Coasterstock Returns in 2021

Coasterstock will be back in 2021 on July 9th and 10th!

This two day event is a Kings Island fan come true. In the past it has included Exclusive Ride Time (ERT), behind-the-scenes photo and video opportunities, unlimited digital photos, catered meals, guest speakers, and fun contests. We are not sure what all they can do this year with the current restrictions.  More details, including the date tickets go on sale, will be announced soon. I am sure @DonHelbig has a plan to make it another unforgettable event!  

Please not this event is exclusive to coaster club members from the following clubs: The American Coaster Enthusiasts, Club Theme Park Review, Coaster Buzz Club, Coaster Crew Platinum, European Coaster Club, Florida Coaster Club, Great Ohio Coaster Club, Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain. You must be a member of one these clubs to register and attend.

Click here to learn more about Coasterstock on the KIC Coaststock page.

KICentral is excited to see Coasterstock return in 2021. We hope you are as well!

20190517_150446.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shawn Meyer said:

^ Do you guys think they'll put the tickets on sale during the day? I'm worried I'll strike out because I'm working during that time and not allowed to have my phone on me to order them. :(

They tell you exactly when the tickets go on sale. Do what I used to do when I worked days. Take a break or lunch or at the very least tell your boss early when you get there that you have something important to do for 5 minutes.

• Thanks 2

Morning ERT starting later around 9AM would be nice so you wouldn't feel as tired the next day. The other question is are they loading full trains? If they are still skipping rows, then I might have to pass on this year. ERT waits of 1 hour+ isn't appealing. You wouldn't get much in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thabto said:

Morning ERT starting later around 9AM would be nice so you wouldn't feel as tired the next day. The other question is are they loading full trains? If they are still skipping rows, then I might have to pass on this year. ERT waits of 1 hour+ isn't appealing. You wouldn't get much in. 

Morning ERT starting later is just less value for the money. It is in no way a Good thing. Nobody is forcing any ticket holder to show up at 8am or earlier. This is the second time today I have heard the later start is somehow better idea. 2019 the park opened to passholders at 9:30am and 10am to the public on the coasterstock days and closed at 10pm. This year the park is opening at 11am with no word on early entry. So in theory a 9am start would get us just as much ERT but would be one hour less overall per day for the money paid.

• Like 1

I don't factor in how many hours the park is open. The ERT, tours and the meals are where the value is. Not much happens during normal park hours anyway, except for the lunch, behind the scenes tours and guest speakers. The park could only be open for 6 hours those days and I wouldn't feel less value. As long as there is still the same amount of ERT and meals, I would feel I got my money's worth.

• Like 1

I just don’t see how Kings Island can expect to have a somewhat high attendance season this year if they choose to skip rows on their rides again. Last year, every day the park had decent crowds, lines were terribly long especially when they only ran two trains on most rides that are capable of running three trains.

I think masks, health screenings, and social distancing everywhere else should stay at this moment, but the social distancing on rides needs to go. I believe that the CDC says that you are only at high risk of catching COVID-19 when you are within close proximity of someone with COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes. As far as I know, Kings Island has no rides that last that long. Also the riders are already wearing masks which offer a strong layer or protection.

• Like 5

Last year I was one of the lucky ones who got tickets for the event. I know how quickly it sold out. It was nice how KI handled the refunds for the canceled event.  Regretfully I will not be able to attend this year due to a prior commitment that weekend.  I hope everyone enjoys!

In lieu of this event, I bought tickets for Holiwood nights and Keys to the Kingdom.  Haven't been to Holiday World since before Voyage was built and never to KK so looking forward to that weekend for sure!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WhatTheBlazes said:

Last year I was one of the lucky ones who got tickets for the event. I know how quickly it sold out. It was nice how KI handled the refunds for the canceled event.  Regretfully I will not be able to attend this year due to a prior commitment that weekend.  I hope everyone enjoys!

In lieu of this event, I bought tickets for Holiwood nights and Keys to the Kingdom.  Haven't been to Holiday World since before Voyage was built and never to KK so looking forward to that weekend for sure!

You are in for a heck of a fun weekend. I attended both last year and I will be there again this year. It is basically a big 3 day party with friends. If you take out the coaster lineup Kentucky Kingdom put on the best event I have ever attended. If anyone on here is attending and wants to meet up let me know.

• Like 1

Tickets are now live. I just bought mine and we are getting night ERT on Orion both nights.

July 9

Morning Rides

• Diamondback
  • Mystic Timbers
  • Great Pumpkin Coaster
  • Flying Ace Aerial Chase
  • K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad (photo opportunity)

Night Rides

• Orion
  • The Beast
  • The Racer
  • Flight of Fear (Lights On!)
  • Backlot Stunt Coaster
  • Grand Carousel
  • Dodgem
  • Kings Mills Antique Autos

July 10

Morning Rides

• Banshee