Canada's Wonderland's Next Coaster

16 hours ago, WoodVengeance said:

Apparently a survey was sent out to Canada's Wonderland season pass holders that asked for opinions regarding three potential coaster candidates. Two of which appear to be launched B&M wing coasters and the third being a wooden coaster similar to Zambezi Zinger.

Well this takes any anticipation and fun out of what the next coaster will be. 2/3 chance it’s gonna be a B&M Winged launch coaster. I honestly don’t want a voting system for rides. I much rather see what the park can come up with on its own with the budget that it has. Kings Island would have probably never have gotten such an amazing coaster with Mystic Timbers if people were able to vote.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tr0y said:

Well this takes any anticipation and fun out of what the next coaster will be. 2/3 chance it’s gonna be a B&M Winged launch coaster. I honestly don’t want a voting system for rides. I much rather see what the park can come up with on its own with the budget that it has. Kings Island would have probably never have gotten such an amazing coaster with Mystic Timbers if people were able to vote.

Or Maverick at CP!

• Like 5

From videos I’ve seen, it looks like they’re prepping for Option 1. That being said, it’s possible that they might get that Zambezi Zinger type ride later on in the decade and displaying it might give them immediate feedback from their guests on whether or not they want it. If people seem excited about a new wooden coaster, then they’ll build it for the late 2020s/early 2030s. If people don’t seem all that enthusiastic about it, then maybe they’ll scrap the concept and think of something else. My two cents.

• Like 1

Wonderland lately has been putting the "Canada" into Canada's Wonderland, while I am lukewarm in this whole thing. Such as Wonderland having basically a 100% Cancon (Canadian Content) playlist. There's one thing about the concert coaster that caught my eyes.

Building that where Kingswood once stood is literally a no brainer for where the concert themed coaster would go. At the very least, if a coaster is not built in that space, that area should be themed around concerts and music in general.

It would be nice to see a tribute to Kim Mitchell, who had a minor hit with "Go For Soda" in the US, as he literally wrote a song about Kingswood called "Rocklandwonderland"

(If anyone could shrink this link, help me out)

It may sound lame, but would be cool for Wonderland to return the payback and somehow name something "Rockland" with the concert coaster idea.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tr0y said:

I feel like if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong) at Coasterstock in 2015 (the first year) then KI General Manager Greg Scheid asked whether attendees liked Gold Striker or Thunderbird better and Gold Striker got a better response and then we got a GCI in 2017. I didn't attend coasterstock that year so I don't know for sure, but I'm going off what a friend who attended that year told me. 

• Like 2

I'm hoping they will avoid the whole "blast/launched B&M Wing coaster out of Wonder Mountain."  I personally would prefer to see it left as is. 

When Paramount installed Volcano at KD, the design team essentially crucified the structure of Lost World/Fantasy Mountain for what was (IMO) and underwhelming short gimmick coaster.  When the gimmick - and maintainability - of Volcano wore out,  they were left with no way to salvage what was one of the most unique and over-the-top theming elements ever created for any park (the mountain.) 

Wonder Mountain is to Canada's Wonderland what Eiffel Tower is to KI and KD.  Imagine if CF suddenly decided to build a coaster that ran up the side and over the top of the Eiffel Tower.  It’s essentially the same idea....  and it’s just tacky.

I'm in the GCI camp.  Wonderland needs a new woodie.  Its been 42 years since they had a new one.  Seems to me its time...

• Like 4

If anything, this new blast coaster needs to go to Kings Dominion instead of Canada. They could build the volcano big enough for future rides and attractions to.  Wonder Mountain would be well taken care of by Cedar Fair, I think, with a blast coaster, but would you loose guardian, thunder run and Vortex?  And fire blasting out would be tacky. 

As what's been said before, using Wonder Mountain as this kind of blast coaster is incredibly cheesy.

I think the concert coaster concept pays homage to glory days back at Kingswood, which was the main Toronto concert venue up to around 1995, is the best idea honestly. But then I'm a guy who likes when throwbacks to history are made.

• 4 weeks later...