Kings Island 2021 Discussion

coaster sally

I was referring to Orion lol. I forget all the time that the park even has actual shows. Showpiece meaning that it’s a huge draw for guests and it IS something to behold! Man… he’s pretty. All B&M coasters are elegant. But I digress

• Haha 1

So you think they cut the hours two days before what would be a large holiday weekend crowd spending money in the park due to wage increases....why not do like CP and cut some days out - that would have a bigger savings...

Actually more time was needed to set up the DJ dance party:P

22 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Nope, park changed the hours.  This weekend and next were scheduled for 10pm close...

So they have themselves in a PR pickle LOL - so they say this change is due to insufficient staffing despite them claiming to the media they are properly staffed ...so did a lot of people quit after last weekend or was the park giving a little white lie about being properly staffed...

Did Kings Island ever release a reason for cutting the hours? If I had to guess, it is because of what happened last weekend. Or Kings Island thought they had enough staffing for weekend operation, but now they are realizing that they are getting much larger crowds than they were expecting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoshuaEric said:

I do have to say that I am impressed with Adventure Express this year! I was there on Saturday (before all the issues) and got a ride in. All of the effects were working in the tunnel at the end and the finally fixed that door!

Yes, it looks awesome and want to thank @VortexBFForever for doing a great job.

Just a quick question. I'm planning to head to the park tomorrow (Friday the 28th) for a few hours. It's been a few years since I've checked this policy, but in case of thunder, does Flight of Fear still operate when the other coasters shut down? I've been in the park a few times during inclement weather the past year or two, but I've never ventured over to see.

8 minutes ago, CoasterJack said:

Just a quick question. I'm planning to head to the park tomorrow (Friday the 28th) for a few hours. It's been a few years since I've checked this policy, but in case of thunder, does Flight of Fear still operate when the other coasters shut down? I've been in the park a few times during inclement weather the past year or two, but I've never ventured over to see.

In my experience, FoF still operates during moderate thunderstorms because it is protected by its building's lightning protection system. However, when other coasters shutdown because of inclement weather, the queue for FoF is crazy long. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JoshuaEric said:

I do have to say that I am impressed with Adventure Express this year! I was there on Saturday (before all the issues) and got a ride in. All of the effects were working in the tunnel at the end and the finally fixed that door!

Adventure Express is my daughter's favorite ride. She was also excited to see the badly needed upgrades.

• Like 2

Just now, NegativeGs said:

In my experience, FoF still operates during moderate thunderstorms because it is protected by its building's lightning protection system. However, when other coasters shutdown because of inclement weather, the queue for FoF is crazy long. 

Thanks, I figured the building would protect the track, my fear back in the day was that an lightning bolt would overload the LSMs if struck, so I figured there was some system in place. I faintly remember hearing about it, but that was back during the paramount days, and I didn't know if there was any change since then. I'm just hoping the rain leads to less crowds tomorrow.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:51 PM, JoshuaEric said:

Did you notice the arrows shoot out now? That’s the first time that’s worked since I was a kid.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Did you notice the arrows shoot out now? That’s the first time that’s worked since I was a kid.

Yes I certainly did! (JoshuaEric is me, I didn't realize I had another account using my main email). I never even knew those existed. It was awesome to see everything working and I was in awe seeing all the guys arms working in the final tunnel with proper lighting. I can' tell you the last time I saw every one of them working, if ever.

• Like 1

Went to the park today from 11:15-6:30 ish and had a blast! I got to see and do a lot more than I did Opening Day. I started with Invertigo, which was more intense than I remember. After that, I headed to Drop Zone, which was great. Also rode Bat twice (2nd ride better than the first), Beast (rough and bumpy, but in the best way; also, I love that wooden coaster wood/grease smell!), Antique Autos, both sides of The Racer (the re-tracked parts were amazingly smooth!!!) and Mystic Timbers (which was very fun!). Also saw the 5:00 Busker Jam and thought it was a great and creative show. It reminded me of Stomp! (the people who drummed on trash cans from the 90's) mixed with Blood Drums and also bluegrass.

I also want to note that while waiting in line for Beast, it was so weird seeing the field where Vortex once was. The weirdness is not from missing Vortex, but that the field is just... there. While riding and after the ride, I realized that the field has some interesting terrain to work with. I'm not sure what could or would go there; we'll just wait and see....

Finally, while it was crowded, lines were not terrible today. The Bat's line was long the first time I rode (also, the Juke Box line was long but at least it was shorter than the line it had on Opening Day), but wait times I experinced were not bad as lines kept moving.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Went to the park today from 11:15-6:30 ish and had a blast! I got to see and do a lot more than I did Opening Day. I started with Invertigo, which was more intense than I remember. After that, I headed to Drop Zone, which was great. Also rode Bat twice (2nd ride better than the first), Beast (rough and bumpy, but in the best way; also, I love that wooden coaster wood/grease smell!), Antique Autos, both sides of The Racer (the re-tracked parts were amazingly smooth!!!) and Mystic Timbers (which was very fun!). Also saw the 5:00 Busker Jam and thought it was a great and creative show. It reminded me of Stomp! (the people who drummed on trash cans from the 90's) mixed with Blood Drums and also bluegrass.

I also want to note that while waiting in line for Beast, it was so weird seeing the field where Vortex once was. The weirdness is not from missing Vortex, but that the field is just... there. While riding and after the ride, I realized that the field has some interesting terrain to work with. I'm not sure what could or would go there; we'll just wait and see....

Finally, while it was crowded, lines were not terrible today. The Bat's line was long the first time I rode (also, the Juke Box line was long but at least it was shorter than the line it had on Opening Day), but wait times I experinced were not bad as lines kept moving.

Was The Bat running two trains today? The other day it was only running a single train which kept the line long, but I suspect that was because of needed maintenance. Also, I am glad you had a good time.