Carowinds Announces 2021 Calendar

39 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm still wondering why Carowinds and WOF announced Grand Carnivale while KI has said nothing about it. Is KI cancelling it again? What about the summer nights event they were going to introduce last year? 

Edit: Kings Dominion and Valleyfair also have listed their Grand Carnivale dates. 

I find it strange King's Island has not announced any events for this year yet besides passholder preview. We don't have much info on that either. Most important will it be like last year and can we only go one of the 2 days? Where's the Coasterstock info one way or the other? Cedar Point has Coastermania listed. With Worlds of Fun canceling Winterfest again and Carowinds announcing a Christmas event of some kind with dates later in the year, what is the status of King's Island Winterfest?

KI has said the exact same thing as Carowinds about fall and winter events.  With budgets severely limited this season due to the pandemic last season, my guess is that CF is waiting to see how the early and late summer seasons go.  If there are lots of rainy days limiting attendance and closing parks due to inclement weather for the day (and therefore loss of income), fall and winter events my be limited.  WOF already has said budget concerns forced their Winterfest cancellation.  However, if the weather is super nice/sunny, and everyone has a vaccination that wants one, attendance may sky rocket at the parks this summer (and likely therefore more income to fund having fall and winter events).  

• Fall and Winter operating days and hours will be announced later this year.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm still wondering why Carowinds and WOF announced Grand Carnivale while KI has said nothing about it. Is KI cancelling it again? What about the summer nights event they were going to introduce last year? 

Edit: Kings Dominion and Valleyfair also have listed their Grand Carnivale dates. 

I do think Kings Island is currently planning on having Winterfest this year, but it is probably somewhat dependent on how the season goes. They will also likely have Halloween Haunt because Worlds of Fun already has it in their calendar. I am very surprised, though, that Kings Island has said nothing about events or entertainment this year. I know in previous park updates, Mike Koontz said that they look forward to holding Grand Carnival and Summer Nights in 2021. If smaller parks like Valleyfair and Worlds of Fun are doing in Grand Carnivale, I would expect Kings Island to hold theirs. I hope they announce the 2021 event lineup soon if they are planning to have anything.