Cedar Fair FY20 Year End Results

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210217005222/en/Cedar-Fair-Reports-2020-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-Results

This MAY explain the later opening. 

“In anticipation of improving demand, we are poised to resume normal operations, particularly during our seasonally stronger back half of the year. We have strategically designed our operating plan for the 2021 season specifically to minimize cash burn in the pre-opening period and correlate park operating calendars with forecasted demand while growing our season pass base for the 2021 and 2022 seasons.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

^I mean, it's not like Cedar Fair is actively bringing food events and events in general to several of their parks to interact and get people to come back to the parks. Many people didn't even go last year so for many people what was "new" last year is new this year. I think if anything this is the year to go to parks like Knott's Berry Farms, Cedar Point, etc because they will be having new experiences and will probably try to bring guests to the parks with new, exciting experiences. 

To each their own honestly, I can say I'm already going to CP, KBF, Dorney and KI but I have a Platinum pass with all of the goodies attached that's good for this year too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BB1 said:

^I mean, it's not like Cedar Fair is actively bringing food events and events in general to several of their parks to interact and get people to come back to the parks. Many people didn't even go last year so for many people what was "new" last year is new this year. I think if anything this is the year to go to parks like Knott's Berry Farms, Cedar Point, etc because they will be having new experiences and will probably try to bring guests to the parks with new, exciting experiences. 

To each their own honestly, I can say I'm already going to CP, KBF, Dorney and KI but I have a Platinum pass with all of the goodies attached that's good for this year too. 

ir will be a zoo with them selling the crap out of gold passes and still be reduced capacity.  No thanks.

23 minutes ago, BB1 said:

Im retiring after this year, and I chose this year since the Plat is free anyway I may as well, and I was genuinely hoping for something semi-similar to 2019s enjoyment level in my last year... and yes I completely knew going into it there would be a number of the same things this year as last and was prepared to accept it and deal.  I figure I will go to attend one of the weekends during the Anniversary Celebration time period, and to get the 20th Birthday ride on Millie I didnt get last year and contend with the crowds with the nearly empty hope that they will be selling FL+.  Beyond that, unless/until CP or KD get something absolutely astounding in the future... and Im talking better than SV astounding... I am refocusing my energies on racing and going back to my roots.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

Im retiring after this year, and I chose this year since the Plat is free anyway I may as well, and I was genuinely hoping for something semi-similar to 2019s enjoyment level in my last year... and yes I completely knew going into it there would be a number of the same things this year as last and was prepared to accept it and deal.  I figure I will go to attend one of the weekends during the Anniversary Celebration time period, and to get the 20th Birthday ride on Millie I didnt get last year and contend with the crowds with the nearly empty hope that they will be selling FL+.  Beyond that, unless/until CP or KD get something absolutely astounding in the future... and Im talking better than SV astounding... I am refocusing my energies on racing and going back to my roots.  

To be honest with you I can't blame you. I would also recommend going during the food festival as they are two separate time frames, so a second visit is a must. It's going to be a good year to get to the Point, even better to end off on such a high note. 

35 minutes ago, BB1 said:

To be honest with you I can't blame you. I would also recommend going during the food festival as they are two separate time frames, so a second visit is a must. It's going to be a good year to get to the Point, even better to end off on such a high note. 

you act like the food at the food festivals are worth the money, lol.