• 9 a.m. -10 a.m. Complimentary Donuts
  • 9 a.m. -10:30 a.m. ERT Mystic Timbers, Great Pumpkin Coaster
  • 9 a.m. -11 a.m. E.RT Diamondback, Flying Ace Aerial Chase
  • 10 a.m. -11 a.m. K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad Photo Opportunity, Q&A
  • 11 a.m. K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad First Ride
  • 11:45 a.m. Chicken Dance Festhaus Plaza
  • 12:30 p.m. -2 p.m. Kings Island-opoly Tournament
  • 2:30 p.m. Group Photo at Eiffel Tower
  • 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. The Beast & Diamondback Behind The Scenes Photo and Video Opportunity
  • 5::30 p.m. -7 p.m. Dinner in Picnic Grove
  • 7:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. Guest Speakers/Q&A International Showplace Theatre
  • 10 p.m. -10:30 p.m. ERT Grand Carousel, Dodgem
  • 10:30 p.m. -12 a.m. ERT Orion, The Racer Flight of Fear (Lights On), The Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Kings Mills Antique Autos

Day 2: Saturday, July 10

• 8:30 a.m. Parking Tolls Open
  • 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. ERT Banshee
  • 9 a.m. -11 a.m. ERT The Bat
  • 9:30 a.m. -10 a.m. Banshee Behind The Scenes Photo and Video Opportunity
  • 10 a.m. -11 a.m. ERT Delirium, Drop Tower, Invertigo
  • 11:15 a.m. Celebrate Grand Carousel’s 95th Anniversary By Taking a Spin
  • 12:30 p.m. -2 p.m. Kings Island-opoly Championship
  • 1 p.m. -3 p.m. Kings Island: A Ride Through Time Book Signing with author Evan Ponstingle
  • 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Orion & The Racer Behind The Scenes Photo and Video Opportunity
  • 5:30 p.m. -7 p.m. Dinner in the Picnic Grove
  • 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Guest Speakers/Q&A International Showplace Theatre
  • 8:30 p.m. - Coasterstock 2021 Award Winners Showplace Theatre
  • 10 p.m. -11 p.m. ERT Shake, Rattle & Roll, Zephyr
  • 10:30 p.m. -12 a.m. ERT Orion, The Beast, Mystic Timbers, Flight of Fear (Lights Off)

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/june/coasterstock-2021-itinerary-is-coasterstacked

banner-coasterstockitinerary.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Coasterstock 2021 Itinerary

Day 1: Friday, July 9

• 9 a.m. -10 a.m. Complimentary Donuts
  • 9 a.m. -10:30 a.m. ERT Mystic Timbers, Great Pumpkin Coaster
  • 9 a.m. -11 a.m. E.RT Diamondback, Flying Ace Aerial Chase
  • 10 a.m. -11 a.m. K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad Photo Opportunity, Q&A
  • 11 a.m. K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad First Ride
  • 11:45 a.m. Chicken Dance Festhaus Plaza
  • 12:30 p.m. -2 p.m. Kings Island-opoly Tournament
  • 2:30 p.m. Group Photo at Eiffel Tower
  • 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. The Beast & Diamondback Behind The Scenes Photo and Video Opportunity
  • 5::30 p.m. -7 p.m. Dinner in Picnic Grove
  • 7:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. Guest Speakers/Q&A International Showplace Theatre
  • 10 p.m. -10:30 p.m. ERT Grand Carousel, Dodgem
  • 10:30 p.m. -12 a.m. ERT Orion, The Racer Flight of Fear (Lights On), The Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Kings Mills Antique Autos

