Kings Island 2021 Discussion

coaster sally

10 minutes ago, robt said:

To raise additional revenue for the park, how about the monsters in the MT shed be changed to known local advertising characters?

Oh no! It’s the Big Boy!!

Or...

OMG it’s Rosie Red!! Run!

That would be what Six Flags does LOL. 

And we saw a little during the Paramount years...

I went and had a great time today! Lines were not bad, so I got to do Flight of Fear, Orion (3 times!), Shake Rattle and Roll, Backlot (twice!), Beast, Diamondback (which is a kiddie coaster compared to Orion, IMO), WindSeeker, Adventure Express, Banshee (twice), Bat (twice), Delirium and Drop Zone. I also went up on the Effiel Tower and caught 2 shows of Busker Jam! Dangolshoot, I love that show! :D Because of my great front row ride on Orion (and it just being a fun ride), it is now my official favorite coaster at KI (The Bat is now second place). And let me tell you, that front row ride was something else! I felt like I was on a 91-mph speedboat with all that wind in my face!!! Flight of Fear's ride before that was also insane; the first half was a blur and reminded me of that Spongebob meme where Mr. Krabs is sitting there all confused (from the "Pretty Patties" episode). And once again, the Rivertown Freestyle was actually open!!! @King Ding Dong

Yeah, today was a great day in the park!

• Like 8

8 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

It was closed last Thursday when I went of course.  On the bright side we were able to trick WindSeeker and sneak up on it. :P

Train station AND the one by The Beast were open Sunday. That was a first! Also, the train station one was being very well run: machines were stocked and all had ice, even when they had a line.

Also, you can now once again scoop your own pound candy at the Sweet Spot.

D7AD4607-D832-4E9E-8E27-3422E8294121.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

Sort of; I think @BoddaH1994 is referring to the Coke stand where you can get your own drink from a few different flavors - IIRC, it is located between the arcade and Rivertown LaRosas.

The only thing those are good for is cold water.  :angry:

33 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

The Beast footprints on the asphalt have been removed. The ones on the bricks are still there though.

Oh boy, taking bets on how long before another for The Beast RMC thread. Winner gets a Rivertown FreeStyle front of the line pass.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chuck norris said:

The Beast footprints on the asphalt have been removed. The ones on the bricks are still there though. 68ff89e1f63be2bef48e4e930c990c5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t necessarily mind that the footprints were removed. I know they are supposed to lead to The Beast, but mostly everyone already knows where it is. Also, the white paint wasn’t going to hold up. I do hope Kings Island can better hide the covered footprints, though, because you can still see them. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if the ones on the brick pavers are removed soon. The park will probably have to replace some of the pavers to get rid of them.

Didn't they just put the prints in though? I honestly think they should keep the prints that are on the brick part that leads to the ride. 

They added the footprints 2 years ago as part of the 45th anniversary celebration.
I think it’s fine that they removed them, as they either needed to repaint them or remove them.

The ones on the pavers are in better shape… although they don’t look like they were repainted. So I guess we’ll see if they remove those eventually or how long they last on the pavers.

I think it’s a nice theming element… but I also respect the park knowing when the upkeep isn’t worth it and removing them.

I was just observing and sharing that I noticed the change today. This is that the paver prints look like today. 1dd7fc6cc660817d4ac00989bb3b803d.jpg

3 hours ago, chuck norris said:

They added the footprints 2 years ago as part of the 45th anniversary celebration.
I think it’s fine that they removed them, as they either needed to repaint them or remove them.

The ones on the pavers are in better shape… although they don’t look like they were repainted. So I guess we’ll see if they remove those eventually or how long they last on the pavers.

I think it’s a nice theming element… but I also respect the park knowing when the upkeep isn’t worth it and removing them.

I was just observing and sharing that I noticed the change today. This is that the paver prints look like today. 1dd7fc6cc660817d4ac00989bb3b803d.jpg

The Beast opened in 1979 last time I checked and since the park opened in 1972 I can't figure out what 45th anniversary you are referring to? The Beast was celebrating 40 years in 2019 when they brought the foot prints back.

The Beast opened in 1979 last time I checked and since the park opened in 1972 I can't figure out what 45th anniversary you are referring to? The Beast was celebrating 40 years in 2019 when they brought the foot prints back.

Guess it was the 40th one then… since obviously I was referring to when they placed the footprints.

10 hours ago, chuck norris said:

The footprints were on the blacktop portion when I went on Season Pass Preview weekend.  When I went back two weeks ago, they had sealed the entire road/path that surrounds the Junkyard Coaster.  Probably just a rotational maintenance item, and it would have been impossible  to not seal over top of them.

I think it's fine if it stays this way until the next  milestone anniversary, but I hope  they leave them on the pavers.  If they decide to remove them from the pavers, they won't have to replace them as a previous poster suggested.  A pressure washer most likely could remove it; worst case they could simply turn the pavers over and regrout with sand.

It would be cool if they could repaint with logo colors the next time they do the pawprints.