Passholder days May 8 and 9

jimlaheyscar

• jimlaheyscar changed the title to Passholder days May 8 and 9
6 minutes ago, jimlaheyscar said:

CP is May 14.

To clarify, Cedar Point's opening day is scheduled for May 14.  No word on any passholder preview events, nor any rescheduled 150th anniversary events.  They did have some preview events planned in 2020 for the 150th, which were canceled for obvious reasons.

image.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JimParker85 said:

Still skipping seats, that was my big question. Ugh. (At least on the email I received, but my PP is through Wonderland)

In fact, I don't see anywhere that that was address for Kings Island in the link. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-to-expect-when-we-reopen

I could be missing it somewhere, though.

24 minutes ago, MoreFogPlease said:

In fact, I don't see anywhere that that was address for Kings Island in the link. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-to-expect-when-we-reopen

I could be missing it somewhere, though.

Yes thank you. I just read that one compared to my Wonderland one and there are things in the Wonderland one that do not appear to be included for KI. One of them is seat skipping, which is mentioned for Wonderland but not KI, unless I missed it. That would be huge. (And for CP with access passes) 

• Like 1

Great another year with face mask we won't be attending just like we didn't attend last year... waste of money I'm not going to walk around outside in the humidity in heat with a mask on just not going to do it my family and I have been to Las Vegas four times during the pandemic they don't require Mask for outside activities there

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, RivertownRaider said:

Great another year with face mask we won't be attending just like we didn't attend last year... waste of money I'm not going to walk around outside in the humidity in heat with a mask on just not going to do it my family and I have been to Las Vegas four times during the pandemic they don't require Mask for outside activities there

good, shorter lines for the rest of us

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RivertownRaider said:

Would you like some cheese and crackers with your whine? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I don’t think any Cedar Fair parks besides Canada’s Wonderland are skipping rows based on their website information. I couldn’t access California’s Great America’s reopening information, but I could see them skipping rows because of local restrictions.

16 hours ago, RivertownRaider said:

Sometimes we all have to step outside of our comfort zones, especially during these unprecedented times. Don’t blame Cedar Fair or Kings Island. They did the right thing to protect the health of guests.

• Like 7

The whole masking thing is maddening.  The way 95% of the population wears them- they're not protected from anything.  I don't know that I can recall a news story where an outbreak was traced to outdoor activities.  

In addition, I don't know how you regulate it- but if you've had COVID or have had the vaccine- your immune system should be put back into use to protect from all the old gross things that were crawling around the parks.  

As it pertains to the vaccine- if there's no discernable difference in lifestyle after I've received... I'll just take my chances with the virus.  I've read journals that say after the appearance of antibodies the best way to maintain immunity is subtle, consistent exposure- continuing to try and sanitize your existence will eventually lessen the effect of the antibodies.

my $0.03.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I do question why one would have to wear a mask after getting a vaccine. If things like that do not change then people are going to hesitate or not get a vaccine at all.

Because it's going to take a while for the vaccine to be widely distributed. We still don't know if a vaccinated person can still pass the virus along to a potentially high risk unvaccinated person. Masks will likely be required until like 70-80% of the population gets vaccinated also known as herd immunity.

• Like 4

With the number of people already infected and those getting vaccinated, I would think it wouldn't be too much longer to reach the point of herd immunity. The number of new cases seem to be on a downward trend. I could see it being possible that some guidelines are relaxed maybe by mid-season. Even May is still a while away yet at this point. But one thing I noticed on the link above, it said plan your visit in advance. I don't know if that was implying that they are bring back the reservation system.   May 8th is my birthday, so I'm hoping to go to KI for my birthday this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thabto said:

With the number of people already infected and those getting vaccinated, I would think it wouldn't be too much longer to reach the point of herd immunity

Not to derail this thread too far, but at our current vaccination rate (of actual shots in arms), we have some significant ground to cover before reaching 3/4 of our population.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thabto said:

With the number of people already infected and those getting vaccinated, I would think it wouldn't be too much longer to reach the point of herd immunity. The number of new cases seem to be on a downward trend. I could see it being possible that some guidelines are relaxed maybe by mid-season. Even May is still a while away yet at this point. But one thing I noticed on the link above, it said plan your visit in advance. I don't know if that was implying that they are bring back the reservation system.   May 8th is my birthday, so I'm hoping to go to KI for my birthday this year.

