Kings Island 2021 Discussion

coaster sally

I have to admit, I love coasters but the biggest thing I'm looking forward to in 2021 is the food.  Chef Major and his team were unbelievable last year and I'm hoping the Saturday specials are back (and on the meal plan :)).  First time I've look forward to FOOD for a theme park season.  Well done culinary team!

• Like 4

On 4/5/2021 at 5:58 PM, nkyaaron78 said:

I missed the window(s) in 2020, I think there were 2? So, I had to buy this year but it will be worth it. 

When did they open it for sale?  I must have missed it because it says sold out now.  Ran thru my emails fron KI and didn't get one that said they were available.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:38 AM, Rallyomalley said:

When did they open it for sale?  I must have missed it because it says sold out now.  Ran thru my emails fron KI and didn't get one that said they were available.

From what I understand there was one at the beginning of the season before park open and I read somewhere on here a second one happened around the July/August timeframe I think. I never got any emails either & those windows I just got from posts I read. 

• 2 weeks later...

Full update on safety protocols.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/welcoming-you-back

Changes from Last Season: 

• Reservations will only be required for visiting Soak City Water Park. Both Season Passholders and Single Day Ticketholders will need reservations for Soak City. 
  • Temperature checks for guests have been discontinued at the front gate. 
  • The health screen questionnaire will be conducted by associates at the front gate and will not be conducted  through the Kings Island mobile app. 
  • There will be no limitations to ride capacity for most rides. 
  • Guests aged 10 years and older are required to wear face coverings while indoors, unless actively eating and drinking. Face coverings are not required outdoors unless it is not possible to maintain 6’ of social distancing. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape. 
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like masks policies will be impossible to enforce.

• There will be no limitations to ride capacity, but social distancing remains in place while waiting in line. 
  • Guests aged 10 years and older are required to wear face coverings while indoors, unless actively eating and drinking. Face coverings are not required outdoors unless it is not possible to maintain 6’ of social distancing. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape.

Does not say how many Soak City days we can reserve, does that mean unlimited?

So I'm confused by this bit on the reservation site:
Kings Island Reopening | Health & Safety Plan | Kings Island (visitkingsisland.com)

"Kings Island and Soak City Water Park will open with limited capacity so you can maintain proper social distancing from other guests. To ensure that happens, you will need to purchase tickets or Season Passes online in advance for your visit..."

So how does this work for the dry park season pass holders for limited capacity? Last year you made a reservation for the dry park as well.... Just get there early and hope they don't meet capacity? 

Just now, thebassline said:

Kings Island Reopening | Health & Safety Plan | Kings Island (visitkingsisland.com)

"Kings Island and Soak City Water Park will open with limited capacity so you can maintain proper social distancing from other guests. To ensure that happens, you will need to purchase tickets or Season Passes online in advance for your visit..."

So how does this work for the dry park season pass holders for limited capacity? Last year you made a reservation for the dry park as well.... Just get there early and hope they don't meet capacity? 

Dry park is a free for all.  No reservations.

30 minutes ago, thebassline said:

No need to get there early, unless you're especially concerned.  It shouldn't be a problem.  If the park expected a problem, reservations would be required for the main park as well.

Park reservations last year were initially to both limit the total number of guests in the park, and the number of guests gathered at the gate waiting to get in.  They weren't sure if normal patterns of guests showing up throughout the day would hold, and didn't want a mass gathering at the gate with people packed in tight.

From analyzing guest patterns last year (when people arrive, how long they stay, etc.), they've concluded that they have enough capacity and guests will stagger their arrivals and departures in a way that makes reservations unnecessary.  Operational capacity should be greatly increased because they're not blocking off half the rows on most roller coastesr, for instance.  More riders per hour, more hours in the operating day, more guests the park can handle, less need for reservations. :) 

• Like 1

Sad to see them not requiring mask outdoors, or at least on the rides and queues. Considering Ohios so far has a low vaccination uptake compared to other states, such as California I probably won't visit the park until July or until cases go down significantly from the present daily average.

I am so excited by this news; I will finally be able to go to the park this season (wasn't able to go last season)! Very much looking forward to riding my favorites in Action Zone as well as taking my first rides on Orion! B) See ya'll on Opening Weekend (not sure if I'll be going Saturday or Sunday)!

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Sad to see them not requiring mask outdoors, or at least on the rides and queues. Considering Ohios so far has a low vaccination uptake compared to other states, such as California I probably won't visit the park until July or until cases go down significantly from the present daily average.

Dr. Fauci said yesterday that the risk from outdoor spread is "miniscule".    

I'm glad Cedar Fair is following the science.   This is great news.

• Like 7

This is definitely great news.  We have both been vaccinated and I've been counting down the days until the season pass days.  Just not sure if we'll wear masks in line or if we will discard them.  All the "science" is pointing to minimal risk, as others have said, for outside venues and thus I will probably keep the mask in my pocket.  I'm more excited about full train operations.  The coasters can get back to cranking people through and lines will be more normal.  Less than two weeks to go!!

• Like 7

Super excited to not have to wear a mask outside all day every day I’m working, the heat will be much more bearable. I’ll still keep one in my pocket in the event that someone feels uncomfortable with me not wearing one, but I have a feeling that won’t happen much.
I’m also assuming these guidelines apply to associates as well, but I suppose we’ll see. They did still give me two masks during processing yesterday, just like they did last season. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

Masks on rides are recommended, not mandatory.  So basically no one will wear lol.

Screenshot_20210426-112951_Twitter.jpg

909241adb620cc187d82c7213d6679cf.png

Last line here states you do not have to wear masks on outdoor rides.. I have both shots so I'm glad we will not have to wear masks in the heat and looks like they will not be enforcing masks outdoors at all.

• Like 8