Kings Island Haunt 2021

IndyGuy4KI

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

That's the treat, I guess. The trick must be a really bad haircut. Be careful in the park this fall. Just sayin'.

This was a marketing mistake.  They used a shot from Cedar Fair's secret park, a sister park in North's Korea called Kims Island.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

This was a marketing mistake.  They used a shot from Cedar Fair's secret park, a sister park in North's Korea called Kims Island.

I’m glad you were bold enough to make that joke because I was thinking the same thing but didn’t want to stir anything. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to the park websites, Cedar Point, Canada’s Wonderland, Carowinds, and Kings Dominion are going to also have Halloween Haunt on at least Sundays. It also looks like these parks will have additional Winterfest operating days compared to Kings Island. I did not look at other Cedar Fair parks, but I think it is interesting that these parks are expanding their operating calendars while Kings Island seemingly isn’t. I don’t know what is driving these decisions, but I must admit I am a little disappointed. I am very eager to see Kings Island’s full fall and winter operating calendar and hours.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

According to the park websites, Cedar Point, Canada’s Wonderland, Carowinds, and Kings Dominion are going to also have Halloween Haunt on at least Sundays. It also looks like these parks will have additional Winterfest operating days compared to Kings Island. I did not look at other Cedar Fair parks, but I think it is interesting that these parks are expanding their operating calendars while Kings Island seemingly isn’t. I don’t know what is driving these decisions, but I must admit I am a little disappointed. I am very eager to see Kings Island’s full fall and winter operating calendar and hours.

I was hoping for the Thursdays like CP is getting. Then we could head over Thursday night for a bit, and get full Friday/Saturdays. 

• Like 1

While seeing reveals for other parks' haunted events on Screamscape (specifically, some Sea World Florida's Howl-O-Scream mazes both terrify me (an Arctic expedition maze/scare zone) and intrigue me (a jungle themed one)), I was wondering when this year's mazes will be revealed? According to the site*, Haunt tickets go on sale next Monday.

*https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/haunt

On 8/5/2021 at 11:53 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

I noticed it too. But I believe some of those parks lost more days from the pandemic than KI did. Even CP had to close on certain days early in the season.

And maybe they're waiting to make sure they can actually staff those extra hours.

• Like 1

Question about costume during the daytime: I know the Fall Festival in the daytime is going to be kids friendly. Mine 12yo is going Ticky Toby and wants to do a gory temporary tattoo with the fake blood on her face. Do you think they'd tell us to remove it? Or would I be better off bringing it with us and waiting till Haunt hours to do? 

• 2 weeks later...

All the other Cedar Fair parks have listed their mazes sand scare zones and dates.  Kings Dominion lost two scare zones even if they announce another maze . Cedar Fair got rid of Zombie High and while they kept their version of Blackout removed it from Fright Lane.  Dorney Park got rid of their Urgent Scare and Chamber of Horrors but added Enigma similar to Kings Island C.H.A.O.S.  Worlds of Fun lost their version called Khaos Unleashed which is sad because it was three times longer than the one at Kings Island and was full of actors but even down one house their line up is my favorite so far. Let’s hope Kings Island not only has the most houses but adds more actors. That was my real complaint before the pandemic I hope they can be staffed good and they give the mic to the Undertaker to entertain us all evening.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm kind of upset that the park is this far behind the rest of the chain. I don't mean to be a debby downer all the time, honestly; but the fact that Dorney Park even has their Haunt lineup out before the park does. I understand that we live in a very different time, but to be this late and to be behind less invested parks kind of tilts me. 

I get that the park operates and moves in the direction it dictates, and honestly they don't have to announce what they're getting. It is just worrisome for someone, like myself, who actually cares about the event as frankly it has been going down hill for a few years. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BB1 said:

Honestly, I'm kind of upset that the park is this far behind the rest of the chain. I don't mean to be a debby downer all the time, honestly; but the fact that Dorney Park even has their Haunt lineup out before the park does. I understand that we live in a very different time, but to be this late and to be behind less invested parks kind of tilts me. 

