Controversial opinions that'll get you punched by a KI fan

SonofBaconator

30 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

The Beast is too rough to enjoy.

Yes, this does come from me. I usually can tolerate rough rides but the rides I’ve had in beast are just unbearable. Last time I rode, I got a bruise on my shoulder.

Last time I rode The Beast in a wheel seat it felt like my spine was about to snap like a toothpick, don't get me wrong I can handle my fair share of roughness (I once rode Vortex 56 times in a row) but The Beast is getting to a point where its unbearable.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Snowball said:

International street is better without all the trees.

That felt wrong typing out.

I don't know if I can disagree with you (because of the premise of this thread).  But I do think removing the trees actually made International Street look better.  To me, it gives more scale and grandeur to the atmosphere.  I do miss the shade they provided, though!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Son of Beast was the best thing ever added to the park and never really as rough as people say... :blink:

I didn’t expect to actually agree with anything in this thread but here we are. :lol:

Edit: Lol you said Son of Beast not Beast, just noticed that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TombRaiderFTW said:

Diamondback is fairly forgettable as a roller coaster, and its addition did more to lessen atmosphere in the park than anything Paramount did.

Wow, that's rough! However, I partially agree as it's very noisy and disrupted what was once a quiet area of the park.

On a related note, here's mine: Diamondback is overrated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Wow, that's rough! However, I partially agree as it's very noisy and disrupted what was once a quiet area of the park.

On a related note, here's mine: Diamondback is overrated.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with both the forgettable, and overrated statements.  I dont know, maybe its because I over-rode the crap out of it in 09, but it has been an epic snore machine to me since about 2011, regardless of what row or time of day I ride.

EDIT:ANd before anybody starts with the "Youre just anti B&M" garbage, I dont want to hear it.... I really like Banshee and have thought since day one it hands Raptor its arse in a basket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Capacity of overrated in terms of helping KI get rides truly unique to the area. 

I would agree with this to a point.  I know I have been someone who has talked about the importance of capacity but CF has done a good of adding capacity to the park.  The three B&Ms, The Beast, Racer, and AE are all great at eating thru a line and Mystic does decent as well.  Orion (when things get back to normal) more than makes up whatever capacity that Firehawk and half empty Vortex trains were getting.

I don't think they need a one train ride (ala the Tempestos of the world) but the park could certainly handle a Gerstlauer, Mack, or RMC to bring some variety (and inversions) back to the park.

• Like 1