2021 Kings Island Job Application Question

SpectralBeacon

Hey guys, I recently applied for a motion graphic artist position that opened at the park and this morning saw that I was reviewed and declined. In the past I've applied for other positions as well with the same result. For the current position I'm not sure if it was the result of not having a demo reel that I personally cut together or not (They requested a YouTube link for a demo reel, but I don't personally have a reel, just a playlist of projects ive been involved with). Is there a way I am able to re apply for a position like this if I do cut together a demo reel, or is there any way I can contact someone at the park to learn more about the position so that I can better fit my portfolio? 

(Edit: Also I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask, i checked other topics and this seemed like the right place)

So I'm not a park rep nor do I intend on representing the park at any way shape or form in this post.

If I were in your shoes I would contact HR with the questions that you have and go from there.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 1:23 PM, SpectralBeacon said:

Hey guys, I recently applied for a motion graphic artist position that opened at the park and this morning saw that I was reviewed and declined. In the past I've applied for other positions as well with the same result. For the current position I'm not sure if it was the result of not having a demo reel that I personally cut together or not (They requested a YouTube link for a demo reel, but I don't personally have a reel, just a playlist of projects ive been involved with). Is there a way I am able to re apply for a position like this if I do cut together a demo reel, or is there any way I can contact someone at the park to learn more about the position so that I can better fit my portfolio? 

(Edit: Also I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask, i checked other topics and this seemed like the right place)

Not trying to sound negative but,

First rule of applying for a job.

• Follow the instructions. 

First rule for a creative applying for a job.

• Have a demo reel/Portfolio of your work (This is a must for any creative position)

Since you didn't follow the submission instructions, you disqualified yourself for the position. (This is how most employers look at it)

• Like 2

Appreciate the feedback guys! I submitted a Playlist of projects I've been on, but havent cut an official reel which I'm now resolving (its tricky because some clients don't like the work I did for them being shared outside the official material). My biggest concern is not having the ability to resubmit any new applications like with past jobs I've had. I'm gonna work to resolve issues with a demo reel and will look into HR for future questions.