popular. He does it because he loves to document everything. He’s been that way his whole life. Most of the others in YT and IG are just out for clicks and likes to fund their amusement park trips. I follow very few of them. If they provide good informative content and not just “I’m first, or copy other creators content then I will follow. I’m not one for the popularity game, never have been. Even with the project I was working on, it was never about popularity or notoriety, it was about passion and wanting to do something I enjoy. Most who know me know, I’d rather be behind the camera instead in front of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4