Bigger Than Top Thrill Dragster

Coaster-King

Personally I really like the name, it's something different and for that I applaud Six Flags. The new section of the park looks incredible from the animated shots, I like the direction they are trying to take with this addition.

For those who say it's uncreative, TTD set the standard for coasters that are going to break records. Until new technology comes along there is not much that coaster designers can do to mix it up. The bunny hill added into this coaster should add an extra thrill to an already great concept.

I don't care whether it's a clone or not, TTD is an incredible expierence, and I am sure Kingda Ka will be the same.

• Like 2

Well obviously Kingda Ka has set the new record. But TTD was still the first. And I know Cedar Point - they will not allow somebody else to hold on to the record for long. Expect a record breaker in 2006 or 2007. I guess they could get one for 2005, but I highly doubt it - we would have heard something by now.

How high can they go?

FearFest tomorrow! laugh.gif

• 11 years later...

Additionally, with going taller, you have to go faster.  We've already reached 150 mph on a coaster, but I have to think being in an open air vehicle at high speeds gets uncomfortable at some point unless you add windshields or enclose the cars.  The g forces for launching that fast over a relatively short distance would come into question as well.   Any sort of bump will be magnified.  

Going taller also means thinner, cooler air. 

The average human body (thinking of GP here) can only go through so much and be comfortable.  

• Like 3