Wild Adventures to Retire Cheetah

On 2/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, SonofBaconator said:

I'm not trying to sound rude but is Wild Adventures really that popular? Is it on par with parks like Adventureland, and so on? I've only heard about this park within the year.

Take it from a guy who visited Adventureland Iowa for the first time this summer. I enjoyed my visit there more then parks like Valleyfair and holiday World. The park had a nice vibe, nice coasters, flats and a nice waterpark. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grsupercity said:

Take it from a guy who visited Adventureland Iowa for the first time this summer. I enjoyed my visit there more then parks like Valleyfair and holiday World. The park had a nice vibe, nice coasters, flats and a nice waterpark. 

Yeah same thing with Indiana Beach, sometimes you just can’t beat the obscure feel.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Last Saturday we attended Wild Adventures for the first time. We only had about 4 hours before the storms hit. We really enjoyed this park. Lots of stuff for our 2 and 4 year old to do. Twisted Typhoon was my 150th credit! Nice mix of coasters, flats, animals and other activities. Since its on the way to Florida right off of 75 we will happily go again in the future. Since we only had 4 hours I am sure we missed alot. Seeing Cheetah SBNO killed me. Hopefully it turns into Steel Cheetah lol 

IMG_8090(1).jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

Last Saturday we attended Wild Adventures for the first time. We only had about 4 hours before the storms hit. We really enjoyed this park. Lots of stuff for our 2 and 4 year old to do. Twisted Typhoon was my 150th credit! Nice mix of coasters, flats, animals and other activities. Since its on the way to Florida right off of 75 we will happily go again in the future. Since we only had 4 hours I am sure we missed alot. Seeing Cheetah SBNO killed me. Hopefully it turns into Steel Cheetah lol 

IMG_8090(1).jpg

Yeah cheetah looked like a fun cci. Glad that you shared your experience! Glad you had a great time!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, grsupercity said:

By chance, do they still have the manually operated scrambler with the rotary crank speed control, or have they replaced it with electronic controls?  I grew up in DSM, and while I didnt really appreciate the park while I was growing up.... like the second my Friends started getting licenses we rolled to WOF as opposed to going 35 minutes to Adventureland.... I went back in 2013 and really had a great time.  Unfortunately, various circumstances have prevented me from returning, I havent even ridden Monster yet :-(.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 7:49 PM, IBEW_Sparky said:

By chance, do they still have the manually operated scrambler with the rotary crank speed control, or have they replaced it with electronic controls?  I grew up in DSM, and while I didnt really appreciate the park while I was growing up.... like the second my Friends started getting licenses we rolled to WOF as opposed to going 35 minutes to Adventureland.... I went back in 2013 and really had a great time.  Unfortunately, various circumstances have prevented me from returning, I havent even ridden Monster yet :-(.  

Monster is a very solid ride. As for the scrambler I have no idea. I did not ride many classic flats there. Focused on the coaster credits, water park and unique stuff 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...