Raising Awareness for SFOT

ThrillKingsFitzy

So I went to SFOT about 2-3 weeks ago and I did not have a good experience. Not at all. I’m not trying to sound like an overly sensitive person or whatnot, but I have a feeling you guys would want to know this.

So we got to the park and we noticed security was on point. There was a lot of security but we thought it was for covid procedures so we brushed it off.

The park was almost Disneyland busy. It was about a 2 hour wait for every ride and I only got to ride 3 in my 8 hours of being there. That and it was very confusing to get around because the paths are terrible.

Finally we were in line for Mr. Freeze. A security guard came in just scanning people’s faces like something was wrong and all of a sudden a huge fight happens right in front of our eyes. The smart people backed away but the others literally climbed the walls to film.

So they evacuated everyone from mr freeze so I didn’t get to ride it but I wasn’t really disappointed, just glad I was safe with my family. We got to the house and I was scrolling YouTube. Here’s the kicker. I found a video telling me that the day before we went a fight happened that resulted in a shooting. They didn’t shut the park down for a few days which is what really ticked me off.

So all in all, if you are looking for a safe and fun environment/experience, do not come to SFOT. Worst park I’ve been to by far. If they want to be a better park, they need to keep these fights under control.

I have never understood the reason why people want to fight at a park.  I've heard about these at Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Dorney, Over Georgia, St Louis and Magic Mountain.  

I've heard of some skirmishes at KI, but nothing stands out in my mind since I "got into" parks a few years ago.