Day 2: Saturday, July 10

• 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. ERT Banshee
  • 9 a.m. -11 a.m. ERT The Bat
  • 9:30 a.m. -10 a.m. Banshee Behind The Scenes Photo and Video Opportunity
  • 10 a.m. -11 a.m. ERT Delirium, Drop Tower, Invertigo
  • 11:15 a.m. Celebrate Grand Carousel’s 95th Anniversary By Taking a Spin
  • 12:30 p.m. -2 p.m. Kings Island-opoly Championship
  • 1 p.m. -3 p.m. Kings Island: A Ride Through Time Book Signing with author Evan Ponstingle
  • 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Orion & The Racer Behind The Scenes Photo and Video Opportunity
  • 5:30 p.m. -7 p.m. Dinner in the Picnic Grove
  • 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Guest Speakers/Q&A International Showplace Theatre
  • 8:30 p.m. - Coasterstock 2021 Award Winners Showplace Theatre
  • 10 p.m. -11 p.m. ERT Shake, Rattle & Roll, Zephyr
  • 10:30 p.m. -12 a.m. ERT Orion, The Beast, Mystic Timbers, Flight of Fear (Lights Off)

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/june/coasterstock-2021-itinerary-is-coasterstacked

banner-coasterstockitinerary.jpg

Some things to note here. I am not crazy about how the Train Q&A and our Banshee walkback is during morning ERT. Where is the love for Adventure Express? No ERT at all? I would love some 30th anniversary rides with all the effects running at night for ERT.  Who thought Flight of Fear night ERT was a great idea and where is the tour of the spaghetti bowl? ERT on that should be during the day because well the ride is indoors. Why would I ever want to ride it at night? There is no Haunt house walk through either. 2 years ago we had a lights on walk through Slaughterhouse. A lights on walk through of Kill Mart would be so amazing. But overall good itinerary.

51 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Some things to note here. I am not crazy about how the Train Q&A and our Banshee walkback is during morning ERT. Where is the love for Adventure Express? No ERT at all? I would love some 30th anniversary rides with all the effects running at night for ERT.  Who thought Flight of Fear night ERT was a great idea and where is the tour of the spaghetti bowl? ERT on that should be during the day because well the ride is indoors. Why would I ever want to ride it at night? There is no Haunt house walk through either. 2 years ago we had a lights on walk through Slaughterhouse. A lights on walk through of Kill Mart would be so amazing. But overall good itinerary.

Some people you just can't make happy. AE was on the list a few years ago. Maybe they are trying to to change it up a bit. The houses may not have proper ventilation to have us in there yet?

I am very excited and looks like Don has us very busy start to finish.

• Like 3

Double post here, but this needed its own.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank @DonHelbig for making this event happen this year. The few conversations I have had, I know he worked very hard to pull this off for us this year. Not only trying to find a working date, but all of the details that go into making such a big event. He could have just said we will try again next year, but he didn't. It is much appreciated to get us back to this awesome event.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

The Train Photo Opportunity and Q&A was done this way so attendees can come and go at their leisure, have an opportunity to capture better photos, have more of conversation with the engineers and conductors, and just overall to make it a better experience for those interested in the story behind our steam trains.

Having the Banshee backstage photo opportunity during the ERT session allows attendees to come and go at their leisure and offered us the chance to fit in two additional activities after the park opened, starting with the chance for everyone to ride the Grand Carousel together and to offer a book signing with Evan Ponstingle, author of Kings Island: A Ride Through Time. Now you may not care about a ride on the Grand Carousel, but for many of the attendees it's something they're going to enjoy doing together as a group. 

I'm the one who thought Flight of Fear ERT at night was a great idea. It's located next to Orion, near The Racer and falls within the footprint of where the night time ERT rides are located, which is Coney Mall, Area 72 and Rivertown. There are two different experiences being offered on Flight of Fear. One night it's lights on, the next night it's lights off. 

Where is the tour of the spaghetti bowl and Haunt maze walkthroughs? While things are getting back to normal from the COVID-19 pandemic, we're not there yet with being able to have a group of this size together in an indoor facility. 

In developing the itinerary for this event, it's always done with what the majority of the attendees would enjoy in mind. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

The Train Photo Opportunity and Q&A was done this way so attendees can come and go at their leisure, have an opportunity to capture better photos, have more of conversation with the engineers and conductors, and just overall to make it a better experience for those interested in the story behind our steam trains.

Having the Banshee backstage photo opportunity during the ERT session allows attendees to come and go at their leisure and offered us the chance to fit in two additional activities after the park opened, starting with the chance for everyone to ride the Grand Carousel together and to offer a book signing with Evan Ponstingle, author of Kings Island: A Ride Through Time. Now you may not care about a ride on the Grand Carousel, but for many of the attendees it's something they're going to enjoy doing together as a group. 

