Jump to content

Kings Island Announces its 2021 Calendar


Recommended Posts

But sometimes you have to spend some money (and be open) to make some money.  Maybe they are wanting to conserve money now and wait to see what happens in the next few months.  Anyone know how well attended the Winterfest event was at Worlds of Fun compared to KI?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

On Kings Island’s new website, there no longer a star next to the early ride time pass holder benefit indicating that it is not currently available. Is Kings Island bringing it back this year? It also says on the website to check back for early ride time attractions for this year.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/season-passes

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/season-passes/early-ride-times

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im just ready to start riding.  Our two year is now 36in this year and she is so ready to ride.  My wife and our are vaccinated and its going to be a great season!  Can't wait for 2021 coaster year.  Trying to get the our parks that we are going to visit this year.  So far we want to get Carowinds and Cedar Point for sure however with adding a little one to our family this winter its going to be tough!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Im just ready to start riding.  Our two year is now 36in this year and she is so ready to ride.  My wife and our are vaccinated and its going to be a great season!  Can't wait for 2021 coaster year.  Trying to get the our parks that we are going to visit this year.  So far we want to get Carowinds and Cedar Point for sure however with adding a little one to our family this winter its going to be tough!

I hope you share pics of your littles one's milestones on here for us to see. I bet they will be excited to get some new rides in this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 3/10/2021 at 12:01 PM, YOULLBEBACK said:

It is a lot easier to be conservative with operating hours, then expand as needed as the summer progresses.  I am hoping this to be the case. 

Unfortunately, so far it is the other way around for CF parks...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I just don`t get them saying that they are closing two hours early for labor issues.  The employees are already there.  Its not like they are cutting out an entire shift.  Seems to me more like a way to save on labor costs to improve the bottom line then a shortage of workers.  Guests can`t spend money in a closed park...

And keep in mind that they already cut one hour off the beginning of the day this year (and last year).  Closing at 8pm sure makes it hard for people that work until 5pm to enjoy the park after work.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I just don`t get them saying that they are closing two hours early for labor issues.  The employees are already there.  Its not like they are cutting out an entire shift.  Seems to me more like a way to save on labor costs to improve the bottom line then a shortage of workers.  Guests can`t spend money in a closed park...

And keep in mind that they already cut one hour off the beginning of the day this year (and last year).  Closing at 8pm sure makes it hard for people that work until 5pm to enjoy the park after work.  

 

And keep in mind that for those showing up after work, the 8pm close makes it impossible to redeem two meals....and the 8pm may deter many from even making the trip at all and not even getting one meal...and that does result in a savings as well to the park!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I checked everyone was butthurt over the lack of a twitter announcement. Now they made the tweet, and everyone is butthurt over that. Orion isn't a Giga. It's not big enough, it's not open long enough. I can't get my dinner! After 22 years of marriage I've heard it all. And this thread is starting to sound the same.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Last time I checked everyone was butthurt over the lack of a twitter announcement. Now they made the tweet, and everyone is butthurt over that. Orion isn't a Giga. It's not big enough, it's not open long enough. I can't get my dinner! After 22 years of marriage I've heard it all. And this thread is starting to sound the same.

#1stWorldProblems LOL

You forgot to add you can't smoke in the park to your list:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

https://www.wlwt.com/article/kings-island-cuts-nighttime-park-hours-again/36666217
 

So if Cedar Point upped their pay for all positions to $20 an hour and it’s considered a wide success according to them then why is KI only paying $18/hr for a few positions and continuing to cut hours? 

There are also far more job opportunities in this area than there are in Sandusky and surrounding small towns - especially warehouse positions (similar pay, year round work and benefits)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

There are also far more job opportunities in this area than there are in Sandusky and surrounding small towns - especially warehouse positions (similar pay, year round work and benefits)

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

I just don`t get them saying that they are closing two hours early for labor issues.  The employees are already there.  Its not like they are cutting out an entire shift.  Seems to me more like a way to save on labor costs to improve the bottom line then a shortage of workers.  Guests can`t spend money in a closed park...

And keep in mind that they already cut one hour off the beginning of the day this year (and last year).  Closing at 8pm sure makes it hard for people that work until 5pm to enjoy the park after work.  

 

Employees can only work 12 hours in a day. They come in at least an hour early (or earlier for ERT) and stay an hour late, so employees can't work 10am-11pm. They follow California labor laws. With the park closing at 8 they can work 10am-9pm with an hour to spare for ERT or other departments that work earlier or later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

There are also far more job opportunities in this area than there are in Sandusky and surrounding small towns - especially warehouse positions (similar pay, year round work and benefits)

You really think there are more opportunities in Sandusky than Cincinnati?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

No, which is exactly what I said.

Okay, I misread what you posted. I thought   you meant you thought there were more opportunities up there, thus driving up the cost. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bjcolglazier said:

Last time I checked everyone was butthurt over the lack of a twitter announcement. Now they made the tweet, and everyone is butthurt over that. Orion isn't a Giga. It's not big enough, it's not open long enough. I can't get my dinner! After 22 years of marriage I've heard it all. And this thread is starting to sound the same.

 

3EBFF630-56F0-4EF6-B0AC-62E329EDA937.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...