Coasterstock Returns in 2021

23 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Coastermania is the same day as Holiwood Nights and I wonder if it has anything to do with lots of people already having those tickets.

Coastermania has, traditionally, had a much higher capacity allowance than most enthusiast events.  I've been to several Coastermanias over the years where there were upwards of 2,000 attendees.  Its worth noting that interest in Coastermania, and attendance, usually flexes based on a new coaster.  In "intermediate" years between coasters, attendance tends to dip.  

I don't know the KI Coasterstock capacity, but I'd not be surprised if it is 1/3 of Coastermania's allowance.  Given that, and the fact that Orion is still essentially a new coaster to most... its no surprise demand for CS tickets was incredible.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I don't know the KI Coasterstock capacity, but I'd not be surprised if it is 1/3 of Coastermania's allowance.  Given that, and the fact that Orion is still essentially a new coaster to most... its no surprise demand for CS tickets was incredible.

Or it's just that coasterstock or these special events in general are rising in popularity. Remember registration for Orion's media day (that ended up not happening due to covid) went out in less than 30 minutes I believe and coasterstock last year (that also didn't happen) sold out around the same as well. Didn't happen this quickly for Mystic Timbers or Banshee media days. I don't remember how fast the tickets for coasterstock for 2017 sold out, but I don't think it was this quick. Winter Chill Out at Cedar Point's tickets sold out quickly as well! 

• Like 1

Or it's just that coasterstock or these special events in general are rising in popularity. Remember registration for Orion's media day (that ended up not happening due to covid) went out in less than 30 minutes I believe and coasterstock last year (that also didn't happen) sold out around the same as well. Didn't happen this quickly for Mystic Timbers or Banshee media days. I don't remember how fast the tickets for coasterstock for 2017 sold out, but I don't think it was this quick. Winter Chill Out at Cedar Point's tickets sold out quickly as well! 

Coasterstock sold out in 12 hours last year, Took 15 minutes this year. It is a new record for the event.
anyone know the max number allowed this year?

Same capacity as other years.

12 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Tickets are now live. I just bought mine and we are getting night ERT on Orion both nights.

July 9

Morning Rides

• Diamondback
  • Mystic Timbers
  • Great Pumpkin Coaster
  • Flying Ace Aerial Chase
  • K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad (photo opportunity)

Night Rides

• Orion
  • The Beast
  • The Racer
  • Flight of Fear (Lights On!)
  • Backlot Stunt Coaster
  • Grand Carousel
  • Dodgem
  • Kings Mills Antique Autos

July 10

Morning Rides

• Banshee
  • The Bat
  • Adventure Express
  • Invertigo
  • Delirium
  • Drop Tower

Night Rides

• Orion
  • The Beast
  • Mystic Timbers
  • Flight of Fear (Lights Off)
  • Zephyr
  • Shake, Rattle & Roll

Where can this list be found? The KI website has not posted anything yet as far as I know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, lookie here…. Gotta say, the 2021 Coasterstock T-shirt is incredible… the itinerary is most definitely “coasterstacked”… and there’s even a cool matching wristband.  So excited to be returning to this superb event.  Counting down the days!!!

60A393C0-C308-4F98-A668-6EAB26535042.jpeg

• Like 5

Has anybody received the itinerary email yet? 

18 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Well, lookie here…. Gotta say, the 2021 Coasterstock T-shirt is incredible… the itinerary is most definitely “coasterstacked”… and there’s even a cool matching wristband.  So excited to be returning to this superb event.  Counting down the days!!!

60A393C0-C308-4F98-A668-6EAB26535042.jpeg

Did you receive this in the mail? I do not remember seeing it as an option this year when registering. 

Coasterstock 2021 Itinerary

Day 1: Friday, July 9

• 8:30 a.m. Parking Tolls Open
  • 9 a.m. -10 a.m. Complimentary Donuts
  • 9 a.m. -10:30 a.m. ERT Mystic Timbers, Great Pumpkin Coaster
  • 9 a.m. -11 a.m. E.RT Diamondback, Flying Ace Aerial Chase
  • 10 a.m. -11 a.m. K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad Photo Opportunity, Q&A
  • 11 a.m. K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad First Ride
  • 11:45 a.m. Chicken Dance Festhaus Plaza
  • 12:30 p.m. -2 p.m. Kings Island-opoly Tournament
  • 2:30 p.m. Group Photo at Eiffel Tower
  • 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. The Beast & Diamondback Behind The Scenes Photo and Video Opportunity
  • 5::30 p.m. -7 p.m. Dinner in Picnic Grove
  • 7:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. Guest Speakers/Q&A International Showplace Theatre
  • 10 p.m. -10:30 p.m. ERT Grand Carousel, Dodgem
  • 10:30 p.m. -12 a.m. ERT Orion, The Racer Flight of Fear (Lights On), The Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Kings Mills Antique Autos

Day 2: Saturday, July 10

• 8:30 a.m. Parking Tolls Open
  • 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. ERT Banshee
  • 9 a.m. -11 a.m. ERT The Bat
  • 9:30 a.m. -10 a.m. Banshee Behind The Scenes Photo and Video Opportunity
  • 10 a.m. -11 a.m. ERT Delirium, Drop Tower, Invertigo
  • 11:15 a.m. Celebrate Grand Carousel’s 95th Anniversary By Taking a Spin
  • 12:30 p.m. -2 p.m. Kings Island-opoly Championship
  • 1 p.m. -3 p.m. Kings Island: A Ride Through Time Book Signing with author Evan Ponstingle
  • 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Orion & The Racer Behind The Scenes Photo and Video Opportunity
  • 5:30 p.m. -7 p.m. Dinner in the Picnic Grove
  • 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Guest Speakers/Q&A International Showplace Theatre
  • 8:30 p.m. - Coasterstock 2021 Award Winners Showplace Theatre
  • 10 p.m. -11 p.m. ERT Shake, Rattle & Roll, Zephyr
  • 10:30 p.m. -12 a.m. ERT Orion, The Beast, Mystic Timbers, Flight of Fear (Lights Off)

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/june/coasterstock-2021-itinerary-is-coasterstacked

• Like 2