Kings Island 2021 Discussion

coaster sally

There is a reason a lot of the comments say it is never open lol. A bunch of random people didn't just come together and decide they were going to start this random, unimportant rumor to like spite the park or something. 

I have been at the park probably 20 times in the last few years and I have yet to see it open... Just saying

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

The queue and exit of Bat really needs better lighting at night, particularly concerning the stairs with The Bat queue.  

This doesn’t have much to do with your comment, but The Bat has been running one train off and on a lot this season. I hope nothing is wrong with it, and Kings Island can start running two trains more regularly. Also, Backlot Stunt Coaster’s last row is blocked off for all three trains. I guess Kings Island finally realized that those trains are too long! LOL!

^Bat ran 2 tonight. 

I also noticed the entire station vibrating when the other train came up to the brakes and it kept going until the train I was on dispatched and was just starting up the lift. 

All a prelude to one of the best Bat night rides I've ever had, and a fireworks ride to boot.  It was hauling something fierce tonight. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^Bat ran 2 tonight. 

I also noticed the entire station vibrating when the other train came up to the brakes and it kept going until the train I was on dispatched and was just starting up the lift. 

All a prelude to one of the best Bat night rides I've ever had, and a fireworks ride to boot.  It was hauling something fierce tonight. 

Hopefully Kings Island has fixed whatever issues they had with The Bat’s second train. I also agree that The Bat gives a phenomenal night ride.

12 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

This doesn’t have much to do with your comment, but The Bat has been running one train off and on a lot this season.

Every time I have ridden it this season it has had two trains running. Am I the lucky one, or are you the unlucky one? :huh:

I noticed last week, or maybe two weeks ago, that one of The Bat trains seemed to have had a worn out, uneven, or loose wheel in the back and you could clearly hear it rattling or bouncing along the track in the exit area as The Bat flew by, so maybe said poster happened to be there on a day they pulled it offline to replace or fix wheel.

I have seen The Bat running two trains more than I have seen the Rivertown FreeStyle open :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Heard yesterday while in the park about a new app that you can download to “sync” your phone to the fireworks/light show at 10pm.

I left the park prior to 10pm, so I didn’t check it out. Has anyone done it yet? What exactly does the app do?

Ps. This is a different app than the normal KI app. 8f00b8923499f0ff393ca53d9a2dbe20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chuck norris said:

Heard yesterday while in the park about a new app that you can download to “sync” your phone to the fireworks/light show at 10pm.

I left the park prior to 10pm, so I didn’t check it out. Has anyone done it yet? What exactly does the app do?

Ps. This is a different app than the normal KI app. 8f00b8923499f0ff393ca53d9a2dbe20.jpg

I did it at Cedar Point. I’ll decline to comment so you guys can experience it for yourselves.

9 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Every time I have ridden it this season it has had two trains running. Am I the lucky one, or are you the unlucky one? :huh:

I am probably the unlucky one. I have only seen The Bat with one train this season, but it seems like everyone else has only seen it with two trains. I have literally seen Rivertown Freestyle open more! LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am probably the unlucky one. I have only seen The Bat with one train this season, but it seems like everyone else has only seen it with two trains. I have literally seen Rivertown Freestyle open more! LOL!

You must be in the park today since it is only one train today:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

Park is slammed today. 11:20 and the lot is half full already with a line of traffic down Kings Island Drive. Not a good day to be here.

Water park is busy, but not slammed. 

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

Park is slammed today. 11:20 and the lot is half full already with a line of traffic down Kings Island Drive. Not a good day to be here.

To be fair, the weather is really nice today, and it is a holiday weekend. Also, for the past few days, Kings Island has been deserted due to the forecasted weather. When I attend as a guest, I try to go on days when it is supposed to rain all day because it usually doesn’t actually rain all day, and everything is sometimes a walk-on.

50 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

If you go on a day such as this, set expectations appropriately.  I remember a little over a year ago, many KI fans were just wanting them to open the park and let people walk around without anything open.

Exactly 1 year ago today! This was opening day last year.

Oh and I'm sorry we missed see you at the park today @King Ding Dong!:lol:

PXL_20210702_205438340.MP.jpg

• Like 1

I was busy yesterday….Counting.

496D8DD9-9018-4AD6-97E1-2AC212C52FCF.jpeg

DAEAF7EA-2CB1-489B-87AB-AD8730952322.jpeg

2…

8CDD2D51-4815-447B-9774-044F4FC10DB5.jpeg

3…

324EB4D9-FB87-4A6C-8004-5CEC1665C070.jpeg

4…

C5F7579E-FEAC-4094-BA79-45FD44F6A6A9.jpeg

5…

6856F631-D827-49F5-A547-7A3BA9131587.jpeg

5!  5 open Freestyle Stands!

If “the other park” can have 5 open Freestyle Stands then surely KI should have no problem keeping a measly 2 open.  

You can do it KI!  Keep up the good work!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, silver2005 said:

^There used to be an amazing hoagie stand under those stands that I miss a lot. :(  

I also think we need a RT Freestyle Stand thread for if it's open or not. :P 

Also used to sell Pepsi 

• Like 2

We've had two great days at the park with yesterday and today (7/2 and 3). Really impressive ride ops, food and drink staff keeping the lines moving. We like the live music all over the park as well.

Tonight, it looked like they had some issues with the longer fireworks, it started and then stopped for a while, but still looked nice. 

Only thing I'm seeing a lot of is trains getting sent with a lot of empty rows. Seems like the seat assignment process at the top of the stairs just can't keep up with the fast dispatches I've been seeing on the 3 B&Ms. Our final ride on Orion today we had 3 completely empty rows in front of us (rows 5-7). 

23 minutes ago, JimParker85 said:

We've had two great days at the park with yesterday and today (7/2 and 3). Really impressive ride ops, food and drink staff keeping the lines moving. We like the live music all over the park as well.

Tonight, it looked like they had some issues with the longer fireworks, it started and then stopped for a while, but still looked nice. 

Only thing I'm seeing a lot of is trains getting sent with a lot of empty rows. Seems like the seat assignment process at the top of the stairs just can't keep up with the fast dispatches I've been seeing on the 3 B&Ms. Our final ride on Orion today we had 3 completely empty rows in front of us (rows 5-7). 

Was Kings Island busy today or yesterday? It seems like crowds were light today.

I've had pretty good visits for going the weekend of the 4th or on the 4th.  It seems like a bad idea on paper, but its actually not a bad idea (assuming the 4th isn't on a Saturday).  

With it still being post-Covid, that can still be a factor for not being as predictable.