I'm the one who thought Flight of Fear ERT at night was a great idea. It's located next to Orion, near The Racer and falls within the footprint of where the night time ERT rides are located, which is Coney Mall, Area 72 and Rivertown. There are two different experiences being offered on Flight of Fear. One night it's lights on, the next night it's lights off. 

Where is the tour of the spaghetti bowl and Haunt maze walkthroughs? While things are getting back to normal from the COVID-19 pandemic, we're not there yet with being able to have a group of this size together in an indoor facility. 

In developing the itinerary for this event, it's always done with what the majority of the attendees would enjoy in mind. 

I want to thank Don for replying to my comment and for addressing all my points except Adventure Express. I honestly did not think of covid being the reason for no indoor walkthroughs. Since Dewine choose to end all restrictions a couple weeks ago I sometimes forget things are not completely back to pre covid conditions. We are close but not quite there. At least in Ohio we are.

Lights on for Flight of Fear a unique experience and something everybody should do. However early in this season the ride was running with all lights on for some reason anyways. I have no idea why. I would probably do it again if it was morning ERT but I really love my night rides more than anything else so I will probably run around and ride everything outside. Maybe even ride Antique cars for the first time.

I absolutely do care about things like Grand Carousel. I love riding old rides and celebrating and learning the history of them. Every time I walk into a park I have never been to I try to ride every log flume, dark ride, fun house, skyride etc. Everything old and quirky and rare I love to try and ride at least once. The exception is  some spinny flat rides make me dizzy and I tend to avoid those.

7 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

I want to thank Don for replying to my comment and for addressing all my points except Adventure Express. I honestly did not think of covid being the reason for no indoor walkthroughs. Since Dewine choose to end all restrictions a couple weeks ago I sometimes forget things are not completely back to pre covid conditions. We are close but not quite there. At least in Ohio we are.

Lights on for Flight of Fear a unique experience and something everybody should do. However early in this season the ride was running with all lights on for some reason anyways. I have no idea why. I would probably do it again if it was morning ERT but I really love my night rides more than anything else so I will probably run around and ride everything outside. Maybe even ride Antique cars for the first time.

I absolutely do care about things like Grand Carousel. I love riding old rides and celebrating and learning the history of them. Every time I walk into a park I have never been to I try to ride every log flume, dark ride, fun house, skyride etc. Everything old and quirky and rare I love to try and ride at least once. The exception is  some spinny flat rides make me dizzy and I tend to avoid those.

Not sure if you're intending to I can see some may view your initial comments as coming off negatively.  If you're not crazy about the Train Q&A or the Banshee Walkback then don't do them.  Not everyone attending coaterstock has the same idea of what is interesting or fun.  Some of us as we get older are becoming true "Park Enthusiasts" as opposed to "Coaster Enthusiasts" :).  I think Don and his team do the best they can and you should consider that there may be other factors driving decisions that are being made.  Frankly, I would trade ERT for FOF over AV in a heartbeat.  Especially considering the line for AV is never nearly as long as FOF.

Early in the season when training is going on sometimes they forget to turn off the lights on FOF.  When it comes to running the ride in a safe manner, turning off the lights is probably pretty low on the list and I can understand it getting missed.  I've seen it with the lights on early season as well and believe it's just a step they forgot to take when preparing the ride for the day.

It's ok to express your opinion but to do so before the event is not even giving the event a chance.  Afterward would also be the time to suggest things for next year as opposed to 2 weeks before the event when nothing can be done to change what has already been planned.

Remember coasterstock wouldn't happen without Don and his team.  Personally I didn't think Don owes you or anyone else an explanation at all and you are correct to thank him .  His work and commitment to park enthusiasts is more than is seen at other parks in the country and we are lucky to have him and his crew.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, robintodd said:

Not sure if you're intending to I can see some may view your initial comments as coming off negatively.  If you're not crazy about the Train Q&A or the Banshee Walkback then don't do them.  Not everyone attending coaterstock has the same idea of what is interesting or fun.  Some of us as we get older are becoming true "Park Enthusiasts" as opposed to "Coaster Enthusiasts" :).  I think Don and his team do the best they can and you should consider that there may be other factors driving decisions that are being made.  Frankly, I would trade ERT for FOF over AV in a heartbeat.  Especially considering the line for AV is never nearly as long as FOF.

Early in the season when training is going on sometimes they forget to turn off the lights on FOF.  When it comes to running the ride in a safe manner, turning off the lights is probably pretty low on the list and I can understand it getting missed.  I've seen it with the lights on early season as well and believe it's just a step they forgot to take when preparing the ride for the day.

It's ok to express your opinion but to do so before the event is not even giving the event a chance.  Afterward would also be the time to suggest things for next year as opposed to 2 weeks before the event when nothing can be done to change what has already been planned.

Remember coasterstock wouldn't happen without Don and his team.  Personally I didn't think Don owes you or anyone else an explanation at all and you are correct to thank him .  His work and commitment to park enthusiasts is more than is seen at other parks in the country and we are lucky to have him and his crew.

I do not know why you are saying I do not care about Train Q&A or Banshee walkback or how my post could be negative at all. You are just trying to twist my words and put words in my mouth. I said I would prefer any and all walkbacks, Q%A's, photo/video Opportunities to not being during coaster ERT. This is Coasterstock after all. We are here first and foremost for getting extra ride time on coasters outside of park normal operating hours. Everything else ideally should be during normal operating hours when the park gets busy. It gives us things to do instead of standing in long lines.

I do not know why you think discussing opinions about the event 2 weeks before is not okay. Especially when one has attended before and sorta knows what to expect. 2 weeks is plenty of time to adjust and alter the schedule and maybe add things like the overlooked Adventure Express that you and Indyguy do not seem to care about. It is the 30th after all and the park spent all that time and money to fix all the old effects that were not working for 2019.

Also in regards to your park enthusiasts vs coaster enthusiasts Why is one better than the other. What is wrong with being a coaster enthusiast? Is that not why we buy tickets to things like Coasterstock? Would not my statement about caring about park history and riding everything old and quirky aka dark rides and log flumes qualify me as your so called higher tier park enthusiast anyways?

I said the schedule is a good one in my first post and in my second I thanked Don for addressing every point except one. So how am I being negative? I just do not see it. Indy guys "You just can not please everybody" was aimed at me and that was not really nice or fair either.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

I do not know why you are saying I do not care about Train Q&A or Banshee walkback or how my post could be negative at all. You are just trying to twist my words and put words in my mouth. I said I would prefer any and all walkbacks, Q%A's, photo/video Opportunities to not being during coaster ERT. This is Coasterstock after all. We are here first and foremost for getting extra ride time on coasters outside of park normal operating hours. Everything else ideally should be during normal operating hours when the park gets busy. It gives us things to do instead of standing in long lines.

I do not know why you think discussing opinions about the event 2 weeks before is not okay. Especially when one has attended before and sorta knows what to expect. 2 weeks is plenty of time to adjust and alter the schedule and maybe add things like the overlooked Adventure Express that you and Indyguy do not seem to care about. It is the 30th after all and the park spent all that time and money to fix all the old effects that were not working for 2019.

Also in regards to your park enthusiasts vs coaster enthusiasts Why is one better than the other. What is wrong with being a coaster enthusiast? Is that not why we buy tickets to things like Coasterstock? Would not my statement about caring about park history and riding everything old and quirky aka dark rides and log flumes qualify me as your so called higher tier park enthusiast anyways?

I said the schedule is a good one in my first post and in my second I thanked Don for addressing every point except one. So how am I being negative? I just do not see it. Indy guys "You just can not please everybody" was aimed at me and that was not really nice or fair either.

Not trying to twist your words, just trying to give some creative advise.  Why so defensive????

"I am not crazy about how the Train Q&A and our Banshee walkback is during morning ERT. " - can come off as critical.  Remember not everyone is there for the coasters.

"No ERT at all? " - can come off as critical.

"Who thought Flight of Fear night ERT was a great idea and where is the tour of the spaghetti bowl? ERT on that should be during the day because well the ride is indoors. " - can come off as critical (especially to whomever thought up the itinerary).

