Hand-Painted Resin Models of the Train Engines Avaliable

IndyGuy4KI

Among the exciting new arrivals at online store are 1:48 scale hand-painted resin models of the K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad. The Blue No. 12 engine and Green No. 19 engine models measure 10 inches in length and are a must-have item for fans of the attraction.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/april/resin-models-of-the-k.i.--miami-valley-railroad-now-available-at-the-online-store?fbclid=IwAR2K_bOjksa2v64wOouyYB2LWOMy0gpzwDnuPszcGuNmTTVaAw67016qvJg

These are really cool, will you be getting a set?

banner-modeltrain.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see KI again stepping up their exclusive merchandise game. The pin collection, the Nano-Coasters, the Coaster Cut Outs, the Ornaments, the calendar are all great pieces for a collector.

Although these train models look a bit "rough" (as is the case with most resin models of any sort) I am very glad to see these and have made my purchase.

I'm still wishing/hoping for CoasterDynamix Statix trains of Orion, Mystic Timbers, Racer, Banshee and "The Bat" (original please), as well as a much needed return to the large souvenir park maps.  (I mean seriously, if CP can do it every year for 30 years straight, why cant KI?)

Baby steps, I suppose ;-)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, standbyme said:

^Same here... I always thought these were one of the better souvenirs the park offered.

Scattered throughout the decades, there's been a few collector gems pop-up for sale at KI.  During the Paramount Era, they commissioned hand painted replicas of the lead carousel horses.  Also, there was some original International Street art that was sold in a very limited capacity.  Unfortunately, unique artistic representations of KI are pretty few and far between.  Which amazes me, because in each of those cases they sold out afaik.

• Like 2

The stablemates came in the mail today. Unfortunately Lew Brown was broken from the base of the locomotive and track upon on arrival. I’m currently in the process of getting a refund and or replacement. Other than that they look great! $19.99 is great value! I didn’t take them out of their plastic coverings yet, still waiting on refund / replacement for Lew Brown (Green train): 

CB9B4413-5ADD-4521-B0FF-F9054B9914FA.jpeg

Update on the return / refund. Still no reply from Kings Island gear about my order being broken upon arrival. I used the email link provided regarding questions to my order and have sent 2 emails so far with no reply. Frustrating non the less.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 8:13 PM, Tr0y said:

Update on the return / refund. Still no reply from Kings Island gear about my order being broken upon arrival. I used the email link provided regarding questions to my order and have sent 2 emails so far with no reply. Frustrating non the less.

Call the park 513-754-5700. They will be there during business hours until the park opens for the season. At least you may talk to a human being if you call. I bet they can help you.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, Shaggy said:

Scattered throughout the decades, there's been a few collector gems pop-up for sale at KI.  During the Paramount Era, they commissioned hand painted replicas of the lead carousel horses.  Also, there was some original International Street art that was sold in a very limited capacity.  Unfortunately, unique artistic representations of KI are pretty few and far between.  Which amazes me, because in each of those cases they sold out afaik.

I’d love to buy a mock up of a carousel horse that’s like this. But I would want it to be an actual replica of one, not a generic carousel horse. That would be like when CoasterDynamics tried to sell us a bill of goods in 2008 which was a replica of the Diamondback trains. By replica, I mean having Diamondback stickers on them. Literally everything else was wrong, including even the type of train.  :P