What could be the next KI new coaster?

Orion13

What is the next KI coaster?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We really don't know when the next KI coaster will come. Especially with Covid-19 and the fact that we just got Orion. But, I think we can all start predicting. I've listed a lot of different types of coasters below and I want you guys to vote on which one you think is most likely.

• Like 2

I could see a dive coaster come but I would like to see a multi-launch, especailly if it's an intense snappy one like Maverick. Another possibility that I could see as well that might be more budget conscious would be a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster. I think it would be a great fit for part of Vortex's old plot and they've already worked with them on it before at Knott's so just as likely as a Mack multi-launch. With the cost of Mack adn B&M I could see a big but cheaper coaster for the next major one.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 9:48 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Don't we already have multiple threads on this topic?

Yes we do. They haven't been commented on lately. I'm guessing people are bored with those topics. I voted for other since I love the B&M floorless design and I"m sure people are tired of reading that from me lol.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 9:48 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Don't we already have multiple threads on this topic?

There's so many coaster types that get included/excluded. For example, I choose to do my polls based off of manufactures the company has worked with in the recent years: B&M, Mack, Gerstlauer, S&S, and RMC. I wouldn't necessarily include Intamin just because the chain hasn't worked with the manufacturer in 11 years. I think if the mods either merged threads or just created a basic "what do you think we'll get?" thread where there's no poll feature it would be okay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think of this: A Mack multi launch in Rivertown called Forest Rumbler. The entrance is in the current arcade building. Imagine if they gutted out the arcade and made that the first few switchbacks and really deck it out in Jungle/Rainforest theming! Think something like inside a Rainforest Cafe and give it a nice Imascore soundtrack! Heck! Maybe pull a Rainforest Cafe and do an every half hour or so fake thunderstorm inside it. A boy can dream, right?!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I didnt know there were jungles/rainforests in Losantasville! :)

The theme would be that it was just discovered on the outskirts of Rivertown. The rainforest creatures would hide there from The Beast that would lurk through the forest. Then a rumbling creature came in and took over the forest. 

Here's the thing.  Mack and B&M are very expensive coaster manufacturers.  With all that is going on right now, I'm not sure companies are lining up to install new coasters.  B&M Dive..yeah yeah.  We know that. Mack multi Launch? Sure put one at Carowinds.  These aren't EXCITING though anymore.  Enough parks have these close by where it is not different enough,per se to draw in crowds that aren't going to purchase season passes every year anyways.

KI could do a spinner on Vortex plot like Time Traveler and that would be interesting and different, and intriguing and would be a huge hit.  That's my number one vote for what I'd want to ride all the time and what I'd like to see here. 

For the park though, let's not forget Kings Islands History on innovation and uniqueness. Racer, Beast, Screamin Demon, OG Bat, King Cobra, Vortex, Outer Limits;Flight of Fear, Son of Beast. And while not Innovative, one of the few parks with a giga. Our drop of 300 ft.  Mystic Timbers is the best GCI.  BUT they only built it, the layout was designed by another company.  What?? Did you even know that?? 

The S&S Axis coaster should go on this land. Kings Island and S&S should get in cahoots and Let S&S go all out here on this plot and give us a unique experience, a glimpse of our past and something that shows everything this new coaster can do.  Old Kings Island motto.  DO IT ALL.   Showcase the Axis here, and make a deal where KI gets a big discount on being the flagship park to sell this.  Hundreds of smaller parks get a less expensive version of this thrill coaster with the various elements in ours. We win, S&S wins.

We get to install a new world class coaster at a discount due to its visibility for the manufacturer. And the manufacturer gets recognized for this model at a major park.

And the Cedar Point who would not want to install one of these anyways in the near future, due to the newness of the model, and  still needing a respectable modern woody plus  needing world class status for its new coasters, has the lack of land to put anything on, where this model does not fit for a long time without removing a crowd favorite.  So, they wouldn't gamble on this.

Kings Island would. It's part of her nature. Let her do what she has always done.  Innovate and impress the locals. Everyone else followed back in the day. Let's quit underestimating our worth by following trends and formulas. We aren't Cedar Point South.

We are Kings Island. And that means something to so many people. 

Perfect Coaster at the perfect park.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

The S&S Axis coaster should go on this land. Kings Island and S&S should get in cahoots and Let S&S go all out here on this plot and give us a unique experience, a glimpse of our past and something that shows everything this new coaster can do.  Old Kings Island motto.  DO IT ALL.   Showcase the Axis here, and make a deal where KI gets a big discount on being the flagship park to sell this.  Hundreds of smaller parks get a less expensive version of this thrill coaster with the various elements in ours. We win, S&S wins.

We get to install a new world class coaster at a discount due to its visibility for the manufacturer. And the manufacturer gets recognized for this model at a major park.

And the Cedar Point who would not want to install one of these anyways in the near future, due to the newness of the model, and  still needing a respectable modern woody plus  needing world class status for its new coasters, has the lack of land to put anything on, where this model does not fit for a long time without removing a crowd favorite.  So, they wouldn't gamble on this.

Kings Island would. It's part of her nature. Let her do what she has always done.  Innovate and impress the locals. Everyone else followed back in the day. Let's quit underestimating our worth by following trends and formulas. We aren't Cedar Point South.

We are Kings Island. And that means something to so many people. 

Perfect Coaster at the perfect park.

While an axis would be cool, I don't see us getting the first one. S&S while being innovative has seen its fair share of problems and I don't think CF will take that kind of risk.

• Like 4

On 3/24/2021 at 3:53 AM, goettablitz said:

Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster, a "dive" coaster similar to Hang Time.

This is what I would love to see replace Vortex for Coney Mall. They are usually small foot prints too so Feel like they could split Vortex's plot to that for CM and the rest for Rivertown for a new attraction

• Like 1

20 hours ago, purdude86 said:

This is what I would love to see replace Vortex for Coney Mall. They are usually small foot prints too so Feel like they could split Vortex's plot to that for CM and the rest for Rivertown for a new attraction

I would honestly prefer a B&M mini dive over a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster. I only say this because I personally  want all that Vortex land used and I don't think Gerstlauer makes rides that massive

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I would honestly prefer a B&M mini dive over a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster. I only say this because I personally  want all that Vortex land used and I don't think Gerstlauer makes rides that massive

Karnan? Takabisha? Smiler? Those are pretty large rides. I can guarantee you if Gerstlauer was given that space to work with, I doubt they would come up with a ride that uses just part of the land unless the park told them to only use part of it. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, WhatTheBlazes said:

I have a gut feeling that Six Flags Great America is getting the prototype of Axis as their next coaster.  Time will tell.

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 9:07 PM, DiamondbackFan said:

I have a gut feeling that Six Flags Great America is getting the prototype of Axis as their next coaster.  Time will tell.

spacer.png

That is definitely interesting.  I definitely think this is more likely than KI getting the first one.  I think Great America would be a good park for it.  We will see what happens!