I don’t think Kings Island is bringing back the reservation system because it says plan your visit where on Canada’s Wonderland’s website it specifically says to make a reservation. I also think capacity is increased from opening day last year though I feel like it also increased some throughout last season.

18 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I do question why one would have to wear a mask after getting a vaccine. If things like that do not change then people are going to hesitate or not get a vaccine at all.

For one, it's really hard to make rules that only apply to some people, in this case wearing a mask based on something that's hard to validate - being vaccinated.  How can I, as a fellow park guest, trust that you have been vaccinated while we browse the same shop, for instance?  For trust, optics, etc., it's better that everyone follow the same rule.

Also, being vaccinated doesn't magically prevent you from getting infected.  A vaccine teaches your immune system how to fight an infection, which means you have to have the beginnings of an infection for it to do anything.  So, even if you're vaccinated which helps you fight off the virus without symptoms, you could still be yet another asymptomatic spreader, even if only briefly.

These things may change once enough herd immunity is built up through actual infections as well as vaccinations, but for now, it's important that everyone continues to respect the masks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jsus said:

For one, it's really hard to make rules that only apply to some people, in this case wearing a mask based on something that's hard to validate - being vaccinated.  How can I, as a fellow park guest, trust that you have been vaccinated while we browse the same shop, for instance?

This part could be easy. Ask for proof then slap a bracelet on your wrist. Unlikely that they do it yes but it could be done.

4 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

This part could be easy. Ask for proof then slap a bracelet on your wrist. Unlikely that they do it yes but it could be done.

So I, the park guest, have to see that you're not wearing a mask, then see that there's a band on your wrist and somehow that makes me feel better?  Not seeing it.

5 hours ago, jsus said:

For one, it's really hard to make rules that only apply to some people, in this case wearing a mask based on something that's hard to validate - being vaccinated.  How can I, as a fellow park guest, trust that you have been vaccinated while we browse the same shop, for instance?  For trust, optics, etc., it's better that everyone follow the same rule.

Also, being vaccinated doesn't magically prevent you from getting infected.  A vaccine teaches your immune system how to fight an infection, which means you have to have the beginnings of an infection for it to do anything.  So, even if you're vaccinated which helps you fight off the virus without symptoms, you could still be yet another asymptomatic spreader, even if only briefly.

These things may change once enough herd immunity is built up through actual infections as well as vaccinations, but for now, it's important that everyone continues to respect the masks.

A thousand times yes.  Vaccinated people can still carry and shed the virus.  The importance of vaccines are to build herd immunity, which takes time.  The vaccine is not a magic pill, despite what our politicians tell us.  It's one piece of the puzzle.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2021 at 10:41 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

A thousand times yes.  Vaccinated people can still carry and shed the virus.  The importance of vaccines are to build herd immunity, which takes time.  The vaccine is not a magic pill, despite what our politicians tell us.  It's one piece of the puzzle.  

Agreed.  However, once everyone has been given the opportunity to be vaccinated, then it's on them.  The anti-vaxxers can proceed at their own risk while the rest of us get on with our lives.  Fauci says that could be as early as May or as late as July.  I don't think we'll still be wearing masks by the time of the haunt in October (especially outdoors.....where spread is extremely rare to begin with).

I've never been to passholder night before.  I'm assuming they will be extremely crowded?

On 2/2/2021 at 10:53 PM, jackinbox said:

Agreed.  However, once everyone has been given the opportunity to be vaccinated, then it's on them.  The anti-vaxxers can proceed at their own risk while the rest of us get on with our lives.  Fauci says that could be as early as May or as late as July.  I don't think we'll still be wearing masks by the time of the haunt in October (especially outdoors.....where spread is extremely rare to begin with).

I've never been to passholder night before.  I'm assuming they will be extremely crowded?

It is going to be completely different due to Covid and parks opening later than normal. Everybody wants their fix. In a non new coaster year preview night is 5 hours on a Friday, fastlanes are not valid and lines are short. Then opening day for the GP is a Sat. This Year I'm guessing preview is like last summers July preview. You will likely have to reserve one of the 2 days and will only get 1 day. So being almost 2 hours away and the likelyhood of long lines and my fastlane not being good and not being able to visit for more than one day in a row/same weekend. I will likely not be doing preview day this year just like last year.