"There is no Haunt house walk through either. 2 years ago we had a lights on walk through Slaughterhouse. " - can come off as critical.

"A lights on walk through of Kill Mart would be so amazing. " - Good suggestion

These two could have been said as "I noticed there is not Haunt walkthrough on the itinerary.  I enjoyed the lights on walk through in Slautherhouse 2 years ago.  A lights on walk through of Kill Mart would be so amazing for a future event."  - Comes off less critical

"But overall good itinerary." - Nice comment.

Look, I was merely pointing out that some of the above comments can come off negatively.  And I would say that yes, two weeks is too soon to change anything considering the itinerary has already been completed and cleared through upper management (Don doesn't run the place after all).  Also staffing had to be arranged, security, etc. 

There is nothing wrong with being a coaster enthusiast.  My point was simply that eventually every coaster enthusiast becomes a park enthusiast just because of age,  It's people like Don and his crew that make the event.  I've been to the park 20 times this year and ridden alot of coasters but never during one of those visits have I gotten a Q&A with the Conductor of the train.  Coasterstock is a name but it obviously isn't JUST about coasters as noted by this years itinerary.  Winter Chill-Out sells out in minutes and guess how many coasters they get to ride.  Don't get me wrong, coasters are a part of it, but it's the comradery, history and the park in general that set KI's coasterstock apart from any other event.

Cheers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

This is Coasterstock after all. We are here first and foremost for getting extra ride time on coasters outside of park normal operating hours.

For the majority of the attendees, Coasterstock is not about ERT. It's a weekend celebration, a big "Family Reunion" for many. A chance to unite or reunite with other like-minded people. Oh, sure, there's ERT. But it's far from the most important part of the event for many of those who return to participate in the event year after year. And the event was created to be that way. 

You keep going on and on about Adventure Express not being part of the ERT lineup. As noted earlier in this thread, it is not located within the footprint of where other rides are located during the ERT sessions. However, you will be able to get in several rides on Adventure Express immediately following each of the morning ERT sessions during the first hour is open and you can get in a couple of night rides before the park closes as well. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DonHelbig said:

For the majority of the attendees, Coasterstock is not about ERT. It's a weekend celebration, a big "Family Reunion" for many. A chance to unite or reunite with other like-minded people. Oh, sure, there's ERT. But it's far from the most important part of the event for many of those who return to participate in the event year after year. And the event was created to be that way. 

I whole hardly agree with this. I have developed lifetime friends and even meet my wife at Coasterstock. The ERT is nice, but not important compared to the relationships I have made. It also would not be the same if I did not get to ride with my wife and friends. Some of which I have not seen since the last Coasterstock. Even with covid, labor issues, and having a delayed date, the park was still willing to host us.  That to me is also way more important  to me than what is on the actual itinerary. Thanks for your willingness to make this happen Don.

• Like 2

For me at least ERT is the least important part of the weekend.  I like listening to the speakers, and having a chance to ask them questions.  Meeting up and speaking with other enthusiasts, discussing rumors is always more fun in person.  Opportunities to get access to locations and experiences I typically cannot access.  Sure I love riding the coasters with little wait, but more than anything I want something unique I cannot get any other day of the season.

Kings Island is my home park, but even when I visit events at other parks this typically holds true.  I like the schedule this year and how it has an emphasis on the rest of the day.

My biggest wish for the event would be for us to access other areas of the park which the general public never sees.  But then I am also one of those people who enjoys Winter chill out more then Coastermania.  Getting access to maintenance, warehouses, costuming, etc, and talking with the staff is always interesting.

I would love to see an off season open house event sometime in the future.

• Like 3

Per the e-mail that was sent to attendees, Funpix is loaded onto your Coasterstock event ticket, which you can print or show on your mobile device from your online Coasterstock ticket order.

You shouldn't need to register to load photos, but you'll want to register afterward to view and download your pictures from the Funpix website.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, malem said:

Per the e-mail that was sent to attendees, Funpix is loaded onto your Coasterstock event ticket, which you can print or show on your mobile device from your online Coasterstock ticket order.

You shouldn't need to register to load photos, but you'll want to register afterward to view and download your pictures from the Funpix website.

That kind of technological flexibility is actually kind of impressive