ERT Returns in 2021 at Kings Island

IndyGuy4KI

I certainly hope not.  That would not go over well at KI (and likely will not at CP for that matter).  I get the need to control labor costs, but this just seems like a short sighted move.  Lets go to the park, but we have to get there two hours before they close to get in line for any big attraction before they cut the line off 90 minutes before park close.

• Like 4

Do not forget the park is opening one hour later than in 2019 and one hour later than Cedar Point this year. Also that page seems to contradict itself. It states that early entry is good every day through Oct 31 except Haunt fridays. But early entry does not seem to be happening until May 28 either. It skips the first 2 weekends the park is open to the public.

Editing this to say that I think they corrected the error on the website and it has now been reworded to state that early entry starts on May 28.

• Like 2

I'm really glad the park has brought back ERT.  Looking at the list, it looks like they made some very good decisions by making sure Orion is always included, as well as Great Pumpkin Coaster. 

ERT is really different between Cedar Point and Kings Island.  Hotels full of people are the main reason.  Steel Vengeance continues to be a maintenance hog at Cedar Point.  It also sees heavy crowds from open to close.  Orion is probably the most comparable ride, but it doesn't appear to need anywhere near the same amount of nightly maintenance.  A more comparable situation would be if The Beast were busy from open to close with very large crowds.  Notice that The Beast is not listed for any ERT.  If we guess why, it is likely related to the lengthy time it takes to check it every morning. 

So far there is no indication any line closing policy has been changed.  It seems to me it would have been changed already due to the noise complaints rather than any operational costs.  Most of crowds at Kings Island seem to leave before evening, which is why they have nightly fireworks and Grand Carnivale. 

So far we've been told Coasterstock is returning and so is ERT.  That's +2 over 2020 already.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Rule changes are probably a little tougher at KI than Cedar Point because of the season pass base. I hope they realize that. Then, with the exception of The Beast, the lines at close are typically non existent. 

I can attest to this, based on the numerous number of Night Rides I've gotten on coasters right before close (specifically, I'm thinking of Adventure Express and The Bat). One time, I marathoned The Bat 5 times in a row (one of the other riders with me got about 10 rides or so, IIRC); good times! B)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I know this is off-topic, but does anyone know If The Beast will have the red, orange, and yellow color scheme on their trains this year?

I would assume so, I don't see any point in repainting them back to red, the orange, yellow, and red look good.

• Like 3