Kings Island to ‘strongly encourage’ employees to get COVID vaccine

BoddaH1994

5 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I wonder if they’ll be made to disclose if they got vaccinated. 

Honestly I don't think they will need to, humans have a difficult (99.99% impossible) time keeping things quiet, especially with things like this.  Those who don't will most assuredly speak up amongst others about it, which may or may not result in the actions Oldschool mentioned.

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

A wise business decision. And those who don’t get vaccinated, don’t be surprised if you get reduced hours of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an amusing joke lol. KI intentionally cutting hours to employees. When I worked there 3 years ago in a management role, I kept getting scheduled people who don't show up 10+ days in a row if that tells you anything

3 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Can they even do that? I don't know the details of how HIPAA works, but that feels like the kind of thing HIPAA would prevent.

Mason City Schools with their student immunization requirements (not yet including COVID-19, obviously) says hello..   Schools can require immunization, and employers can as well.  It's not a HIPAA concern.

http://www.masonohioschools.com/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=14076116

Parents/Guardians are required to submit a student Health History form as part of the district enrollment process.

*The Ohio Department of Health has established minimum requirements for immunizations of pupils in the public and non-public schools.  Minimum state required immunizations for the school year of 2019-20 are as follows:

(Some exceptions may apply or a written explanation of discrepancy from a physician may be requested)

3 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Is it even reasonable to think vaccines will be distributed that much to the relevant demographics by then?

Nope.  By the time seasonals start work, mayyybbbeeee they'll be eligible to receive the vaccine.  The company would realistically need to secure the tens of thousands of doses needed across all parks if it wanted to ensure employees had access, which I wouldn't expect to be possible before summer.  There's a reason the company only "strongly encourages" employees to get vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

I’ve also heard that it’s going to go on for a long time, maybe forever, but I really really hope this article is correct.