Kings Island Coaster Blueprints

mikejenkins1

I will offer some clarity on this issue.  Zoning departments are only responsible for reviewing items that maybe on the drawings as they pertain to enforcing the zoning codes of the specific municipality.  The building department would review the drawings to ensure that they meet the building code that is applicable in the jurisdiction.  Kings Island is in the city of Mason.  It used to be in Deerfield years and years ago, but Mason annexed the park from Deerfield.  

Other than the foundations for rides, I believe that the actual drawings of the coaster fall outside of the review of the local building department.  So you unfortunately will not likely find any entire blueprints of rides in the local building department for Kings Island or any other park.  Most ride manufacturers, and parks, are highly protective of their designs (for copyright and proprietary reasons) for trade secrets.  It is not uncommon for people directly involved on these projects to have to sign NDA.  NDA`s are non disclosure agreements.  Essentially meaning you agree not to disclose or talk about projects.  

So in short, you likely will not find any coaster blue prints at a local building department.

• Like 2

I doubt we are anywhere close to seeing any sort of blueprints for a future coaster. I don't think Kings Island has anything in the planning stages yet with COVID. I think they're going to want to get a normal season or 2 down first before they start planning anything major. So I don't think we'll find any blueprints anytime soon. 

I doubt we are anywhere close to seeing any sort of blueprints for a future coaster. I don't think Kings Island has anything in the planning stages yet with COVID. I think they're going to want to get a normal season or 2 down first before they start planning anything major. So I don't think we'll find any blueprints anytime soon. 

You might want to re-read the OP’s post. He is looking for existing roller coasters.

I know the park has The Beast’s, but they are probably not going to let those out.

As for The Racer and Scooby Doo, PTC should have them, but it’s up them if they want to share. I had put in a request a while back for drawings for a scale model I’m attempting to build of the original Racer layout. No response.

I know the prototype drawing for Arrow’s shuttle loop was just uncovered by S&S and sold to a private buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk