Kings Island Haunt 2021

IndyGuy4KI

15 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I think it was $49.99 for 9 tastings during Carnivale.

Actually it was 9 for $45 (for season pass holders) ($5 per taste).  With how successful it was it's no surprise that it would go up in price with the supply-demand.  With such a large rise I would expect slightly larger portions.  

Either way with the state of the culinary team at KI, I'm in and looking forward to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robintodd said:

Actually it was 9 for $45 (for season pass holders) ($5 per taste).  With how successful it was it's no surprise that it would go up in price with the supply-demand.  With such a large rise I would expect slightly larger portions.  

Either way with the state of the culinary team at KI, I'm in and looking forward to it.

I’d be open to the 6. I’m just having trouble justifying the $75.  

On 8/27/2021 at 5:41 PM, Winterfestguy said:

Interesting Universal is installing g clear plastic dividers in their houses.  Wonder if Cedar Fair is thinking something similar for their indoor mazes.

D34D0323-DB42-4096-BB6B-C61AFBDC4A67.jpeg

From the reviews I read last year, it didn't interfere too much with the scares. Some plastic was dummy spots that drew people's attention away from the scare actor location. 

Also they handed out 1 glow stick to the 1st person in each party to easily identify groups. And had some team members staged to keep groups separated. I kinda like the glowstick idea. And wish there was some better spacing of groups, it was like a conga line through Urgent Scare in 2019, with some woman that kept grabbing my husband to use as a shield. 

40 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

From the reviews I read last year, it didn't interfere too much with the scares. Some plastic was dummy spots that drew people's attention away from the scare actor location. 

Also they handed out 1 glow stick to the 1st person in each party to easily identify groups. And had some team members staged to keep groups separated. I kinda like the glowstick idea. And wish there was some better spacing of groups, it was like a conga line through Urgent Scare in 2019, with some woman that kept grabbing my husband to use as a shield. 

I saw that on a Youtube video of one of the mazes and thought that was pretty clever! Also, what night did you go through Urgent Scare in 2019? Though my regular maze was Field of Screams, I was in Urgent Scare the last night of Haunt due to the rain.

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

I saw that on a Youtube video of one of the mazes and thought that was pretty clever! Also, what night did you go through Urgent Scare in 2019? Though my regular maze was Field of Screams, I was in Urgent Scare the last night of Haunt due to the rain.

We went the first Saturday of Haunt. 

Field of Screams was a blast, 12yos favorite and was her "let's go again" maze :lol:

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 10:00 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the more family oriented approach. I like how Tricks and Treats Fall Fest throughout the entire park instead of just The Great Pumpkin Fest in Planet Snoopy. I know some people miss the mazes, and I understand that. I wish Kings Island would focus on building mazes that are outside of the midways and hidden from the rest of the park. Since Wolf Pack is not returning, I kind of hope the old Son of Beast is demolished because it is an eyesore in my opinion.

I also hope the Son of Beast station finally comes down. It's interesting that one of the two purpose-built maze buildings isn't being used this year (Blackout, the other being Slaughterhouse).

Also interesting that Action Zone has no haunted houses this year at all. If I remember correctly, there there was a time that there were three mazes in that area at the same time (Club Blood, Wolf Pack, original Slaughterhouse).

• Like 3

I also hope the Son of Beast station finally comes down. It's interesting that one of the two purpose-built maze buildings isn't being used this year (Blackout, the other being Slaughterhouse).
Also interesting that Action Zone has no haunted houses this year at all. If I remember correctly, there there was a time that there were three mazes in that area at the same time (Club Blood, Wolf Pack, original Slaughterhouse).

Connect the dots and you will see a bigger picture. Wolf Pack, Blackout hmmm….then again it could be nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 1

Quick question: Is there going to be a Halloween Haunt map for 2021? This might seem like a silly question since they always have a map, but I've noticed that KI usually posts their Haunt map on Twitter before Haunt starts and they haven't done that yet. I'm a collector of these maps and I just was wondering. Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Orion13 said:

Quick question: Is there going to be a Halloween Haunt map for 2021? This might seem like a silly question since they always have a map, but I've noticed that KI usually posts their Haunt map on Twitter before Haunt starts and they haven't done that yet. I'm a collector of these maps and I just was wondering. Thanks!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/haunt/attractions

Click on Map near the top of the page (on the right, next to list).

• Like 1

Lost Backwoods Bayou, Urgent Scare, Rivertown Reaping, Dance of the Macabre, Blackout, and Wolfpack.

Traded Field of Screams for Corn-ered

Backwoods Bayou and Wolfpack were both bottom of the pack to a lot of people. Urgent Scare and Rivertown Reaping were most likely cut due to the pandemic (Hospital and Plague doctors) Blackout was probably a similar reason due to touching the walls to work your way around the maze. Dance of the Macabre was under the Eiffel Tower which is getting its repaint.

All of these moves make since to me, and I can say that we have a rather good and large crew for Slaughterhouse this year. I have always been a quality over quantity guy. 

Plus with all the food offerings and Tricks or Treats Fallfest, I think we are going to have a great season. I hope to see many of you there. Come visit Slaughterhouse for the freshest cuts of meat in town. We are dying to "meat" you.

• Like 8

They also cut Haunted Homecoming from the live entertainment.   The budget cuts in entertainment are purely to make more profit with a lesser guest experience.    

They sure didn’t cut live entertainment for pandemic reasons.  There are no pandemic protocols left…

All these cuts result in a crowded park with fewer attractions and a worse guest experience.   They won’t maintain pass sales with that formula.  

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, JimParker85 said:

Busch Gardens Williamsburg joins Carowinds in banning all bags from evening Haunt operating hours. Wonder if it spreads further? 

Outrageous.  Next they will come for our cargo shorts and soon after pockets altogether.  Eventually even us men will have no option but to wear yoga pants and it will be the scariest most terrifying Haunt ever!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6