Kings Island Haunt 2021

IndyGuy4KI

17 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Starting to wonder if there will be a Haunt now. Covid cases in the area are rising dramatically. Hospitals in the local area are now at 90%+ full with Covid cases.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wlwt.com/amp/article/northern-kentucky-hospitals-filling-up-fast-with-covid-19-patients/37388701

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haunt is almost certainly going to happen, brings in way too much money. Also I don’t think the threat of covid is really going to scare off a large amount of Kings Islands clientele to be honest.  

That's not a lot of mazes. I get it, though. Gotta go with what allows for social distancing. Speaking of, I wonder if they'll only group people together by their actual party without any strangers or anything.

Completely unsurprised to see Urgent Scare out this year. I'm a bit surprised that no Blackout replacement was announced. I have to assume Cornered is going in Tower Gardens? It's a bit surprising to me that Field of Screams isn't being used in its original location--I feel like Cornered is going to be all of FoS's props relocated to the front of the park.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

That's not a lot of mazes. I get it, though. Gotta go with what allows for social distancing. Speaking of, I wonder if they'll only group people together by their actual party without any strangers or anything.

Completely unsurprised to see Urgent Scare out this year. I'm a bit surprised that no Blackout replacement was announced. I have to assume Cornered is going in Tower Gardens? It's a bit surprising to me that Field of Screams isn't being used in its original location--I feel like Cornered is going to be all of FoS's props relocated to the front of the park.

What a little odd is frightlane shows 5 houses. Killmart being the 5th

So the website currently lists four mazes: C.H.A.O.S., Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror, Slaughter House, and the new Cornered. Is it just not fully updated, or is the park axing over half of its mazes: Blackout, Wolf Pack, Field of Screams, Urgent Scare, and Kill Mart? That's very unfortunate if so. Are they not expecting a large turnout for this event or something? 

• Like 1

Interesting to see Field of Screams gone (or re-worked?) for this season. Oh well. Also, having less mazes reminds me of how the first few years of FearFest were as they had more rides than mazes (I never attended because I was too young and too scared, but I know there weren't a ton of mazes advertised at first). Should be an interesting Haunt season, though...

EDIT: I see they brought all the Scare Zones back (minus Dance of the Macabre)

22 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Less mazes may mean longer line :(

So is it Camp Cedar for your birthday or your alternative plans?

Unless there are reservations and a cap, can you imagine how crowded KI will be during Haunt this year?  Wonder how many times the grassy area south of the paved parking lot will be used on Haunt Saturdays...

1 hour ago, Winterfestguy said:

Fright lane is pricey for a Saturday - $70 for 5 mazes is being advertised.  That’s more than last season for 7 mazes (Blackout and Urgent Scare appear retired in 2021).

I did buy FastLane+ for the first time ever for a Saturday during Haunt. I had full intentions of buying Fright Lane as well. $70 for 5 mazes that YOU CAN ONLY USE ONCE. $14 per person to skip a line per scare attraction. I couldn't do it.  

2 hours ago, TombraiderTy said:

So the website currently lists four mazes: C.H.A.O.S., Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror, Slaughter House, and the new Cornered. Is it just not fully updated, or is the park axing over half of its mazes: Blackout, Wolf Pack, Field of Screams, Urgent Scare, and Kill Mart? That's very unfortunate if so. Are they not expecting a large turnout for this event or something? 

Kill mart is on the list to be open. 

And like I said, this will be interesting…

Blackout and Wolf Pack in years past always felt understaffed. I guess if only having 5 mazes open means more scare actors per maze, it could be more quality over quantity. Still, I do see this being a problem for lines. With only 5 mazes open, we could be seeing some insane maze lines. Also I assume Field of Screams moved because since it might be hard to access that location because of Orion being there now.

• Like 1

My guess is the lack of mazes is probably a staffing issue. Maybe if they are able to secure more staff they will add more to the list. Also as CoasterJack said, more scare actors per haunt would not be a bad thing either. I often felt like many of them were understaffed as is. Maybe they can also dedicate more scare actors to the scare zones as well. Generally there hardly seem to be any in them.

1 hour ago, thebassline said:

I did buy FastLane+ for the first time ever for a Saturday during Haunt. I had full intentions of buying Fright Lane as well. $70 for 5 mazes that YOU CAN ONLY USE ONCE. $14 per person to skip a line per scare attraction. I couldn't do it.  

That does seem high for only 5 mazes. (maybe 6 if it allows an extra one of your choice like past years). Think they should have lowered the price to $50. I'd probably have to pass on that as well.

Will be curious what lines are like for it with only 5 mazes. When they had 10-12 mazes, lines would easily exceed an hour each. Wonder if they will limit admission (doubt it) or if lines will just end up being huge for it. 

• Like 1

I will definitely not be there. You would assume less houses more actors but I doubt it. When there was no pandemic there was one actor for all of a Saturday night inside CHAOS and people still talked like it was good.  I can’t imagine not buying Fright Lane if I came but there is no way there 5 houses will be as good as Cedar Point’s five. Actually they have 6 but only five on Fright Lane.  Kings Island Haunt  is a hard pass from me. 

5 hours ago, disco2000 said:

So is it Camp Cedar for your birthday or your alternative plans?

Unless there are reservations and a cap, can you imagine how crowded KI will be during Haunt this year?  Wonder how many times the grassy area south of the paved parking lot will be used on Haunt Saturdays...

Camp Cedar, hopefully no reservations for park access. So we'll be celebrating a 13th birthday with Haunt, and I don't have to clean after a party lol. Frightlane and a stop at Barnes & Nobles is her Bday wish.  

3 hours ago, TombraiderTy said:

It wasn't when I made my post, suggesting that they're still updating the website. Hopefully that means some of the other ones not yet included will be added...

Frightlane only lists 5 houses, I'd assume that's it. Wouldn't argue if more got added though. 

Haunt is almost certainly going to happen, brings in way too much money. Also I don’t think the threat of covid is really going to scare off a large amount of Kings Islands clientele to be honest.  

That’s why the business has to be the adult. People being selfish children are the reason we are in the predicament we are now. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Maybe it’s staffing or maybe Haunt is starting to take a new direction with less and less mazes and more focus on family daytime events - it was just a few years ago you got 11 mazes with one special escape room (the viewing) along with a souvenir skeleton key with Haunt FastLane for $50 ($4.16 each) 

EAE37D44-C193-488D-AAB1-E0B9CC98244C.jpeg

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Winterfestguy said:

Maybe it’s staffing or maybe Haunt is starting to take a new direction with less and less mazes and more focus on family daytime events - it was just a few years ago you got 11 mazes with one special escape room (the viewing) along with a souvenir skeleton key with Haunt FastLane for $50 ($4.16 each) 

EAE37D44-C193-488D-AAB1-E0B9CC98244C.jpeg

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the more family oriented approach. I like how Tricks and Treats Fall Fest throughout the entire park instead of just The Great Pumpkin Fest in Planet Snoopy. I know some people miss the mazes, and I understand that. I wish Kings Island would focus on building mazes that are outside of the midways and hidden from the rest of the park. Since Wolf Pack is not returning, I kind of hope the old Son of Beast is demolished because it is an eyesore in my opinion.

• Like 3