Kings Island 2021 Discussion

coaster sally

"Face coverings are not required outdoors unless it is not possible to maintain 6’ of social distancing."

There is zero chance groups can keep 6 feet distance in the walkways around the park, yet alone in ride lines or on the ride itself. So basically masks are still mandatory.

• Confused 3

19 minutes ago, robt said:

"Face coverings are not required outdoors unless it is not possible to maintain 6’ of social distancing."

There is zero chance groups can keep 6 feet distance in the walkways around the park, yet alone in ride lines or on the ride itself. So basically masks are still mandatory.

If that were the case, they would still say they are mandatory especially on rides. Here's straight from the KI website: 

• There will be no limitations to ride capacity for most rides. Face coverings are recommended for outdoor rides and required for indoor rides.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, robt said:

Last couple posts on page 2 would prove otherwise.

A little disappointed that they announced that they initially won’t do indoor shows, but other than that I’m very very happy with the changes.  I went to Dollywood yesterday and they have similar protocols. It was so freeing to not wear a mask on the midways. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

It was so freeing to not wear a mask on the midways. 

This will change our family's summer/fall to a certain extent no question. No masks outside is a game-changer for us. And it's not because we don't want to follow the science or any of that nonsense, because we have. Masks are just not fun in extended use---at least not for us. Only made a couple visits last year, but we'll be at the park many times this year that is for sure. Got our shots, and ready to go!

6 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

This will change our family's summer/fall to a certain extent no question. No masks outside is a game-changer for us. And it's not because we don't want to follow the science or any of that nonsense, because we have. Masks are just not fun in extended use---at least not for us. Only made a couple visits last year, but we'll be at the park many times this year that is for sure. Got our shots, and ready to go!

Even Dr Fauchi said that the risk was minuscule for transmission in an outdoor, socially distanced setting. Can’t blame KI for last year as we didn’t know what we didn’t know. Dollywood’s mask enforcement for indoor areas and in queues and on rides was excellent. I’m the type of guy that spends every moment at KI that I can. Last year I went for a few hours on Saturdays. Really bad hours and hot sweaty masks just made it so the temptation to go just wasn’t there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

If we create a new thread for everything then why have this thread at all?

I’m not a moderator, but when I was, I never would have allowed a thread like this. Too big of an umbrella.  “The 2021 season” is so broad that it would cover new entertainment, food, events, etc etc etc. it just makes the conversation a mess and makes it very hard to find information. It’s also not very welcoming to new users. No disrespect intended to anyone, but that’s just how I feel about mega-threads. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

So if Busker Jam is gonna be at the Mystic Timbers truck how is that gonna work with roller coaster noise and the sound effects in the queue line?

I don’t think it will be near the entrance to Mystic Timbers. That would create too much crowding and block people from entering the ride. I think it will likely be around Rivertown Pizza with a truck pulled up next to the stage.

• Like 1

Just now, grsupercity said:

I have high hopes that all the parks will get love in the up coming years. Since Cedar Fair purchased the paramount parks investments have been very top heavy. 

I don't care if the small parks get anything or not.  Besides there is no ROI in those areas.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

I don't care if the small parks get anything or not.  Besides there is no ROI in those areas.

So Dorney, WOF, MIA, and VF dont a turn a profit and KI, KD, CP CW and Knotts support them ? Because those parks made money and supported investments before CF dumped over a billion on the paramount parks. I heard that KI had no attendance increase with Banshee and only a 1 or 2 % with Mystic Timbers 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

So Dorney, WOF, MIA, and VF dont a turn a profit and KI, KD, CP CW and Knotts support them ? Because those parks made money and supported investments before CF dumped over a billion on the paramount parks. I heard that KI had no attendance increase with Banshee and only a 1 or 2 % with Mystic Timbers 

Those parks won't have any increases.  It was still an increase with Mystic Timbers even though it was one of the hottest summers and one of the wettest springs on record.

• Like 1

Well I am on the wrong site. I am a amusement park fan not a one park fanboy. I am well traveled and try to go to 5 or 6 new parks a year. I like the 6 flags method of sharing the love and not feeding only a couple. I came to this site to talk coasters and amusement parks. Clearly this site has a bias one way of thinking. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

Wasn't it Diamondback that didn't have an increase? And I think Mystic Timbers was 2%.

Also be careful when comparing percentages. Kings Island attendance is much higher than many other parks which makes for lower percentages. Additions may also be made simply to keep attendance up rather than increase it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grsupercity said:

Well I am on the wrong site. I am a amusement park fan not a one park fanboy. I am well traveled and try to go to 5 or 6 new parks a year. I like the 6 flags method of sharing the love and not feeding only a couple. I came to this site to talk coasters and amusement parks. Clearly this site has a bias one way of thinking. 

So this is a site where you will learn more than you could imagine about Kings Island, so if that somehow offends, I guess you're right. This thread, for example, is simply awesome for anybody who grew up with Kings Island.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grsupercity said:

This is not true. Diamondback saw a "near record-breaking year," according to Dick Kinzel. Banshee saw a significant attendance increase and was the reason why Mystic Timbers came only three years later, according to Greg Scheid. Mystic Timbers resulted in the highest-attendance year since 1998, according to Mike Koontz.

I know you're going off the TEA numbers, but those are totally wrong. Cedar Fair said that Knott's Berry Farm surpassed 6 million in attendance for 2018, but the TEA numbers for that year was 4 million. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

would fireworks be on passholder preview?

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/entertainment/fireworks

This page states there will be fireworks tomorrow Sat May 8th. There was also fireworks on passholder preview night in 2019 when the park was open on a Friday from 5-10pm. The difference is this year for the first time ever Fast Lane is valid on preview night.

• Like 1