Area 72 - 2022

mikejenkins1

To be honest, I think I would rather want to see some improvements to our pre-existing areas and flesh them out. Oktoberfest is a shell of what it once was, and frankly it's a travesty that they haven't expanded it or made it more classic. Planet Snoopy just needs a full refresh as the signs are fading and a lot of that area needs a recoat. 

Now, with that out of the way, I don't really feel as if putting flat rides in that section would be my best bet. Rather, I would place some flats next to Racer or maybe annex the backlot and move it to another location as it is in an odd location next to Racer. Maybe even have it as a smaller kiddie area with space themed attractions so that the adults have Orion and the kids have some enterprise attraction that the grandparents can enjoy too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BB1 said:

To be honest, I think I would rather want to see some improvements to our pre-existing areas and flesh them out. Oktoberfest is a shell of what it once was, and frankly it's a travesty that they haven't expanded it or made it more classic. Planet Snoopy just needs a full refresh as the signs are fading and a lot of that area needs a recoat. 

Now, with that out of the way, I don't really feel as if putting flat rides in that section would be my best bet. Rather, I would place some flats next to Racer or maybe annex the backlot and move it to another location as it is in an odd location next to Racer. Maybe even have it as a smaller kiddie area with space themed attractions so that the adults have Orion and the kids have some enterprise attraction that the grandparents can enjoy too.

Backlot Stunt Coaster is not beside Racer. Adventure Express is on one side, Orion  on another. Flight of Fear is sorta beside it. So is the old FX theater. Now if they could move or retheme Backlot great but I do not see that happening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnakePlissken said:

Backlot Stunt Coaster is not beside Racer. Adventure Express is on one side, Orion  on another. Flight of Fear is sorta beside it. So is the old FX theater. Now if they could move or retheme Backlot great but I do not see that happening.

I did not say BLSC, I said the backlot as in the backstage area where they have storage and the like. The left side by FOF, Racer and AE has space, plenty of space for a flat ride or two. The backstage area has enough space to fully flesh out that part of the park and really give Area 72 a new life and space to grow. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BB1 said:

I did not say BLSC, I said the backlot as in the backstage area where they have storage and the like. The left side by FOF, Racer and AE has space, plenty of space for a flat ride or two. The backstage area has enough space to fully flesh out that part of the park and really give Area 72 a new life and space to grow. 

I know a lot of people who refer to Backlot Stunt Coaster as just Backlot. Others call it Junkyard coaster.

33 minutes ago, BB1 said:

Speaking of storage buildings, does anyone remember that building that they were building behind the Orion site in 2019. Does anyone know what that ended up being? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Speaking of storage buildings, does anyone remember that building that they were building behind the Orion site in 2019. Does anyone know what that ended up being? 

It’s a storage warehouse.

source: I’ve been in it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DiamondbackFan said:

A small Mack Rides Spinning coaster could fit there if Zephyr was moved.

https://rcdb.com/12224.htm

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is a very nice mock-up, but I don’t see Zephyr being moved. I don’t see a coaster going there at all. A MACK Rides Spinning Coaster like this would be nice, though, and it would be a great family ride. They could build one in reply any area of the park and theme it to that area. Something like this in Planet Snoopy would be great addition if Kings Island wants to go for the best kids area in the world again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DiamondbackFan said:

A small Mack Rides Spinning coaster could fit there if Zephyr was moved.

https://rcdb.com/12224.htm

Okay hear me out, just place that spinning coaster, in that plot of land next to racer/AE/FOF and you can keep an icon at it's spot and give A72 another unique attraction that could deliver family thrills like what I was talking about. I think either there or like @FUN&ONLY!  was talking about, placing it in the PS area. Preferably taking out the petting zoo which only makes my hikes from SC and KI just a little bit unbearable during the heat of Summer. 

Also, for the markers, not every marker means something new is coming. I have seen plenty of markers for just electrical work get chalked up to a new coaster, a new flat and the like. Sometimes it is just electrical or plumbing renovations which parks like KI need. More than likely they were doing electrical back behind KM and had some updates to work upon.

Edited by BB1
Added discussion on markers
  • Like 3