Kings Island 2021 Discussion

coaster sally

25 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/entertainment/fireworks This page states there will be fireworks tomorrow Sat May 8th. There was also fireworks on passholder preview night in 2019 when the park was open on a Friday from 5-10pm. The difference is this year for the first time ever Fast Lane is valid on preview night.

I can understand ASFLP but they are selling daily FLP, don't understand that.

Also, closing certain lines should be on the FAQ's IMO.

2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

I can understand ASFLP but they are selling daily FLP, don't understand that.

Also, closing certain lines should be on the FAQ's IMO.

I do not think Kings Island is closing any ride lines early this year because after Kings Island started having more 10:00 PM closures last year, they stopped closing ride lines early like they did in the beginning of the season. I guess we’ll find out for sure tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I do not think Kings Island is closing any ride lines early this year because after Kings Island started having more 10:00 PM closures last year, they stopped closing ride lines early like they did in the beginning of the season. I guess we’ll find out for sure tomorrow.

Just got home from friends and family night and everything was open right up to 9:00 which was when they closed tonight.

• Like 3

I am loving seeing all these updates in this thread and the "Current Wait times" thread. While driving by today, the parking lot looked packed (which is a VERY good sign) and I could see Drop Zone, The Bat and WindSeeker running. This is getting me really excited for next Sunday! :D I am just so ready to come back to the park after being gone for a year due to the pandemic.

• Like 3

Having not set foot in a park since late 2019 (Winterfest/SFMM), it was almost comforting to just walk around the park. Planned to tackle an Orion credit, but that was quickly dashed the moment I pulled up into the parking lot. It's quite a sight to see in person, I'll say that much.

When you see queue lines for just food and even the bathroom almost anywhere you walk, you know it's time to just hedge your bets and just hit up the park on another day and not feel bad about it. Let's just say I'm glad that 2020 passholders were given 2021 as a consolation.

Guess I underestimated how many people were itching to get out and around because of the pandemic. I'm sure CF as a whole will have better days ahead thanks to rising vaccinations.

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone that posted updates and pics of the park yesterday!  I missed last year (first year I've missed since 2003), and can't wait to go in a couple weeks.  It's so great to see views from in the park.  Thanks again!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, silver2005 said:

There was an ennthusiast in line for DB trying to explain enthusiast language to the GP and it was hilarious, glazed look from the GP and he just kept going. 

Was this at night? Guy with glasses in a Toledo jacket?

That was hilarious to watch. The look on the mom's face was priceless, as the family stayed huddled together and tried to keep their distance. Even my 11 year old son was cracking up at the scene. Those poor folks were stuck in that moment nonstop for 45 minutes.

"So... so... Intimidator 305, or, I-305 as WE like to call it..."

What a line!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, silver2005 said:

There was an ennthusiast in line for DB trying to explain enthusiast language to the GP and it was hilarious, glazed look from the GP and he just kept going. 

That's a thoosie.

18 minutes ago, shadowscare said:

Was this at night? Guy with glasses in a Toledo jacket?

That was hilarious to watch. The look on the mom's face was priceless, as the family stayed huddled together and tried to keep their distance. Even my 11 year old son was cracking up at the scene. Those poor folks were stuck in that moment nonstop for 45 minutes.

"So... so... Intimidator 305, or, I-305 as WE like to call it..."

What a line!

At least he was talking about a good coaster.

I am surprised that Kings Island is loading every other row on Flight of Fear. Disney and Universal use every row on their indoor rollercoasters, so it is weird that Kings Island doesn’t. Flight of Fear is the worst ride to have a limited capacity this season as its normal capacity is not good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am surprised that Kings Island is loading every other row on Flight of Fear. Disney and Universal use every row on their indoor rollercoasters, so it is weird that Kings Island doesn’t. Flight of Fear is the worst ride to have a limited capacity this season as its normal capacity is not good.

I rode FOF earlier today and they were loading all of the rows. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

That is interesting because in this trip report from yesterday, it claims that every other row was being filled. It could be that Kings Island has already changed this policy. Also, for those of you who went yesterday, did the park seem prepared for the crowds? Were most food venues open or was it like last year where a lot of food stands were closed?

https://www.themeparkarchive.com/updates/kings-island-gold-and-platinum-passholder-preview-weekend-2021

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That is Interesting because in this trip report from yesterday, it claims that every other row was being filled. It could be that Kings Island has already changed this policy. Also, for those of you who went yesterday, did the park seem prepared for the crowds? Were most food venues open or was it like last year where a lot of food stands were closed?

https://www.themeparkarchive.com/updates/kings-island-gold-and-platinum-passholder-preview-weekend-2021

I don't think there would be any way they could have prepared for yesterday!  In spite of the challenges, I cannot say enough positive things about the employees.  They were slow, but smiling and cheery.

The only closed places I saw were: Rivertown Freestyle, Rivertown refill by arcade, Rivertown Funnel Cakes, Subway.  (Funnel and Subway could have been because it was later in the day.) 

Paradise Island was open, which seems rare to me!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I don't think there would be any way they could have prepared for yesterday!  In spite of the challenges, I cannot say enough positive things about the employees.  They were slow, but smiling and cheery.

The only closed places I saw were: Rivertown Freestyle, Rivertown refill by arcade, Rivertown Funnel Cakes, Subway.  (Funnel and Subway could have been because it was later in the day.) 

That is good to hear!

That is interesting because in this trip report from yesterday, it claims that every other row was being filled. It could be that Kings Island has already changed this policy. Also, for those of you who went yesterday, did the park seem prepared for the crowds? Were most food venues open or was it like last year where a lot of food stands were closed?

I confirmed with the rest of my group: they were loading all rows today. 

50 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Subway was open but I saw them closing down around 4:00 or 5:00. Likely staffing. 

• Like 1

I think it was a combination of factors that lead to the craziness yesterday. Understaffed in some locations, first day on the job for many, and the weather forecast for Sunday looked pitiful so anyone that wanted to go this weekend, showed up on Saturday.

If the forecast for each day was similar, it would have spread out the crowds a bit more.

• Like 2