I get that the park operates and moves in the direction it dictates, and honestly they don't have to announce what they're getting. It is just worrisome for someone, like myself, who actually cares about the event as frankly it has been going down hill for a few years. 

I just wanted to know before August 25th so I can make alternate Bday plans if needed. The alternate place has to booked 30 days out, and it's cutting it a bit close. 

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

Camp Cedar again?

That's the original plan and already booked, but if Haunt gets cut and we have to do an actual Bday party with family & friends, the building near us that rents out has to be done 30 days in advance. We don't have room for gatherings at home. 

On 8/19/2021 at 10:06 PM, PKIDelirium said:

A retheme or hiatus for Urgent Scare wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Dorney's list says that Urgent Scare has been "retired" and replaced, all things considering I expect that will be chainwide, or at least for every park that has an Urgent Scare.

I use to really like Kings Island Haunt when they let the Undertaker have the mic all night. He knew how to set the mood. He made it seem scarier than it was in a fun way. Sadly though I still like the amount of mazes Kings Island usually has the mazes or houses have been under staffed for the last six years or so. In fact the scare zones are the same way. When they got rid of Hot Blooded they didn’t replace it with anything close to as good as it was either.  Still when I spoke with someone over the Haunt about those issues  they would say they won the best haunt award so they must be doing something right. Then the very next year the same place that gave them that award gave it to Dollywood Great Pumpkin light event for kids. Lol 

I sent them the article but I doubt it will result in a better haunt. They know people come anyway. I just wish they would list the mazes and scare zones so I can decide if it might be worth a trip. Keep your skeleton fingers crossed. 

5 hours ago, Barbara said:

I use to really like Kings Island Haunt when they let the Undertaker have the mic all night. He knew how to set the mood. He made it seem scarier than it was in a fun way. Sadly though I still like the amount of mazes Kings Island usually has the mazes or houses have been under staffed for the last six years or so. In fact the scare zones are the same way. When they got rid of Hot Blooded they didn’t replace it with anything close to as good as it was either.  Still when I spoke with someone over the Haunt about those issues  they would say they won the best haunt award so they must be doing something right. Then the very next year the same place that gave them that award gave it to Dollywood Great Pumpkin light event for kids. Lol 

I sent them the article but I doubt it will result in a better haunt. They know people come anyway. I just wish they would list the mazes and scare zones so I can decide if it might be worth a trip. Keep your skeleton fingers crossed. 

They’ll announce the contents of Haunt in the next few weeks. Typically it’s after Labor Day, though. It’s going to be interesting to see what they do about Live E this year. They have that Witches’ Cauldron stage set up where Busker Jam was, but the bandstand is stripped except for its risers (home to whatever they called Blood Drums in 2019), the KI Theater has been mothballed all year, and the Showplace doesn’t even have the canopy over it. Of course, we are still a few weeks out. Somehow I doubt that they will have many mazes this year. So basically you will have the busiest time of year, more pass holders than ever, free admission for 2022 Gold Pass, bring a friend tickets that are good on Haunt Fridays, and a limited number of attractions opening. 

I’ve never thought Haunt was that scary but this year will be particularly interesting. 

15 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Starting to wonder if there will be a Haunt now. Covid cases in the area are rising dramatically. Hospitals in the local area are now at 90%+ full with Covid cases.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wlwt.com/amp/article/northern-kentucky-hospitals-filling-up-fast-with-covid-19-patients/37388701

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think KI will have Haunt and Winterfest.  Keep in mind that Huant doesn`t start for another month.  A lot can happen in that time.  Yes, cases locally are rising, but there are signs, particularly in the south in states like Florida, where cases are peaking or starting to decline.  Again, one of the best ways to protect oneself is to get the vaccine.

• Like 1